• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:25 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Cavern engagement - Round 7

Started by tomcat, Sep 12, 2012, 06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Sep 12, 2012, 06:26 PM Last Edit: Sep 14, 2012, 07:11 PM by tomcat
Music to read and post to!

Situation: Shade and his Bando Gora make their final assaut in the cavern.

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • Darkness - PC's suffer a -5 to Perception checks and a -2 to combat unless equipped with low-light gear
  • Anyone who has LOS to Kaida gets +1 To Hit this entire encounter due to Born Leader talent

BIT - 39/75
Brim - DEAD
Caden - 2/53
Farok - 44/72
Fett - 18/87
Kaida - 21/55
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shade - 15/93
BG soldier 1 - 29/59
BG soldier 2 - DEAD
BG sniper 1 - DEAD
BG sniper 2 - DEAD
BG captain - 90/102

Consumption:

PCPrimary  |  Secondary  |  Weapon 3  |  Misc
BITsniper blaster rifle 9/30  |  hvy blaster pistol 3/200  |  jetpack 5/10
Cadenblaster carbine 36/50  |  hvy blaster pistol 5/200  | 
Faroklightsaber n/a  |  blaster pistol 0/100
Kaida*blaster carbine 13/150  |  lt repeat blaster 0/150  | 
Fett*blaster carbine 43/150  |  flamethrower 0/5  |  missiles 1/4  |  jet pack 2/10
*not all weapons listed
-amunition is either power packs (50 shots each), or energy cells (6 shots each) and are added together in your total - what is in the gun and the spare clips you have

Equipment:
BIT - 285 credits, heavy blaster pistol, sniper blaster rifle w/ scope and bipod (SaV - must be aimed or take a -5 penalty to attack), shadowsuit, Arakyd Hush-About personal jetpack (5 fuel cells), sound sponge, utility belt, 5 power packs, long-range comlink, datapad, all-temperature cloak
Brim - hold-out blaster with 2 energy cells, lightsaber, 260 credits, datapad, long-range comlink, syntherope, 1 ion grenade
Caden -  heavy blaster pistol with 3 spare power packs, hold-out blaster, combat gloves, pocket scrambler, utility belt (3-day food supply, 3 medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), medical kit, all-temperature cloak, datapad, credit stick
Farok - lightsaber, baton, medpacs, back pack, 2 blaster pistols
Kaida - blaster carbine, heavy blaster pistol, hold-out blaster with spare energy cell, light repeating blaster with 2 spare power packs, 2 ion, shadowsuit and helmet, 2 concealed holsters, all-temperature cloak (unless armor makes it useless), basic datapad, binder cuffs, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, mesh tape, pocket scrambler, 5 ration packs, 2 computer spikes (+2), security kit, credit chip, field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 4-day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmospher canisters, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak)

Initiative:
Farok (+1) 21 (nat 20, auto first initiative)
Kaida (+11) 28
BIT (+12) 27
Fett (+11) 23
Caden (+5) 21
BG soldier (+10) 21
Shade (+14) 18
BG captain (+11) 13
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

:ooc: I'm assuming you're keeping track of our Destiny / Force Point expenditures? I have no idea how many FPs I have left. I think I have 6 DP left after the one I used last round.

Kaida heard and felt the angry hum, more than she saw the lightsaber, though the tell tale glow of red from the corner of her eye, did give some warning. Instinctively, she leaped towards the skiff. Time seemed to slow as she cleared the top, rolling into it with a thud, only just avoiding being cut in half by the arcing blade that spun above her, flashing out of sight.

Adrenaline, pumping, she scrambled into a kneeling position, behind the low wall of the skiff. She pulled her rifle up and took a hasty shot at the dark Jedi. Then letting the rifle hang by its sling she yanked at the controls to move the skiff away from the platform and out into the pelting rain ( :ooc: I think it was raining, right?). As she pulled hard at the controls, tilting the skiff, she screamed to Caden, "Come on! Jump! You can do it!"

She held out one gloved hand beckoning, grasping for him. He had to clear the gap!

