• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 04:10 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Watchtower

Started by tomcat, Oct 15, 2011, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Quote from: Callowmoryne on Oct 22, 2011, 06:31 AM
"Frell!" Logar muttered under his breath. He motioned for Kaida to switch to a two way com. "Any idea what that was?" But Kaida was already shaking her pretty little head "No". Their had to be a way to use these coms to their advantage Logar thought. "Should we double back? Or relay the messege to the group? Maybe one of them speaks this tongue?"

The minute Kaida heard the incoming communication, she dove her bike into thicker foliage and motioned Logar to follow. Once they were hidden, she powered off the bikes, climbed off hers and crouched low among the foliage her eyes scanning in all directions, motioning Logar to follow.

"No idea," she finally said quietly. "But it's a sure bet we were either spotted by a sentry or the bikes are show up on a sensor net. Doubling back would just raise further suspicion. Radio back to the team with what we've found so far. I'm going to do some snooping. I'll be back in a few minutes." With that she disappeared among the plant life.

:ooc: She'll use the helmet package to get +2 perception bonus and do some scouting for a few minutes. Looking for any sentry/overlook positions/ or anything else out of the ordinary.
Perception 1d20+9 : 7 + 9, total 16

Stealth 1d20+11 : 4 + 11, total 15
(if applicable, apply a +5 bonus for her shadow suit -- if light is dim among deep jungle shadows?)

Callowmoryne

Logar watched Kaida disappear into the jungle. He knew she could handle herself, but those nexu had proved this place could be deadly. "Be carefull" He whispered to no one in particular. He shook his head wondering at his own sentiment. The old Logar, faced with images in his head of the young noblewoman being mauled by those beasts would have just stirred him to crass jokes like "Hot Lunch". He still smiled at the jest that never reached his lips. He shook his head agin to scatter the thoughts therein and got down to business. Logar Radioed Fett with a full report. 

Posterboy

Brim took the remaining blaster and power pack. Perhaps Logar will be able to find some use for it, he thought. Tossing in the grenades he had received from the human soldier, the Rodian waited for the twin "boom-boom" before moving in to ensure the site was secure. Brim hoped they weren't drawing unneeded attention to themselves with the blasts.

:ooc: I'm not sure Brim has anywhere to store this pistol, except in his hand... if that's the case, then he'll just leave it. If there is a way to store it on his belt or somewhere else, he'll take it.

Moving after the bounty hunter, Brim picked his way across the upper ridge. Coming to the choke point, the Rodian looked down at the valley below and considered the moss-covered rock-steps that would make for their descent. Moments like these brought Brim's father's voice to mind, If you only spent more time participating in the hunts, rather than all this tickering with droids...

Brim sighed inwardly as he tried to pick his way carefully down to the valley below. Just going to have to learn now...

:ooc: I'm uncertain how to include dice rolls in my post. I know I saw a tutorial for it somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it at the moment. Anyway, I rolled a d20 and got 7, +4 for my climb skill, = 11  #:S

tomcat

Kaida moved silently through the reeds and large ferns that surrounded the large lake - or maybe it was still a river that ran the length of the valley. She used the contoured land to keep below any line of sight, or fire. Kaida came to an embankment and laid down on her belly and crawled to the top. She scanned the distance of the valley with her eyes, both normally and electronically, but could see very little. There was an old watchtower at the end of the valley before it turned west. The structure was three-stories tall and looked very dillapidated. Still, it would make a perfect weapon emplacement. Kaida quickly relayed the information to Logar, via her helmet comlink, so that he could include it with his report.

Back with the speederbikes, Logar'Dan opened a channel to Fett. He relayed the information that they had so far gathered - that the valley ran straight for a good distance after the choke point; that there was still a threat of nexus within the valley having spotted a second den; and that there was a watchtower at the end of the valley's northern run. Logar also relayed the fact that someone had tried to contact them, but the language was unknown.

Fett replied, "Roger that... we are moving past the choke point at this time. Not sure what to tell you about the communication. I don't know what a Dug or a Gran speak either, so you'll need to make the call whether you want to try and answer. One thing is certain, they know you are here, either by seeing you, hearing you coming, or they have electronic surveillance."

