• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 02:13 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Earthen Ramparts

Started by tomcat, Nov 30, 2011, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: LOL! Damn! I was thinking as I posted this, Fett needs a nat 20 so he could literally go up and kiss the Dug commander without him knowing he was there... and BOOM! Of course, Tom will never let me live this one down.

Anyway, with a NAT 20, Fett has absolute success in moving to his position unseen.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: WOW NPC made his roll... those are game master characters aren't they..... My death trench comment was not a criticism of the game, just a response to the picture and terrain.

Farok stretched a bit and looked around at the group. "Okay so what's the game plan? They didn't attack us in the night so that means they don't have enough people, they don't know what's going on or we are going to get ambushed again.  The distance we have to cover over this terrain is not the best either. I'm getting kind of pissed at these guys taking shots at me and not feeding the local fauna. We have to get closer and we have to do it fast. Can we double up on the speeders and shuttle everyone to a closer spot under darkness and 'sneak' in?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

Dec 11, 2011, 11:08 PM #47 Last Edit: Dec 11, 2011, 11:11 PM by Jingo
Kaida considered. Getting closer faster using the bikes had its advantages. "We could do that," she spoke as they gathered up their gear and began walking. "It's not a bad idea, but then they'd know we were making a move with the engine noise. I think it'd be best to move quickly and quietly on foot for now, pushing the bikes as we go, until we can get a clearer picture with what we're up against. Then we can best decide how to use the bikes in an actual attack. Brim and I can move quietly ahead of the rest of the team and the bikes by a few meters, to get a visual any threats and maintain stealth and some sense of surprise. We can formulate the rest of the plan on the fly. Objections?"

Kaida grimaced at her own comment as she pulled on her helmet and activated her suit. Most plans fell to pieces anyway once the fighting started, so it was best to remain flexible and not plan things too rigidly, but still... she didn't like not knowing what was out there. She felt like they were walking into the jaws of a bantha.

"Everyone check your comms." She called in on the team's frequency. Hopefully Fett would respond if he were able and coordinate his actions. He was a wildcard and she didn't think she could trust him.

:ooc: Kaida a soldier type? Hah! That made me laugh. lvl 5 noble, lvl 1 soldier, lvl 1 scout...  :shh: Anyway, I was thinking of having her and Brim move ahead by like 50 meters, with everyone moving stealthily.

tomcat

Quote from: Jingo on Dec 11, 2011, 11:08 PM :ooc: Kaida a soldier type? Hah! That made me laugh. lvl 5 noble, lvl 1 soldier, lvl 1 scout...  :shh: Anyway, I was thinking of having her and Brim move ahead by like 50 meters, with everyone moving stealthily.

:ooc: It is her command ability that sets her apart from the others and make her more of a soldier. Yes, she has little training in fighting, but plenty of ability in command and that is why I included her. Caden is captain of the Aegis but offers little in the way of command, even within his own ship - that is not a put down of the character, in fact I think the character is being played perfectly as a guy that just is laid back. Caden doesn't need or want all the hassles he's found himself in. Kaida on the other hand is taking charge, which I believe is what every Soldier wants to see - especially when there is strength in the leadership and a willingness to lead from the front. That makes her one helluva soldier, as far as I am concerned.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Dec 12, 2011, 11:02 AM #49 Last Edit: Dec 12, 2011, 11:05 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat on Dec 12, 2011, 09:18 AM
Quote from: Jingo on Dec 11, 2011, 11:08 PM :ooc: Kaida a soldier type? Hah! That made me laugh. lvl 5 noble, lvl 1 soldier, lvl 1 scout...  :shh: Anyway, I was thinking of having her and Brim move ahead by like 50 meters, with everyone moving stealthily.

:ooc: Caden is captain of the Aegis but offers little in the way of command, even within his own ship - that is not a put down of the character, in fact I think the character is being played perfectly as a guy that just is laid back. Caden doesn't need or want all the hassles he's found himself in.

