• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:01 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Cavern engagement - Round 7

Started by tomcat, Sep 12, 2012, 06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: sorry for the delay in posting. I was down in Maryland for the 150th Anniversary of the battle of Antietam. By delaying however I can now take down the Captain with a succesful hit.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug, spending a Destiny point is free action, so can I spend two? one for an auto hit and one to get three force points? I am thinking no matter what I am going to need some FPs to help block with my horrible reflex. If I can I autohit that fool. If not I'll spend 1 DP for the force points and make an attack. I'll make the roll now and then add the narrative when I get your ruling and see what happens.

Rolled 1d20+8 : 1 + 8, total 9
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

yeah thats about right. Lady luck moved on to greener pastures.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: There is no hard limit that I can see for the number of DP you can spend in a round, so I will reduce your DP by 1 and add 3 force points. Did you also want to get the auto-crit with another DP use?  :csu:
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: Okay... I feel shitty doing this, and if you kick and scream that it was unfair because I prompted it with a question, then I may reverse the cost of the action... but, as I stated a few posts up, I am going to counter DP auto-crits with DP negates - at least until one side or the other runs out of DP's.

I did this to Matt in the last round, so, I don't feel like I am treating any PC unfairly and only the two big bad guys have DP's available to them. So, BG captain spends a DP to negate Farok's auto-crit.  :csu:

If this makes you mad, Tom, let me know. It is not my intent to play against your PC's, and I know DP's can be a hot commodity, but again... I do not want to put together strong opponents only to have them laid waste by a series of DP criticals... not without protection.

Bad guys go:

BG soldier
MOVE - moves towards fleeing skiff
MOVE - Jump on skiff (opposed to Pilot rol above)
:00: DC 23 Jump +7
Rolled 1d20+7 : 2 + 7, total 9

will include a FP - strong in the Force d8 1d8 : 4, total 4

SWIFT - takes a Second Wind (+14 to hit points)

I have to go for now to pick up my daughter, but I will be back in a bit to finish the actions for Shade and the BG captain.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: And the BG soldier just took a header off of the cliff and disappears into the gorge below...  ':}

Telcontar

:ooc:Doug, nope no problem read your post and I was expecting you to do so. I have placed William Pitt in charge of DP finances and his strategy is out spend the french errr Bando Gora, to victory. Thats why I asked if I could spend two. one to autocrit, forcing his one to counter and then one to get three force points to use to survive another round and do the same thing. You wanna play game mechanics lets dance =)
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 20, 2012, 02:55 PM:ooc: You wanna play game mechanics lets dance =)

:ooc:  (-D Fantastic!

We continue with bad guys...

Shade
SWIFT - Second Wind (restores 23 hit points)
MOVE - crosses landing pad towards skiff
STANDARD -

I have to give this some more thought and I keep closing my eyes, so in the morning we shall continue.

tomcat

:ooc: What happened to your post, Shawn?

Just a note - to reduce the typing I do, I am going to just put damage in front of the damage roll. You guys will know that it only applies if the attack hits.

Okay, on with the game...

Shade's actions (some copied from above)
SWIFT - Second Wind (restores 23 hit points)
MOVE - crosses landing pad towards skiff
STANDARD - Use the Force [Force Slam] - includes a FP t increase damage
:00: DC by PC Use the Force +13
must overcome Fort 1d20+13 : 20 + 13, total 33

dmg if successful 6d6 : 3, 3, 3, 4, 1, 5, total 19

*Targets are Caden 20, Kaida 20, and skiff 22 - if Fort overcome, take damage and knock prone, if not, take 1/2 damage and not knocked prone

BG captain
SWIFT - Second Wind (restores 25 hit points)
STANDARD - attack Farok
:00: DC 16 Melee Bando Gora Captain's staff +11 (2d6+7) with both hands,CT -2
Rolled 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22

damage 2d6+7 : 4, 4 + 7, total 15

tomcat

:ooc: Damn! Another critical roll! These bad guys pull them out when they can be REALLY evil!  >:D

Okay, all three are affected by the Force Slam:

Caden takes damage of 38, total of 38/53, CT -1

Kaida takes damage of 38, total of 59/55. The damage overcomes her threshold and this is an auto-kill. Let me know if you want to use a DP to negate the attack, Jared (same with you Shawn), and thus survive.

Skiff takes damage of 33 (DR 5), total 33/60, CT -1 (this part of the attack cannot be negated by a DP)

Farok is hit for 15 damage, but he gets to try and Block (below)

Farok reaction
REACTION - block
:00: DC 22 Use the Force +10
Rolled 1d20+10 : 7 + 10, total 17

tomcat

Sep 22, 2012, 07:20 AM #27 Last Edit: Sep 22, 2012, 07:22 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Let me know if you wanna use a FP, Tom and roll it. I will adjust based on result.

Otherwise, Farok takes 15 damage, for total of 59/72

Lastly, per the Errata:

p. 96 – Using Force Powers
Change the second method under Regaining Force Powers to say the following "–If you roll a natural 20 on a
Use the Force check to activate a Force power, you regain all spent Force powers at the end of your turn."

Shade gets back ALL of his Force Powers.

Jingo

Sep 22, 2012, 06:13 PM #28 Last Edit: Sep 22, 2012, 06:17 PM by Jingo
Quote from: tomcat on Sep 22, 2012, 07:19 AM
... Kaida takes damage of 38, total of 59/55. The damage overcomes her threshold and this is an auto-kill. Let me know if you want to use a DP to negate the attack, Jared (same with you Shawn), and thus survive.

:ooc: Gee let me think about this... insta kill and I still have a way to avoid? :roll: yeah, I think I'll use a destiny point. Well, I'm down to 3 DP now... not sure how many the rest of our party has, but I think all of us are going to have to just pummel this guy with our Destiny Points until he runs out countering. There's 3 of us. 1 of him (okay 2 with el capitan). I think/hope Shade will run out and we'll have more DP left over to nail him.

tomcat

Quote from: Jingo on Sep 22, 2012, 06:13 PM :ooc: Gee let me think about this... insta kill and I still have a way to avoid? :roll: yeah, I think I'll use a destiny point.

:ooc: Good choice!  ;)

Yea, 3 left, but still plenty.  :csu: