• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:17 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Earthen Ramparts

Started by tomcat, Nov 30, 2011, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Dec 03, 2011, 08:29 PM #15 Last Edit: Dec 03, 2011, 08:31 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Equipment:
Brim - hold-out blaster with 2 energy cells, lightsaber, 1 frag, 2 medpacs
Caden -  heavy blaster pistol with 3 spare power packs, hold-out blaster, 2 frag grenades, combat gloves, pocket scrambler, utility belt (3-day food supply, 3 medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), medical kit, all-temperature cloak, datapad, credit stick
Farok - lightsaber, baton, 2 medpacs, back pack, 2 blaster pistols
Kaida - blaster carbine, heavy blaster pistol, hold-out blaster with spare energy cell, light repeating blaster with 2 spare power packs, 3 frags, shadowsuit and helmet, 2 concealed holsters, all-temperature cloak (unless armor makes it useless), basic datapad, binder cuffs, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, 1 medpacs, mesh tape, pocket scrambler, 5 ration packs, 2 computer spikes (+2), security kit, credit chip
Logar - blaster rifle, DH-23 "Outback" blaster pistol, heavy blaster pistol, 8 frags, vibrobayonet 3 spare energy cells, modified clone trooper armor (+6 armor, +2 Fortitude, helmet package), field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 7 day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmosphere canisters, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak), 2 medpacs
Sam - blaster pistol with 2 spare power packs, slugthrower rifle with 2 spare rifle clips with Targeting scope, 3 frags, hip holster, Satchel shoulder, 2 medpacs

Kaida used 3 medpacs for healing the wounded - Caden, Farok, and Logar.  :csu:

With the night passing through, Sam will have been active for another 12 hours.  :csu:

As for the text narrative below, feel free to continue dialogue-ing while in the encampment. I just am preparing the text for when we move on.

The team conversed while wounds were tended, and camp was set. They ate a bit of food to keep up their stamina and then some laid back to sleep. The jungle became darker as the sun set and the sounds of the night creatures increased.

Trevulo made the decision. He knew that the speeder bikes had to have been compromised and their riders dead. No one answered his calls - not even his forward sniper position. Problem was, he did not know what was moving up the valley towards them, or what was their goal. Sometimes pirates and scoundrels found themselves in a bit of trouble when moving through the jungles of Malastare. They do not always know when they are trespassing until it is too late.

The Dug mercenary commander began to grit his teeth. Pugwis did not like to have to deal with these kind of things - that is why he hired others to do it for him. Trevulo spat. He picked up the microphone transmitter and called to his rear echelon, "Send me three sentries. They are going to take a walk up the valley and give them your comm headset."

The Gran mercenary soldier gruffly answered the Dug and then closed the connection.

Sam was receiving the multiple transmissions. He heard the same language spoken, but it was certainly by multiple species. The droid could discern how the words were enunciated by different types of tongues, mouths and throats. He knew that the Gran species was obviously present - there were two dead ones in the bog below - and the other voice had to be a Dug. Sam silently admonished himself for not having had the languages programmed into himself prior to landing. It would have been helpful. But... he was not a protocol droid!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

Sam listened to the chatter and finally realized he would get nothing from it. He continued to watch the approach. With no word from the sentries, he expected some company would come to investigate.

Posterboy

Brim hung in the background while his companions discussed the "team"'s next move. The Rodian stood with Caden... he was staking everything on this mission and the hope of their names being cleared.

Brim considered Farok's suggestion of ramming a speeper loaded with explosives. "I agree, the element of surprise will be a significant part of our assualt... but I wonder if the sound of the speeder might alert a sniper or two from the rampart's tower. That they might be able to disable the speeder prior to it's detonation."

