• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 10:25 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Watchtower

Started by tomcat, Oct 15, 2011, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Quote from: Telcontar on Oct 19, 2011, 04:38 AM
"We will be slower but quieter on foot. But perhaps sending two people out on the bikes to get a better idea of where we are and where we are going isnt a bad idea."

:ooc: Assuming it's Pilot skill...
Kaida nodded. "I'm willing to take a look. I'm familiar with bikes. My older brother raced them to relax and we were often out together. Sam, can you do anything to quiet the engines?"

Telcontar

Farok looked around again, "And tossing a couple of grenades in the cave isnt such a bad idea either."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: It would be a Pilot test to ride these bikes, but only for evasive maneuvers and some types of attacks. To actually ride the bikes does not require any kind of test.

As for making them quiet, it is a possibility that you could be sound dampeners on the bikes, but it will takes some time and it would have to be performed at the Aegis. You'd need tools and such, plus a machine shop to fabricate the muffler system. The Aegis, as an explorer-type craft, does have some of the needed equipment to do it... but, it will take time.

Nick, I am sorry that I have nothing to throw at you for the moment. Maybe you will get to work on a couple speeders soon...

Posterboy is down with the flu and will be joining us soon, but for now I will still be operating Brim.

Last of all, there is a comlink on both bikes for communicating with a base.

Fett looked at Kaida and then the bikes, "It wouldn't hurt doing some forward reconnaissance, but if you get cut off from us, we can offer little in the way of assistance." He pointed, "If I remember Jango's maps correctly, this valley turns north and keeps running until we will get to a small fortification that protects an armored door. I think that between here and there is a watchtower. Who knows if it is still occupied?"

Where Fett pointed, the valley made a left hook to the north. The terrain graded down in a series of small steppes. Large rocks littered the area, but water from the soggy swamp rushed down the steppes in a number of small rivulets and falls. If the valley had once been formed by a river, the hook would have been a choke point of large rapids.

"If we are to use these bikes and Kaida will be one of the riders, then I suggest that Logar accompanies her," said Brim. "That way she will have some good support if you are cut off from us."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

To Farok, Fett gave a nod, "Not a bad idea. Let's do it then and move on. Make up your minds about these bikes. If anything, they are a nice steal."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Kaida nodded. "I understand." She double-checked her weapons and her shadow armor and then straddled one of the bike fingered the controls. "I'll try to remain in contact. My goals is to just do some scouting. With some luck we'll have a better picture of what we'll be up against. Coming Logar?"

Once she saw Logar ( :ooc: or someone else if it's not him) hop on the other bike, she nodded to her companions, gunned the engines, and darted away north down the valley.

---

She felt the exhilaration of the ride and allowed herself a wide smile at she nudged the bike this way and that to zip around boulders and trees. But the feeling saddened her too. The last time she had done this was with Jalek, her brother. He taught her most of her piloting skills. She wondered if he were still alive. Or if he were languishing in some prison camp too. She checked her comm with Logar. "Lets be careful."

Telcontar

Farok pointed to a couple of grenades that Logar carried as he didnt have any of his own and motioned for him to toss him a couple.

"We'll flush out the cave and move up behind you."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Posterboy

:ooc: I'm assuming that Farok meant for Fett to toss in some grenades, or Caden? As Logar is on a speederbike? Or are we flushing out the cave prior to Kaida and Logar doing their recon? Regardless...

Brim moved to the side of the cave entrance, lightsaber in hand and ignited. As he waited for his companions to move into position, his large eyes blinked away the beads of sweat caused by the oppressive humidity. Feels like home, the Rodian thought to himself.

tomcat

:ooc: I will update the game in a couple hours, when I am home.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Logar went for a speeder ride.

tomcat

Quote from: Party InventoryCaden: combat gloves, heavy blaster pistol with 3 spare power packs, hold-out blaster, pocket scrambler, utility belt (3-day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), all-temperature cloak, credit stick, datapad, medical kit, 2 frag grenades (from Logar's stash)
Logar:  takin my weapons w/ 3 power packs, field kit, and 8 frags
Kaida: shadowsuit and helmet, all-temperature cloak (unless armor makes it useless), basic datapad, binder cuffs, blaster carbine, comlink, 2 concealed holsters, credit chip, 3 frags (from Logar's stash), heavy blaster pistol, hold-out blaster with spare energy cell, light repeating blaster with 2 spare power packs, liquid cable dispenser, 2 medpacs, mesh tape, pocket scrambler, 5 ration packs, 2 computer spikes (+2), security kit
Sam: blaster pistol with 2 spare power packs, hip holster, Satchel shoulder, slugthrower rifle with 2 spare rifle clips with Targeting scope, 3 frags (from Logar's stash)
Brim: hold-out blaster with 2 power packs, lightsaber, 1 frags (from Logar's stash)
Farok: lightsaber

:ooc: I will add the above quote whenever there are items used from inventory. The two grenades requested by Farok will come from the three that Brim procured from Logar before leaving the Aegis. He is left with one.