:ooc: Yup. He started out as a simple freight-ship owner/captain, headed to Bakura to do an old friend a favor (and make a little cash on the side), and - BAM! He doesn't have a dog in this race, save that he'd like to be cleared, and let his murdered friends rest a little easier. He has no love for the Empire, though, and he's awfully defensive about his ship - which makes sense, because it's literally his home and everything he has in the universe. He's slowly growing, though, and will continue to... as long as he's not lunch for a tiger on steroids.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

sdrotar

Quote from: Telcontar on Dec 11, 2011, 06:27 PM
"I'm getting kind of pissed at these guys taking shots at me and not feeding the local fauna. We have to get closer and we have to do it fast. "

"Here's to that, brother," Caden added. "Getting shot at, I can handle. Becoming dinner? Not so much."

tomcat

Dec 12, 2011, 03:54 PM #51 Last Edit: Dec 12, 2011, 03:57 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Okay... based on little commentary, looks like Kaida's decision is what the team is doing. I am going to roll Stealth rolls for you guys. The worst roll will set the precedent for both groups (Kaida and Brim / Caden, Farok & Logar). Enemy Perception checks to see you will be against that number modified by Range and Terrain - all of the mods will be shown below.

Second, the Enemy will receive three opportunities to see you at three range points. If they see you and attack, you guys can go into combat actions, otherwise I am going to assume a stealthy approach until you can see the tower and be in range to attack.

Sam is still in the blind and I will assume he will overwatch until the team is past him and at some position that Don tells me.

:00: Team Steath checks:
Brim
stealth +7 1d20+7 : 11 + 7, total 18

Caden
stealth +5 1d20+5 : 18 + 5, total 23

Farok
stealth +1 1d20+1 : 4 + 1, total 5

Kaida
stealth +21 1d20+21 : 14 + 21, total 35

Logar
stealth +6 1d20+6 : 9 + 6, total 15

tomcat

:ooc: All right, here is the deal... I rerolled the dice. You guys got two natural 1's and other sucky results. Bottom line, I am tired of the dice falling against the PC's, so I did some divine GM intervention. Farok scored 15 originally, so that is what I am giving him.

A click came through in reply to Kaida's comm check and she assumed it had to be Fett. Where he was and what he was doing was an absolute mystery, and so she wondered what help he would be.

The company began to move up the valley, skirting the south wall, as they did. They were careful, quiet, and very alert to their surroundings. Ahead of their friends, Kaida and Brim blended into the foliage and scouted the advance. Caden and Farok followed on, pulling the speeder bikes while Logar took point. The soldier whispered as he walked, low on his haunches. Caden occasionally heard the word Katherine and wondered at his companion's sanity.

The lenght of the valley slowly passed.

In his blind, Sam sat quietly. He knew his friends were passing his position below and he kept overwatch of their advance.

tomcat

:ooc: Based on our map attached below, and the three Opp points where the snipers attempt to see the PC's advance, here are the three Perception checks:

Gran snipers
:00: DC group1 18/group2 15 Perception +3, Concealment -5, range -10/-5/-0
Anywhere within Oppurtunity area 1
vs group1 1d20-12 : 20 - 12, total 8

vs group2 1d20-12 : 10 - 12, total -2

Anywhere within Oppurtunity area 2
vs group1 1d20-7 : 15 - 7, total 8

vs group2 1d20-7 : 6 - 7, total -1

Anywhere within Oppurtunity area 3
vs group1 1d20-2 : 8 - 2, total 6

vs group2 1d20-2 : 12 - 2, total 10

tomcat

Dec 12, 2011, 04:41 PM #54 Last Edit: Dec 12, 2011, 04:45 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Nice! Big difference in the results when you guys are moving with stealth, increases that DC above the standard 5 for Medium creatures. Okay... you guys can let me know where, but the team can be in any position on the map before the red line. Sam may also have joined you guys.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: I vote we move in on the watchtower, assuming we don't see the sniper blind

Jingo

:ooc: I agree Logar.

Kaida led the team forward through the trees, she and Brim, moved ahead of the group, using the foliage to cover their approach to the tower.

She halted the group still in the treeline and whispered into the comm, surveying the scene. "If we want intel on these guys and their operation, this tower's probably a good place to start. Sam, do you have a visual on the roof from where you are? Do your scanners pick up any signs of life?"

Telcontar

:ooc: question: is it still dark? are the guards using natural vision or electronically enhanced vision?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

Quote from: Callowmoryne on Dec 12, 2011, 06:22 PM
:ooc: I vote we move in on the watchtower, assuming we don't see the sniper blind

:ooc: Makes sense to me.

Caden had his blaster drawn - like he had every single second since they encountered the hungry Nexu - and peered off to the tower.
"Good plan. But that tower's pretty obvious; it might not be the only choke point in the area."

He received slow, confused looks from Kaida and Logar - apparently they didn't think much of his... military expertise.
He put his arms out and shrugged.
"What?"

donimator

When the group had moved by, Sam remained for a moment to make sure nothing was coming up behind, flanking them somehow. If satisfied, he climbed down and began to move up with them, watching the rear.