Telcontar

"That is possible, but who would expect that the speeder would be loaded with explosives. I do possess some skill at moving unseen by electronic equipment, but actual eyes and ears are something else. So, what is our plan? Mass destruction, surgical strike, blaze of glory?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Fett's mechanical voice broke in, "The modified speeder missile will provide ample confusion and access through the rampart that has been built. The only thing I will say is that we must be careful with how much of our munitions we use - I do not want to be short once we reach the facility. To draw out our enemy, the attack needs to be very detrimental to their production." He paused, "But we also need to be ready to press through the attack. The longer we are held up along this valley, the more we give the Dug's a chance to fortify. I almost consider keeping both speeders active as they would give us the resource to transport people quickly - each speeder can carry two riders."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

The "missile" idea made sense to Caden, but at the same time, anything that could get him away from those Nexu fast sounded good to him. Come to think of it, so did not walking.
"Let's keep enough speeders for us to get around on," he suggested. "The ability to get in and out quickly is gonna be important."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

"The ship can come in and get us once the rampart is breached and the big booms do their thing."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Just so there is no confusion, the rampart is not near the facility. It is around the corner of this valley where the watchtower stood (see attached map). The Deathstick facility it still way down the valley and across a huge crevasse.

This is going to be a good adventure for PC's supply and endurance.

Posterboy

:ooc:Not that I'm trying to skip over your neatly laid plans, Doug, but can we not just climb/take the ship and fly out of this valley and travel around the ramparts, straight to facility? Or does the ship have any weapon systems? Can we send someone back to man the laser cannon while someone else flies the ship and just blast the rampart/tower/sniper blind away from high above? (I know, I know... too easy. Thought I'd ask... I gues I'm just wondering why we parked so far away?)

Telcontar

supply.... endurance... both things we dont have.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Dec 06, 2011, 06:10 PM #25 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2011, 06:34 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Posterboy on Dec 06, 2011, 04:48 PM:ooc:Not that I'm trying to skip over your neatly laid plans, Doug, but can we not just climb/take the ship and fly out of this valley and travel around the ramparts, straight to facility? Or does the ship have any weapon systems? Can we send someone back to man the laser cannon while someone else flies the ship and just blast the rampart/tower/sniper blind away from high above? (I know, I know... too easy. Thought I'd ask... I gues I'm just wondering why we parked so far away?)

:ooc: Hey Aryn, yea, you guys sure can. Only problem is there are anti-air batteries around the Deathstick facility, so the Aegis will take fire. You all can decide to go either way - I just prepared the engagement on foot because that will give more story and action for the PC's. The path is based on the one Jango Fett used to get within the facility to try and capture Sebolto. Boba knows the way due to his father's journals that he left behind.

The reason why you guys landed where you did was to not draw attention to the Aegis via Pugwis' air sensors around his facility. The idea was to move up the valley to blow the deathstick production. Stealth is being used, but it is not THAT important as the comm equipment in the jungle is sparse. They may let the next group know you are coming, but the main facility may not know - after all, they have no idea why you are here, except maybe as trespassers.

sdrotar

Quote from: Telcontar on Dec 06, 2011, 05:22 PM
supply.... endurance... both things we dont have.

:ooc: Caden, at least. He can't even walk straight so far. (-D
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

"Well, we don't have to decide just yet," she said to the others. "For now, get what rest you all can. We'll move out in a few hours while it's yet dark. It may be that with a little more recon a better solution will present itself. But for now, lets keep all options on the table." She stood and stretched. "I'm going to check our perimeter. I'll take first watch."

:ooc: Kaida will check to ensure their campsite is as hidden as possible. She'll use her shadow suit while on watch and will awaken whoever is next watch. Then she'll sleep. I suggest we awaken and move out early enough so we can move out and be able to arrive at the rampart while still under cover of darkness.

Posterboy

:ooc: Doug, thanks for the reply. Alrighty... endurance and supplies. Good times, good times.

Brim nodded at Kaida as she volunteered for first watch. "I'll take second watch."

Telcontar

Dec 07, 2011, 05:29 AM #29 Last Edit: Dec 07, 2011, 05:30 AM by Telcontar
Farok threw his cloak around himself and actually shivered in the jungle. He sat upon the floor upright with is legs tucked beneath him and threw the cowl over the top of his head and his muffled voice said, "Watches? Jedi do not do watches. We wait." A slight chuckle was heard and Farok spoke no more.

:ooc: Farok is going to Force Trance. DC10 UtF This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 6 + 10, total 16

EDIT: spelling.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear