• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Aug 23, 2019, 12:54 am

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


The Action VI

Started by tomcat, Aug 15, 2014, 12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Aug 24, 2014, 07:36 am #15 Last Edit: Aug 25, 2014, 08:36 am by tomcat
Derecho had entered the Action VI on her second level - although the first level was nothing more than access to the landing struts and the primary load ramp. They were on the starboard side of the ship and near the front. Five levels above them was the command level and primary berthing, the remainder of the ship was naught much else but cargo storage and engineering.



Hammer was in a squat position overwatching the corridor which they would be moving down. The alternate direction led to a dead end at a maintenance panel that was used to access the forward deflector shield grid. The team followed him out and moved passed him, at which point the sergeant stood to follow. The airlock passage was just over six meters in length before it came to another environmental door that turned right, into the ship. It was open.

Again the team stacked on the corridor corner and this time Longshot took the lead around. The trooper gazed a bit in wonder at the large inverted domed room that was entered. The ship's primary sensor array was contained within and the large dome focused the many signals to the navcomp, emergency systems, and weapon controls when an Action VI had need. The sniper heard voices and immediately stopped, making a hand signal for the rest of the team to follow.

"Wa tu pon vey sing?" was heard. Another answered, "Pim-tay jas pon woo."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Martel motioned for Longshot to take a look to a bearing on the location of voices' source.

:ooc: Is this in a language someone might know?

Stefan

 :ooc:Are we on the correct floor and we just need to get to one of those passages at the rear of the ship to enter the reactor area? Or do we need to find lifts to get to the correct level still?
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

tomcat

:ooc: Matt, Haywire understands the language. I just PM'ed disench4nted so that he could RP it out how he wants.

Stefan, I attached the image below of all of the levels of the Action VI. They are kind of hard to understand the original creators intent, so I am modifying as needed. Deck 1 is at the bottom of the pic and then they go up from there to each new level.

I can see that the artist designed it with three lifts - a forward and aft Man-lift (the circles that are on each level) and a central cargo lift (the blue square in the center). The engines are shown on two of the levels, but the actual engineering is made up over five levels - two and three look like the have some kind of reactor chamber (the bulbous chamber at the rear of Deck 2). Then on Decks six, seven and eight have more machinery looking stuff and Deck seven looks like it has an actual engineering room.

Due to redundancies, I will allow some form of engine control and interruption from multiple decks, but there could be other crewmen that might correct what you do outside of destroying a necessary component. Make sense?

Anyway, I will let you guys get creative in how to 'take out' the engines. Use techno-jargon words and stuff. I will give required tests and DC's based on what you want to achieve, but I give you guys freedom to design your own plan to do it. Any questions, let me know.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

disench4nted

It took a second for his mind to catch on when he heard the smuggler engineers talking, Haywire knew this language. He turned up the sensitivity of his helmets external audio to catch the rest of the conversation, then keyed his mic and starting explaining the technical situation

"Here's the way I see it. Our first priority is taking out the ships hyperdrive systems. They have probably already started making preparations so we need to get on it. We have a couple of options here. We can go straight to the reactors on this level and shutdown the ships power, this will keep the ship stationary and should deactivate most automated defenses in here unless they have backup power for some of them which is unlikely. The downside is that we'll have to repair them before we can jump to the rendezvous point, which means we can't completely wreck it and we'd have to post a guard while we cleared the ship. Alternatively we could make our way to engineering and take it over, we will not be able to do this stealthily and it will likely be heavily defended. The final option is to go straight to the bridge but that will be even more heavily defended and engineering would still be able to complete a jump after we take the bridge.

If we get to the reactor room I should be able to hobble the ship enough so that they don't have the power to jump into hyperspace and make it look like regular damage from our Y-wings. Also, those engineers are saying that there is a damaged coolant line around here somewhere. If we can find that and bust it open we'll render that entire section of the ship impassible by living creatures. There should be a computer socket in the reactor room for the droid to plug into. My suggestion is to get that quickly and quietly right now.


Stefan

Hammer peeks around the corner to see if he can see the two men talking and identify any other threats.  Then he pulls his combat knife. 

"Longshot, it looks like there are just the two of them, I'll take the far one, you get the near one, lets take them out."

DC - Opposed Stealth +17
:00: 1d20+17 : 2 + 17, total 19

LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

GandalfOfBorg

"Sounds good.  Do what you can to cause systems-wide chaos to keep them busy so we can make it to the reactor room.  Ready?" Martel asks looking around.  If there is nothing else, he nods to Hammer and Longshot to take out the engineers.

Stefan

After receiving the nod from Martel Hammer checks again to make sure they aren't looking, then steps around the wall and moves into position to take out the engineer.