Kaida and Logar mounted the speeder bikes and before anything else, linked their helmet communicators to the bikes' frequency. Resting her feet on the foot pedals, Kaida hit the accelerator and took off - Logar'Dan close behind her.

They shot through the choke point of tumbled rocks and turned north along the valley line. The ground they flew over was a mixture of flat marsh with large mangrove trees sitting atop their knotted root systems above the water, or firm terrain that was cut into natural canals and depression by the constant changing pattern of water. They stayed low weaving between trees, rocks, and trenches as they made their way north.

As he raced by, Logar noticed on the eastern cliff not too far north from his companions position, another large cave that had a shelf of rock extending from its entrance. Upon the shelf lay another pride of nexu that watched the two speeder bikes soar past. One of the younger creatures hopped up at the appearance of the speeders thinking that it might be able to leap at the new prey, but speed and distance quickly changed its mind.

Kaida pulled back on her controls to increase her altitude to crest a large embankment of earth, which she quickly passed and came back down over a large lake of water. Reeds and mangroves grew about its edges and it was easily determined to not be deep even at her pace. A plume of water sprayed up behind hers and Logar's bikes.

There came a sudden crackle in both of their helmets from their comlinks, and then a voice spoke in a language that neither knew. "Ay esh koo-tu, Bayosh? Kish doo-ou-fu tal mai pa." [Ay, is that you, Bayosh? We haven't heard from you in a while. - for Player purpose only, and you need to know either Gran of Dug to understand]

Brim, Caden and Farok began to move to the rocky cliff wall that climbed up to the cave entrance. Behind them, Fett called, "Take care of the cave. I will scout ahead of the choke point."

The three each looked with suspicious glances back towards the bounty hunter, but were already committed to the climb. They scrambled up onto another shelf-like ledge that extended before the cave and became immediately aware of what had happened to the two speedbike pilots. The ruined remains of two Gran's were scattered about the ledge. Clothing and personal items had been ripped free from the bodies leaving only the flesh for the cat-like beasts to consume. This they had done quite vigorously for the forgotten parts and viscera still remained and were now dinner for swarms of black, flying insects. When the companions moved towards the cave entrance, the swarm of insects would rise off the remains, only to settle once more when no threat was realized.

They cautiously approached the dark hole, intently listening for any of the predators that may have not been part of the previous attack. The smell of rotting offal, dung, and urine were heavy in the humid air and were almost overwhelming. But the trio were able to overcome both nerves and the awful smells to make it to the cavern entrance. Brim and Farok's lightsabers gave off a gleaming light that cast about the cave revealing the den. Fur and vegetation were piled around the floor of the dank chamber along with the skeletal remains of prior food. What could not be seen was anymore of the large creatures. Still, to be sure, Brim unattached two grenades from the three he had taken from Logar's supply and handed one to Caden. They both activated their weapon and tossed them deep into the cave, then all three ran from the entrance and back down the embankment of stone.

BOOM! ... BOOM!

The air above filled once more with countless winged creatures that took flight in fear from the noise. The pressure wave followed a second later casting dirt and pebbles over the companions. Sam, who had stayed below the ledge did an internal analysis of the weapons' effects and determined that if anything had still been in the cave, it would either be dead or badly maimed from the sound. There was little threat left in this corner of the jungle.

Telcontar

:ooc: Tomcat, before the boom can I check to see if any of the equipment is still good. weapons comlinks, anyhting like that.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Callowmoryne

"Frell!" Logar muttered under his breath. He motioned for Kaida to switch to a two way com. "Any idea what that was?" But Kaida was already shaking her pretty little head "No". Their had to be a way to use these coms to their advantage Logar thought. "Should we double back? Or relay the messege to the group? Maybe one of them speaks this tongue?"

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Oct 22, 2011, 05:55 AM:ooc: Tomcat, before the boom can I check to see if any of the equipment is still good. weapons comlinks, anyhting like that.

:ooc: Hey Tom, yea. That is not a problem - I assumed that you guys would want to do that. Amongst the refuse is a pair of blaster pistols with 1 extra power pack each; a backpack with unpreserved food and canteen - the food is native to Malastare and includes various fruits and nuts; on one of the torn belts is a digital security key card.

Telcontar

Farok slung the pack over his shoulder dropping the key card and the blaster pistols into it.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

With the cave secured, Farok, Caden, Sam and Brim began to follow after Boba Fett. They could see the bounty hunter already making his way through the rock tumble at the valley choke point. The companions kept to the higher ground to keep from having to slog through marsh.

They soon arrived where Fett had once stood and looked down the natural formed stairs that were made up of four steppes to the lower valley floor. Due to the pile of stone, the ground was firmer here, but unfortunately the rocks were coated in green moss algae that kept them slick. The companions would need to take care making their way down.

:ooc: I need a Climb DC 10 check, and feel free to give me any narrative/dialogue that you would like. John, I will advance your area once Kaida replies.