• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 12:56 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Nexus' attack - round 4

Started by tomcat, Oct 12, 2011, 08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: The team is set upon by three Nexu that have stealthily maneuvered in to attack

Situational Modifiers: All PC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.

Weariness CT:
Caden -2 to all actions
Brim -1 to all actions
Farok has suffered 28/72 damage

Nexu 1 is DEAD
Nexu 2 has suffered 44/45 damage and is -2 on the CT
Nexu 3 has suffered 30/45 damage and is -1 on the CT

Physical Modifiers: -1 to all PC's action rolls due to slick, muddy, or boggy ground and waist high foliage that can block view

Initiative:

Fett (+11) 30
Nexu 2 (+12) 27
Nexu 3 (+12) 22
Kaida (+11) 29
Sam (+11) 14
Caden (+3) 13
Logar (+11) 13
Brim (+6) 9
Farok (+1) 3

Logar's blaster fire tore along the side of the nexu's huge frame, leaving a burned scar with no hair. The creature cried out in its pain and staggered back. It's prey was before it but it was not the way the nexu had hoped it would be. Its simple mind could only relate in the simplest of ways - it should have been feasting on its kill instead of taking cruel, pain. Its natural desire to flee rose within it, and the nexu began to limp into the foliage in hopes of hiding itself.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Fett took aim once more and fired.

Fett's actions
Move - pushes through the terrain towards Farok
Standard - fires on N3
:00: DC 16 ranged w/ Point Blank and Rapid shot +9, firing into melee -5, phys mod -1
Rolled 1d20+3 : 18 + 3, total 21

damage if successful 4d8+6 : 3, 7, 2, 8 + 6, total 26
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Oct 12, 2011, 09:03 PM #2 Last Edit: Oct 12, 2011, 09:06 PM by tomcat
The large cat-like predator in front of Farok fell to the ground and lay still. A few feet away, Fett and his smoking blaster stood. The bounty hunter merely nodded at the former Jedi, then lowered his rifle.

The other nexu having suffered all it wanted to for this meal ran back into the jungle.

Telcontar

"I miss the desert already." Farok looked himself over to examine the extent of the damage. "We need to keep moving, someone may have heard that."

Prodding the dead beast in front of him with his foot Farok looked down on it. "I suppose we wont need your water on this planet."

Keeping his saber on this time he looked around and prepared to make his way further into the jungle.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

Kaida nodded, and let her gun hang by it's sling within easy reach. "Lead the way Fett."

sdrotar

Caden took a deep breath and hoped the third beast didn't return.
He could tell that Logar and Fett lived for this stuff, and that Farok had been through his share of scraps as well, but all Caden could think about was that it was wet and miserable and that everything was trying to eat him.

"Next time, I'll stay in the ship," he thought.

He tried not to show his trepidation as he spun his blaster and put it back into his holster.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Callowmoryne

:ooc: doug nexu 2 is down but still has one hit point? Logar will move in and slash it's throat with his bayonet if so, let me know if you need a roll. On my phone atm

tomcat

:ooc: Nah, no roll needed, John. I will add the narrative in my new post.

Sorry for the delay guys, I was working on getting Episode 2 consolidated and put into PDF form, and it is finally done. Now I just need to do Episode 4 and 5and I will be all caught up.

Jingo

:ooc: Before marching on, Kaida will also do a treat injury on those who need it most--assuming they want it.

Telcontar

:ooc: since i am bleeding like a stuck pig I submit myself to your care.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Quote from: Telcontar on Oct 15, 2011, 08:03 AM
:ooc: since i am bleeding like a stuck pig I submit myself to your care.

:ooc:
Treat injury roll on Farok. 1d20+14 : 7 + 14, total 21

tomcat

:ooc: Farok is restored 13 hit points to 31.

Telcontar

Farok nodded to the Princess in thanks. "I'm a creature of the sands, this jungle doesnt suit me."

He stood and ignited his lightsaber again. "The sooner this is done the better. Let's press on."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear