• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 05:03 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Snipers on high - round 7

Started by tomcat, Nov 25, 2011, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Are we in range to fire this round doug or gotta wait till nxt round? sorry i havent been around much. Skyrim is eating away at my excistence :) Now that ive slain the great dragon Alduin the world-eater and saved a bunch of helpless Nords from a gruesome end, i should have more free time

Jingo

Kaida pressed the accelerator as she sped through the trees toward where she supposed the team was engaged in the fight. She called to Logar over the comm, "Watch out! I think we're coming up on them. Stay with me!" she broke off, as she burst from the trees, seeing her companions engaged with more of the jungle beasts. She honed in on one of them and fired the bike's blasters as she zoomed past, gunning the engines as she did so to hopefully scare away the beasts.

:ooc:
Standard - Shoots. I guess this is just my BAB roll, right? Here's my attack with just BAB (no stat mod) adjust as needed.
Shooting Bike Blasters 1d20+4 : 16 + 4, total 20
-- this is prob at -4 for shooting into melee though?
Move - Moves bike at around the perimeter of fight Top and Left and lines up for another attack.
Swift - None. Note that anyone within her LOS gets +1 to attack bonus from previous activation of her talent.

tomcat

Quote from: Callowmoryne on Nov 29, 2011, 04:32 PM:ooc: Are we in range to fire this round doug or gotta wait till nxt round? sorry i havent been around much. Skyrim is eating away at my excistence :) Now that ive slain the great dragon Alduin the world-eater and saved a bunch of helpless Nords from a gruesome end, i should have more free time

:ooc:  (-D That is cool, John, and I understand where you are coming from. I personally have been immersed in Batman: Arkham City and BF3 when I get the chance. Along with that throw in a 6 month old daughter that is very needy and you can see how my time is eaten up. Anyway, you guys are definitely within range. I have attached the map on this thread.

Jared (and John), remember, if you decide to fire the laser cannons on the speeders, you need to have the Heavy Weapons skill. Otherwise it will be a -5 to attack. This will be on top of the other point you brought up, Jared, that you need Precise shot to fire into melee or suffer an additional -5 penalty.

So, for Kaida's attack, it would be: BAB +4, Dex mod +3, No Hvy Weap proficiency -5, firing into melee -5, foliage -1. With a 16-4 roll, it is a 12, which is a fail, unless you fire the cannons on Autofire, but then you would be taking an additional -5 penalty for autofire. Because the result is less than even a DC 10, you would miss even with the Autofire. A 19 would hit, or a NAT 20.

I will allow you to redo your actions if you want for this round (i.e. dismounting from the bikes).
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

:ooc:That's ok. She's hoping to scare the beasts more than shoot them (though actually hitting them is certainly a bonus).  ;D I'll let it stand as is this round.

Callowmoryne

Logar cringed as Kaida fired into the melee. With his luck hed no doubt hit his target and anyone else nearbye. He made his decision in a split second and killed the bikes engines and dismounted.

:ooc: Ill just attack next round doug if theres anything that needs killin. How is batman btw? that may be going on my X-mas list.

sdrotar

Caden fell back, wounded again. He hoped that his companions would reach him time...

:ooc: Is there a full-round action I can spend to keep myself from becoming lunch somehow? With his fatigue penalties and the mounting injuries (and his crummy Initiative), it seems like Caden needs to go completely defensive for a bit here...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: You are not going to need to worry about it, Shawn. The Nexu are hungry, and animals, but they are not self-sacrificing. Check out the new thread...
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]