DC - Opposed Stealth +17
:00: 1d20+17 : 10 + 17, total 27



DC - Engineer Ref Def (Hopefully flat footed) Melee Atk +9
:00: 1d20+9 : 18 + 9, total 27

:dmg: 1d6+7 : 5 + 7, total 12
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

sdrotar

Longshot nodded, an almost imperceptible tilt to anyone but his squadmates.

DC - Opposed Stealth +17
:00:
Rolled 1d20+17 : 6 + 17, total 23



DC - Engineer Ref Def Melee Atk +8
:00:
Rolled 1d20+9 : 17 + 9, total 26

:dmg:
Rolled 1d4+7 : 1 + 7, total 8
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

The two troopers moved out, silent as nexu on the prowl. The Sullustan engineers were engrossed in the large conduit that contained the sensor's invaluable coolant, which was currently flowing out a slight leak. Nothing too threatening, but still a concern.

Hammer moved past Longshot so that they could time the strike synchronously taking out both pirates with no sound. Standing behind their targets, the clones acted in tandem and both grabbed and struck. The combat knives entered at the base of each Sullustans' neck and went deep cutting all spinal and brain connections, causing both to slump to the floor. Death was not immediate, but it would be certain.

Done, the teammates drew out their weapons, wiped them clean, sheathed them and then moved the bodies out of sight. Once done, they gestured to Martel who moved the rest of the team out into the corridor that circled the large spoon-like basin that was the Action VI's sensor array. The walkway extended around the entire circumference, passing under the large data and coolant conduits. Towards the center-line of the ship, two hallways extended deeper towards their goal.




:ooc: same attachment as above, just the whole team is now in the oval corridor between where you were and where the dead engineers were.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

Checking their perimeter again to make sure that they hadn't been seen or heard by anyone else Hammer checks the map on his wrist to get his bearings.

"Alright, lets go take down that reactor."

He pointed in the direction that they were heading and waited for Martel to give him the go before leading the team out again.
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

disench4nted

Haywire stayed with the droid and followed his brothers across the catwalk. He kept an eye out for the damaged coolant line that he had heard the engineers talking about as they moved.

Perception +11
Rolled 1d20+11 : 16 + 11, total 27

tomcat

Aug 28, 2014, 11:25 am #27 Last Edit: Aug 28, 2014, 11:37 am by tomcat
:ooc: So that the games don't bog down on the simple commands (i.e. waiting for Martel to order them forward), I am going to go ahead and assume that these orders would be given. I will also make other small assumptions in your formation as you progress (i.e. how you stack on doors, or how many stack up). For any reason, if there is something I say that you would NOT have done, let me know - I have no problem editing the story.




Martel gave a silent forward gesture and Hammer began to move - the team following in their respective order. Before moving out, Haywire connected a mag-charge to the leaky conduit in a discreet place. It had a radio trigger and should be able to activate if he tapped the detonator anywhere within the Action VI. The Demotech knew it would be useful at need - who knows when an explosion might serve?

They moved around the oval gangway that wrapped the sensor array and came to two doors. Hammer stacked on the first with Martel and Mitts, while Longshot and Haywire took position on the other. They gave a quick look and saw that both passages entered a mechanical control room. The schematics of the Action VI had said that this was the primary chamber that serviced the ship's cargo bay environment, lower repulsors, and its landing claws. In the center of the machine consoles, hydraulics, and power generators was a pass through lift. The circular man-lift allowed access through to the next area beyond, but also rose into a round tube in the deck's ceiling.

The distinct thing about the Action VI was its tremendous cargo space that stretched up through three deck levels. Each level was environmentally sealed so as to allow them to be vacuumed. This saved ship energy and allowed it to be allocated to other systems. Only if a cargo needed to have a livable environment, such as livestock, was a deck made so. Otherwise the man lifts - and there were two, one fore and aft - traversed up through these decks in a safe tube. Each level had exits, but all were protected by simple environmental shields.

Other than a mech droid that rolled around on its three legs, the next chamber looked empty.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

 :ooc:My only suggestion is that if we're going to split our team, even between 2 entrances to the same room, that it would be best to have Hammer in one group and Martel in the other.  That would maintain better control and also make it less likely that we'd both be pinned down or killed at the same time.

Hammer peered into the huge cargo bay looking for anything that might give them away.  He thought it unlikely that the droid would have enough processing power to recognize them as a threat, or to even do a threat assessment. He waves his team to follow as he lead the way across the bay toward the doors on the other side where he expects their path would lead to the lower level of the reactor core.
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

deadpool

 :ooc:Just checking in. Not much for Mitts to do right now, but I wanted to let you know I'm here.