:ooc:
Standard - Shoots at Shade.
Shoots: 1d20+7 : 20 + 7, total 27

Damage if Hits: 3d8+3 : 1, 5, 3 + 3, total 12

Swift - If skiff is not started, she'll use Swift to flick ignition switch/whatever. If already running, she'll do Inspire Haste on Farok.
Move - Pulls the skiff away from the platform. She'll try to position it in such a way so that Caden can more easily leap into it but will then twist it, spinning out farther--sort of corkskrewing--so that any others jumping on will have issues.
Here's a pilot roll if you need it.
Pilot: 1d20+11 : 12 + 11, total 23

She'll have to make another pass to pick up Farok in a bit.

Jingo

:ooc: Woot! Critical hit on Shade! Yessss!  ;D (arm pump)

Telcontar

:ooc: SWEET! So what effect does Inspire Haste have?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

Sep 13, 2012, 11:41 AM #4 Last Edit: Sep 13, 2012, 11:43 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: Jingo on Sep 12, 2012, 08:39 PM
Adrenaline pumping, she scrambled into a kneeling position, behind the low wall of the skiff. She pulled her rifle up and took a hasty shot at the dark Jedi. Then letting the rifle hang by its sling she yanked at the controls to move the skiff away from the platform and out into the pelting rain. As she pulled hard at the controls, tilting the skiff, she screamed to Caden, "Come on! Jump! You can do it!"

She held out one gloved hand beckoning, grasping for him. He had to clear the gap!

Caden saw the skiff start to pull away and knew he was running out of time, even before he heard Kaida's cry.
Fortunately, he had a good head of steam going already and was confident that he could make the leap - but he couldn't hold the rifle at the same time; he wouldn't be able to grab on to anything!

He flipped the carbine in his hands and held it like a griffball bat, and as he sprinted towards the skiff, he swung it with all his might at the soldier he passed on his right.
Caden heard a satisfying crunch ( :ooc: if successful) and let go of the rifle as he ran, taking two great strides before leaping toward Kaida and the skiff.

:00: Leap into skiff:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 13 + 4, total 17

:ooc: NOTE: The preceding actions were created with Lucas-esque cinematic drama in mind. If, rules-wise, Caden's better off using his Point-blank Shot feat and blasting the soldier as he goes by, I suppose I'd rather do that instead.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Sep 13, 2012, 01:14 PM #5 Last Edit: Sep 13, 2012, 01:18 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Kaida:ooc:  I'm assuming you're keeping track of our Destiny / Force Point expenditures? I have no idea how many FPs I have left. I think I have 6 DP left after the one I used last round.

:ooc: Hey Jared, yea I have been keeping track of them on the PC stat block thread. I show Kaida having only 4 left after this past round. Let me know if you know something I don't. And yes, it is raining out.

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 13, 2012, 03:47 AM:ooc: SWEET! So what effect does Inspire Haste have?

:ooc: Inspire Haste [as a Swift action, can inspire haste which allows target to make a Standard action for their Move action on their next turn - Core p.44]

Shawn I will let you know if anything needs changed and I will follow up with some more in a bit.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: If i spend a DP point I can get a critical hit on the Captain, but that is going to be a couple points shy of dropping him. TV time out. What the heck are we gonna do here and whats the plan?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

Keeping his shots somewhat random, BIT again fires upon the lightsaber-wielding menace.  With how quickly this was falling apart, BIT gave serious consideration to taking flight but his conscience and honor got the best of him and he stayed put.

RC on Shade - Roll(1d20)+12: 17,+12 Total:29
Damage: Roll(4d10)+4: 10,7,4,9,+4 Total:34
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: Tom, a DP will give you an auto-crit, which doubles your damage. But like BIT's, DP usage, I may counter DP you to negate your actions. It may come down to who has the most DP in the end.

Jared, Kaida hits Shade for 24 damage, total 39/93.

Matt - BIT hits Shade, but he can block the attack:

Shade tries to block  :csu:
REACTION - Block
:00: DC 29 Use the Force +13
Rolled 1d20+13 : 15 + 13, total 28

include a FP jic, best of two 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7

Okay, Shawn... about your actions. First let me explain what has happened. You jumped from the roof and ran first across the cavern, and then in pursuit of Kaida and the speeder. The BG soldier that had been stalking your position leaped out of the window and then ran after you, catching up to be adjacent to you in the last round (6).

