• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Aug 23, 2019, 12:12 am

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


The Action VI

Started by tomcat, Aug 15, 2014, 12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: Suggestion has been noted, Stefan. I will get some activities going here very soon, Deadpool. Glad no one has fallen out.  :)

Stefan, based on what you wrote, I am making the assumption the team has moved to the first cargo bay.





The team passed through the ship's forward mech chamber, passing through the first man-lift and then the two massive hydraulic controllers that managed the two forward landing struts. Before them now was the forward, lower cargo hold, which was used by most freighter crews to position loadouts by priority. Basically, the cargo would be onloaded and then from this staging point moved up deeper into the ship based on size and destination time. Except for a few cargo crates, load-lifters, and repulsor sleds, the chamber was empty. Beyond the cargo bay was the large freight lift that would move the many crates to other bays within the Action VI.

The ship thrummed with the sound of the engines that were now closer. Martel led the team into the cargo bay and then he dropped quickly down to one knee, hoping the load-lifter not far in front of him had masked his presence. Another ship engineer came around a large moisture condenser on the starboard side of the cargo lift. He carried a small datapad and made record of readings, but then his head turned in the direction that he had come and he spoke, "Eh? Have I seen or heard anything down here? What the frak is to see in a maintenance-cargo hold except grease crates?"

Another voice hissed, "No, fool! Have you seen anyone moving around that should not be?"

"Nobody's down here bur Neril and Sien... they're up near the sensor dome. We have an R5 down here, too, but its busy releasing hydraulic pressure on the struts. Whatever is hammering us is playing havoc with these old systems. You're welcome to look around though."

"We will," was the short reply.

"Maybe its one of those odd fellows you guys brought aboard after we left Rori - they're just a deck or two up, right? They make my skin crawl!"

"Do your job, so we can do ours!"

The team saw more movement as the engineer moved to step aside as a team of five armed humans and other humanoids rounded the corner led by a thick, squat Trandoshan.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: I have gridded the map in the previous post in case you guys decide to go into combat.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Martel motions for the team to hide, taking up defensive positions.

Stefan

 :ooc:Are we close enough to have heard what they're saying?

Hammer hadn't seen yet what Martel was telling him to hide from but he moved quickly and quietly behind the large crate on the left and waved the rest of the team over to him where there was good cover.
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

tomcat

:ooc: Everything that you see written was heard. The cargo bay echoes with the voices underlined by a low thrum of the engines.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

disench4nted

 :ooc:Don't have anything to add, just checking in. I'm completely fine with trying to sneak through all this. Haywire is following orders at this point.

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Sep 02, 2014, 04:41 am
Martel motions for the team to hide, taking up defensive positions.


Longshot nodded, then scrambled for a defensive position that was obscured from the cargo bay, yet gave him the best line of sight into it.
He raised his rifle and looked to set up a braced position.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

After some thought Hammer looks over at Martel and speaks softly into his helmet comm.

"We might be able to avoid detection if we climb on top of these containers wait for the patrol to pass.  Or at the very least we can ambush them from above."
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

GandalfOfBorg

Martel considers a moment and responds with a whisper, "Up if you can, I'll stay with droid."

Stefan

"Longshot, you're first."

Hammer makes a cradle out of his hands and waits for Longshot to put his foot in then boosts the sniper up onto the top of the crates.

Once he's up top Hammer waves Haywire to go up next followed by Mitts. He then grabbed their waiting hands to be pulled up behind them.
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

disench4nted

When Haywire hit the top of the crates he saw Longshot was already getting comfortable with this blaster. He was in his element.

Haywire turned around and helped lift Mitts and Hammer up with him and hoped they could avoid being seen for just a little while longer.

tomcat

:ooc: Hey guys, if you all wouldn't mind giving me a Climb roll DC 10 and a Stealth roll that I can make opposition checks against.

Thankee!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

disench4nted

Stealth+17
Rolled 1d20+17 : 14 + 17, total 31


Climb+5 DC-10
Rolled 1d20+5 : 19 + 5, total 24

Stefan

 :ooc:Since Hammer is helping the guys up on to the crates I think he should be able to give them assistance with their checks to make the climb easier and quieter as they get to the top. Let me know if you disagree.

Assist checks to give +2 climb and stealth to Longshot, Haywire and Mitts:

Assist Longshot Climb
Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21

Assist Longshot Stealth
Rolled 1d20+17 : 18 + 17, total 35


Assist Haywire Climb
Rolled 1d20+6 : 20 + 6, total 26

Assist Haywire Stealth
Rolled 1d20+17 : 19 + 17, total 36


Assist Mitts Climb
Rolled 1d20+6 : 7 + 6, total 13

Assist Mitts Stealth
Rolled 1d20+17 : 8 + 17, total 25


(Any of the above rolls over 10 succeed and give a +2 to that team member's check)

Hammer's Climb and Stealth checks

Hammer Climb
Rolled 1d20+6 : 3 + 6, total 9

Hammer Sealth 
Rolled 1d20+17 : 14 + 17, total 31
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

sdrotar

Stealth+17
:00:
Rolled 1d20+17 : 7 + 17, total 24


Climb+5 DC-10
:00:
Rolled 1d20+5 : 4 + 5, total 9
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun