• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Aug 23, 2019, 12:38 am

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


The Action VI

Started by tomcat, Aug 15, 2014, 12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The men of Derecho were now all out of their ships. The mech-droids left to take command, proceeded to keep the fighters in close proximity and two even took a couple of shots at the large freighter.

They had to get inside. Their armor had an environment, but it was limited so a decision needed to be made quickly. The airlock was before them and Martel's lightsaber would have made quick work of the door, but that would compromise the small repressurization chamber beyond that allowed access in or out of the ship. Still, once through, the ship's auto-emergency systems might generate environmental shields - the kind that allowed embarked ships to launch from hangar bays in space. But, the question arose - did this ship have them, and did they work?

Lastly, there was a control console on the side of the outer lock that could be spiked. Haywire would need to get busy.




:ooc: I do not need a roll from Martel - his lightsaber will cut through the ship's skin. It will just take a little time.

If Haywire is going to spike the lock's control system, these are the rolls I need.

Use Computer vs. Will Defense of 21 (Ardent Falcon computer stats: +6 INT mod, Will 21)
Current attitude is Unfriendly (-5 test modifier)

You will need to test until you have a Friendly attitude.

As long as you do not fail a roll by 5 or more, the computer will not signal an intrusion alert.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

disench4nted

"Sir! How do you want to enter? I can start working on this door, but I can't be certain that I won't just switch on the alarms. Just give me the word.

:ooc:Hacking the door would be the stealthiest if I succeed or the worst (~25% chance to set off the alarm). Anyone have any a preference? Otherwise I'd say we just let Haywire roll. If he sets off the alarm we can use the lightsaber so we don't come in right in the middle of a bunch of guys ready to shoot the door.

sdrotar

"I think they know we're here already," Longshot quipped, as he surveyed the scarred and sparking hull of the freighter.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

Martel smirked at the sniper's comment and jerked a thumb at the access panel. "Do it," he said to Haywire.  He kept a thumb on the activation stud, ready to make quick work of the door if his man was unsuccessful or if he was and a surprise showed up on the other side.

Stefan

Hammer kept watch around them, making sure there were no point defense weapons or anti-personnel devices to give them trouble.

"At this point I think they're still seeing the Y's and don't know were coming in.  Lets try to keep it that way."
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

disench4nted

"You got it", said Haywire as he pulled out his computer spikes and got started slicing.

Use Computer +16 (-5 for unfriendly computer) DC 21
Rolled 1d20+11 : 12 + 11, total 23

disench4nted

"So far so good..."

Use Computer +16 (-2 for indifferent computer) DC 21
Rolled 1d20+14 : 17 + 14, total 31

disench4nted

"I'm in! Everyone stack up and lets do this.

:ooc:If I didn't do the hacking right let me know, but I believe the computer is now friendly and I can open the door.

Stefan

Hammer moves into the lead position so that he can set up cover fire for the rest of the team if needed once they were inside.  He then motions for the rest of the team to fall in behind him.
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

tomcat

Aug 19, 2014, 09:12 am #9 Last Edit: Aug 19, 2014, 09:14 am by tomcat
:ooc: Yes, Haywire did a great job at the rolls needed. I also include a +3 to your Use Computer rolls for the Spikes you carry. I added them to your PC equipment - you have 4 left.




The team maneuvered through the challenge of weightlessness, but quickly compensated once through the portal as the ship's artificial gravity took effect. Hammer went through first, his heavy blaster ready and aimed at the inner hatch that secured the ship from the vacuumed airlock. Behind him came Longshot, Mitts, Martel, and finally Haywire who hit the activation switch that sealed the lock. Air was injected into the chamber and re-pressurized, as well as warmed to a comfortable temperature. The Clone Troopers' armor automatically detected the environment and switched from internal air supplies to external.

Haywire's computer bracer lit up with their team objectives based on the plan put together by Martel while still on the Dauntless. The simple goals flashed based on what had been completed:

Quote1• jump in close to ship and jam communications
2• disable ship with ion cannons and we go EVA to airlock
3• droids distract crew until we break in to Deck 2 airlock

4• turbolift or the cargo lift to move between decks
5• secure reactor room and lifts
6• proceed to subsequent levels and neutralize remaining crew threat
7• slave our ships with navcomp of freighter and jump to mission-designated location


Martel had originally planned a two point penetration, but the team had needed to act quickly to maintain surprise and so they all now stood watching as the inner lock door hissed open. (Also because the GM forgot to re-read the original plan and narrated the wrong thing  :| )

On the bridge of the Ardent Falcon, the freighter's designated comp/sensor tech called out to his captain, "Ginova! I am getting a computer glitch here, sir. If it's not a glitch, we may have a problem."

"What is it," demanded Captain Ginova in an irritated voice. The Action VI suddenly shook from a Y-wing attack to emphasize the point.

"Airlock 2-8D on deck two shows it opened and resealed. I can't confirm if it is an error report, or if it really happened - the computer shows no signs of tampering. But, we show no direct hits in the area that might have caused damage to the lock."

Ginova face took on a puzzled look. He hit the comm, "Hassthak, I want a team down to two for a complete level sweep."

The ship was big and that would take some time, but he needed to know if his ship had been compromised. Boarders? he thought to himself. Ginova hit the comm again, "Make sure the team is armed."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

Hammer carefully stepped out into the passageway checking for any opposition in both directions as he went.  Once he was sure it was safe he set up his position to watch on direction then waved the team out and in the direction that they believed the turbolift to the reactor would be.
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

GandalfOfBorg

"Alright... Turbolift now, go! Remember to protect the package," Martel said, referring to the droid.

deadpool

"Roger that." said Mitts, his blaster rifle ready in his hands.

tomcat

Aug 21, 2014, 11:23 am #13 Last Edit: Aug 22, 2014, 11:58 am by tomcat
:ooc: Give me a bit here guys - I am trying to make heads and tails of these Action VI floor plans that someone generated. I will probably be doing a complete re-design, but I will update today.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Aug 20, 2014, 08:34 am
"Alright... Turbolift now, go! Remember to protect the package," Martel said, referring to the droid.


"Roger", Longshot replied. He thought of pulling out his pistol in the tight quarters, but Hammer and Mitts had that covered.
He raised his rifle to firing position and fell in line.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun