• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:47 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Action VI

Started by tomcat, Aug 15, 2014, 12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disench4nted

"Now might be the time for our little distraction on the coolant line." Hawyire said, "If we set it off now we'll probably get that team we just snuck past, and it should distract these guys in front of us enough for us to take them out before they can call for help. What do you guys think?"

GandalfOfBorg

"Now's as good a time as any.  Take up positions.  Haywire, do your magic.  Have the little guy, here, help if needed," says Martel.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

disench4nted

Haywire pulled out his detonator and waited for the rest of the team to get ready for the other two guards.

"Fire in the hole", Haywire said as soon as he go the go-ahead from the rest of the team. Then he smiled to himself and blew the charge.

tomcat

:ooc: I just need a little input to determine any tests and / or results.

Where is the charge going and what it the intent? To harm/kill the Trandoshan and his party of three others? If so, it will have to be placed towards their location, which is fine. I just need to know where you want it.

Or, is this just to cause a distraction and allow you guys to get the jump on the pirates? Are you looking to debilitate the ship, too?

I will post when I get your response Dis4nchanted.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

disench4nted

:ooc: This is meant to be the charge that we put on the damaged coolant line earlier which should flood the sensor room with coolant. The plan is for it to kill the party of guys that just walked past us into the sensor array room, and also hopefully distract the guards between us and the reactor room so that we can take them out without them alerting the ship to our presence. If it happened to take out the ships hyperdrive systems that would be great.

deadpool

:ooc:We could time the explosion with a couple of shots or a gas grenade to take care of the guys infront of us.

tomcat

:ooc:  ;) I forgot all about that! Very nice! Okay, I am back in the game.

Fine with me on the firing at the other team. Let me know who is firing, what you are firing and give me some rolls.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

:ooc:I like that plan.  Hammer can take the closer one, Longshot should probably take the other.

"Longshot, lets take these two out, if we time it right we should be able to kill both of them and have Haywire's fireworks cover us.  Commander, if you'd do the honor of giving us a count."

Hammer lined up his shot next to Longshot and waited for Martel to count and pulled the trigger exactly at the same time as his brothers.

DC - ?? Ranged heavy assault blaster rifle* +12 (3d10+8) with Point Blank Shot
:00: 1d20+12 : 20 + 12, total 32

:dmg: 3d10+8 : 7, 10, 3 + 8, total 28

GandalfOfBorg

When all is set, Martel gives a 3-count countdown.  On "Go!" all hell breaks loose.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

:ooc: I'm assuming that Longshot has the chance to use his Deadeye skill, since he's aiming at a precise area and had time to line up. If not, please ignore the extra damage die.

DC - ?? Ranged sniper rifle* +11 (4d10+8; CT-1) with Point Blank Shot and Deadeye and Debilitating Shot

:00:
Rolled 1d20+11 : 18 + 11, total 29

:dmg:
Rolled 5d10+8 : 8, 3, 2, 8, 10 + 8, total 39
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Sep 27, 2014, 03:27 PM #70 Last Edit: Sep 27, 2014, 03:33 PM by tomcat
:ooc: nice rolls, guys!

Sorry for the delay - this past week we moved our company from one location to a new one and it ate up a lot of time and energy.

Hassthak led his Rodian and Human companions through the forward strut compartment and into the large sensor dome room. The two fanned out along either side while the Trandoshan watched the door through which they came. The pirates made the circuit to where the two passages that led to both airlock ports. The human began to walk into the corridor near him, but the Rodian caught sight of something odd further around the inverted dome. She ran the short length to find the feet of one of the Sullustan engineers poking out from under a cooling unit. Water dripped down off the pipes above and a small beep began to transmit. The Rodian pirate looked up and saw the thermite mag-charge above her. Her black eyes widened and she turned to yell to her companions.

The explosive detonated and blew the pipes apart upon which it was connected. The pipes were a variety of coolants and other functional chemicals that the huge freighter needed to run. The Rodian was smashed to the floor by the concussive burst and then her backside was shredded by fragments of metal, plasteel and ceramic. The now open pipes sprayed forth their contents in a gout of fluids, which had an immediate chemical reaction. Oxygen mixed with chloride along with other molecular chains and the already unhealthy gas became a lethal acid.