SO, your narrative needs a slight tweak because you did not run up to and past the BG, he was chasing you - but I can change that when I consolidate our story. That said, you can leave your attack with the blaster the way you have it (STANDARD), but if you run to the skiff (MOVE) and leave the square you are in, you give the BG soldier a free Attack of Opportunity. Also, you will need to make a DC 9 Jump roll to make the skiff.

I suggest you activate Better Lucky than Dead this round (as a REACTION) and gain a +5 bonus to Reflex along with your +1 Dodge bonus and run like the wind. If you disagree with any of this, I will change it and re-do any/all rolls. So, here we go:

Caden's actions
REACTION - activate Better Lucky than Dead (+5 bonus to REF def); Dodge also activated for +1 bonus to REF def.
SWIFT - flips blaster rifle to bat position
STANDARD - hits BG soldier
:00: DC 19 Melee simple (club) +5 (1d6+4)
Rolled 1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20

dmg if successful 1d6+4 : 6 + 4, total 10

MOVE - move and jump (result of 17 from your post is a success)

BG soldier get AoO
FREE - strikes Caden with force pike
:00: DC 28 Melee force pike +10 (3d8+7) with both hands
Rolled 1d20+10 : 9 + 10, total 19

dmg if successful 3d8+7 : 7, 5, 5 + 7, total 24

Fett's actions
SWIFT x2 - aim, Hunter's Mark if attack successful will reduce Shade -1 on the CT
STANDARD - fires on Shade
:00: DC 25 Ranged blaster carbine +9 (4d8+6) with Point blank shot and Rapid shot, +5 Familiar Foe
Rolled 1d20+14 : 9 + 14, total 23

dmg if successful 4d8+6 : 5, 2, 3, 1 + 6, total 17

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, that should have been a deflect - not a block - for Shade, but with his Force Point he is successful and takes no damage.

Fett will use a FP to tip the scale in his favor:
best of two 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11

Caden hits with a 20, but the BG soldier can try to Block it:

Bando Gora
REACTION - Block
:00: DC 20 Use the Force +17
Rolled 1d20+17 : 15 + 17, total 32

tomcat

:ooc: The Bando Gora blocks Caden.

Shade will attempt to Deflect Fett:
REACTION - Block
:00: DC 29 Use the Force +13, MAP -5
Rolled 1d20+8 : 12 + 8, total 20

tomcat

Sep 14, 2012, 08:06 PM #11 Last Edit: Sep 14, 2012, 08:47 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Okay, to re-summarize because I am dozing here and I am not sure what the hell the results are doing!  |)

From the top of the Init order:

Farok - still waitng on actions
Kaida - critical hit on Shade for 24 damage, total 39/93 and -1 on CT
BIT - hit Shade, but Shade deflected
Fett - hit Shade, did not deflect, takes 17 damage, total 56/96 and auto -1 on CT, to -2 CT
Caden - hit BG soldier, but he blocked; made Jump onto skiff
BG soldier - took his free AoO, but missed; now I need to roll his normal actions
Shade - need to roll his actions
BG captain - need to roll his actions

I need Tom to tell me what Farok wants to do before I roll the enemy rolls.

sdrotar

:ooc: Tomcat, all that works for me. Caden would like to use his Quick-draw feat as a free action and pull his heavy blaster pistol ASAP.

tomcat

:ooc: Cool, Shawn... done.

I think that Tom wants to do a pow-wow with you guys, as to what the plan is but it appears to me to be a full-scale retreat. I will keep an eye out for your conversation, but if nothing happens before too long, I will advance the round.

sdrotar

:ooc: For what it's worth, I was thinking that shooting from a mobile platform might not be a bad idea - Caden (not now, fortunately, but in max HP) is the least durable guy we have. No reason to run, IMHO - this is what we're here for, and there's no turning back now. Getting out fast afterwards isn't a bad plan, though. ;)