:ooc: I need an Opposed Stealth roll from Logar and Kaida again, against the two Perception tests below. Your rolls must either meet or beat one or both challenge numbers. If one is missed, you are seen by that Perception test.

I have added the valley encounter map 1 below. It is big, and the squares are small, so I have used color coordinates to indicate where your PC is at the moment. The color code key is on the lower left end of the map. If you move, indicate the count you go by referring to the direction (T)op, (B)ottom, (L)eft, or (R)ight and the count (i.e. Fett moves T2;R4 - this tells me move up towards the Top of the map 2, then go Right 4). If you have questions, give me a shout.

Gran Snipers in blind 1 - these Gran watched the speeders go by and saw where they came to a halt, so are unaffected by foliage
:00: Perception +3

Rolled 1d20+3 : 6 + 3, total 9

Gran Snipers in blind 2
:00: Perception +3, Distance -10, Phys cover -5
Rolled 1d20-12 : 16 - 12, total 4

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Oct 23, 2011, 07:18 PM #34 Last Edit: Oct 23, 2011, 07:22 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Posterboy on Oct 23, 2011, 05:53 PM:ooc: I'm uncertain how to include dice rolls in my post. I know I saw a tutorial for it somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it at the moment. Anyway, I rolled a d20 and got 7, +4 for my climb skill, = 11  #:S

:ooc: Hey Aryn, you have two choices:

• You can choose the Dice Roller that is on the Menu Bar across the top of the Forum. It will open a Java window, so you may need to allow pop-ups. The roller is pretty self-explanatory, add the mod, click the dice to roll and you will get a result in the box on the right. You can select the result and cut/paste into your post. This is the easy way, but it does require player honor as the result can be easilty tampered with. I don't play Dice police here, so I leave it to all the players.
  • This option is within the posting screen itself and it is the little Dice icon above the post window. You click it and it will add the bbcode to roll the dice. Once you click post, the result is revealed in your new post. This is the roller I use as it creates a bit of unknowing, since the result isn't revealed until after you click. If the post is modified, the dice roll will announce tampering, even if you didn't mess with the results - it is just part of the php code. You can find the instructions you were asking about here: Dice Roller Instuctions

Brim has a hold-out blaster in a holster on his hip, but has no other storage option at the moment. He does not have a backpack to throw it in. I think that Farok was going to collect the weapons and power packs in the backpack that lay on the ground with the dead patrol.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Logars stealth check
Rolled 1d20+6 : 9 + 6, total 15

Posterboy

:ooc: Doug, thanks for that info. I had missed the "s" on pistols in Farok's post... Man, that desert-jedi is greedy!  ;)

Also, here is a test to see if I understand this dice rolling business:

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Brim's climb check: 1d20+4 : 9 + 4, total 13

Yeah! Got it!  ;D

Telcontar

:ooc: Yes all the scavanged stuff went into the backpack.

Rolled 1d20+4 : 3 + 4, total 7
Climb roll
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

:ooc: again, one arm was a bad choice..... :'(
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: We'll have to look into getting Farok a cybernetic arm.

Going to roll Sam and Caden's climb tests:
Sam
:00: Climb +3

Caden
:00: Climb +4, CT -2
Rolled 1d20+2 : 2 + 2, total 4

Jingo

:ooc: Kadia's Stealth check
Rolled 1d20+11 : 8 + 11, total 19

(you can decide if/when the shadow suit bonus applies. I did not include it in this roll)

tomcat

Oct 24, 2011, 01:00 PM #41 Last Edit: Oct 24, 2011, 01:29 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Thanks, Jingo! I actually was all set for you since you had given me a Stealth check in your previous post, but I will use the better of the two.  ;)

Will update the game in an hour or so.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: oh man i cant wait to go all "rambo first blood" on this sniper position. Doug is there away to disable their coms using the units on the bikes?

donimator

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 24, 2011, 10:13 AM
Going to roll Sam and Caden's climb tests:
Sam
:00: Climb +3

Caden
:00: Climb +4, CT -2
Rolled 1d20+2 : 2 + 2, total 4

:ooc: Boo!  ;D
Sorry I've been AWOL for awhile. Almost back to normal.

tomcat

:ooc: No problem, Don.

Sorry everyone about no update last night - it will be happening soon. I had to hit the sheets early due to a Physical therapist appointment today at 8AM.