From where he stood, Hassthak heard a CRUMP! and then his Rodian companion was gone in a tangle of fire, gas, and metal. A billowing cloud began to rush forth filling the entirety of the sensor dome chamber. His human companion looked in fear and ran down the corridor towards the dead end, which was the airlock. Hassthak jumped backwards, through the door where he stood guard as sirens began to wail and emergency systems went into action. The door dropped down on him, catching his leg, as it sealed off the rest of the ship from the unhealthy gas leak. The Trandoshan gave a cry in agony as he saw his left leg was now gone below the knee. He pulled himself backwards, angry and in pain, even though he knew that it would soon grow back.

Inside the sensor dome chamber, the Human pirate came at last to the airlock doors. He turned to see a green-yellow cloud moving down the corridor towards him. He looked at the door and then the cloud knowing both were certain death. The man screamed at the first touch of the corrosive agent that enveloped him and began to literally melt his flesh. He gagged and grabbed at his throat while his tongue also began to sear with pain from the blistering agent. He fell to the floor and hung on the edge of consciousness when a shrill vacuum sound filled his ears - the Action VI emergency systems. All the air and gas was sucked explosively from the chamber and vented into space. If the man had had a chance to be rescued and immersed in bacta, he might have survived the chemical burn, but unfortunately the vacuum of the chamber pulled most of his lung tissue into his throat killing him instantly.

Longshot and Hammer fired their weapons, synchronous with Haywire's demo charge. The blaster bolts echoed in the spacious chamber but their targets were unaware of the attacks. Hammer's shot burned cleanly through his Nikto's back and chest, killing instantly. Longshot's attack struck lower. The sniper's target went down and gave a scream of pain, as his left hip was destroyed by the tibanna energy bolt. Still, the pirate was not dead.

In the other chamber, Hassthak heard the blasters and knew that there were invaders on the ship.

Stefan

Hammer waited for a few moments, seeing that the one of the smugglers had survived their attack Hammer quickly moved to deal with the situation.  He ran to the man and pulled him out of the middle of the room so that anyone who responded wouldn't immediately see him. He then pointed the huge rifle that he carried at the poor man's face.

"Be quiet or I will end you here and now, understand?  I'll get you some medical help but first I have a couple of questions for you, ok?"

Once he had the nod he was looking for he began questioning the man.

"Who else is on this floor? How many people are on the ship? Where are they stationed?"

disench4nted

Haywire lingered for only a moment to relish the sounds of the explosion he had just created before leaping off of his hiding place to deal with the guards they had just ambushed.

By the time he got there Hammer was already questioning the wounded man so Haywire began hiding the other body and scanning the area for any additional threats.

tomcat

The Nikto guard shudders from the pain as Hammer turns him so that he can speak face to face. The Clone Trooper can see the terrible wound in the humanoid's hip - though cauterized, the bone has been burnt through. The pirate quickly replies to the interrogation, "There are forty of us...not all...on deck seven and eight. Captain is on command deck...bridge...seven. There are the...others...not crew...in cargo bay four...deck four."

Sweat glistens over the Nikto's reptilian looking face. Mitts moves close and waits for his commander to allow him to help. The corpsman can see the wound is bad. He is sure that he can stabilize the pirate, but without surgery or a bactatank, the Nikto will probably not walk normally again.

Martel and the remaining troopers work to conceal the bodies. Haywire looks ahead of him and sees the small, round engineering compartment. It is the base of the Action VI's large ion drive engines.

Ginova heard his crewman cry out, "Sensors just went out! Er...sir, I don't think that was from an external hit. I think we just had a system failure...perhaps an explosion on deck 2!"

The captain hit the internal com, "Hassthak, status?"

Only static was the reply.

Ginova looked to a large brutish man near the bridge access door, "Open the armory. I want all crewmembers armed and ready. Whatever is going on below, I want answers. Send one of your men down to Four and tell the others we need their help. Let one of their hounds sniff out the lower decks!"

The pirate thug gave a nod and ran from the bridge. Ginova looked to his bridge crew, "What were those damned Y-wings doing before we lost our sensors?"

"They were holding back, sir. They had stopped with the heavy attacks some time ago, as if they didn't want to do too much damage to us."

"They have people on board," said the captain. "Somehow they fooled us and got raiders on board. Must be some rogue pirates - or someone - maybe trying to steal our payload."

Aft of the bridge, the armory cages were opened and the complement of crewmen that were nearby were all given blaster rifles and pistols of varying types.

Stefan

Hammer waves Mitts over to begin working on the man.

"How many on Deck 4?"

Once he gets the answer, Hammer presses on his helmet comm and relay's the info to Martel and the team. Then looks to Mitts once again. 

"Stablize him quickly then put him under.  Once we take the ship we can come back and deal with the wound."