• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 11:32 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Watchtower

Started by tomcat, Oct 15, 2011, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: Ok in the spirit of trying to think out of the box while slogging around in the jungle being shot at by snipers and staulked by giant chesire grin cats....Can I use Move Object to use some sort of jungle debris as a shield in front of me?

Farok cursed when his commincator mentioned that there were more Nexus in the area, presumably moving towards him, again. Moving through the foilage Farok tried to sense his surroundings and locate them.

Rolled 1d20+10 : 8 + 10, total 18
UtF
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Posterboy

Oct 29, 2011, 07:29 AM #76 Last Edit: Oct 29, 2011, 07:32 AM by Posterboy
 :ooc:Can Brim use Deflect to bat away slugs/bullets, or does it just work against energy weapons? Also... can he even use Deflect, because he still doesn't know exactly where the shots are coming from, yes? So, Brim would be essentially flat-footed?

Anyway, if I can use Deflect, Brim will:

This dice roll has been tampered with!
UtF (Deflect) Check: 1d20+14 : 9 + 14, total 23

Looks like I'm taking damage  :'(

tomcat

:ooc: Yes, Aryn, I have no problem with the Deflect ability being used to defend against Bullet/Slugs. You can use a Force Point as a last ditch effort to avoid the damage. I am adjusting the sheet, but if you decide to use a FP, I will change it back and just adjust for the used point.  :csu:

Tom, yes, you could do that with that Force Power. It will cost your Standard Action each round to maintain the power and keep the 'shield' in front of you.

Okay, as for PC's actions:

Going to assume that everone continues to MOVE, but here is the breakdown:

Brim - reacts with Deflect (but is hit); going to let Aryn tell me what he does with the rest of this round (2)
Caden - will use TWO MOVE actions for 12 squares (based on Shawn's post of taking them out before they signal)
Farok - will use STANDARD action to enact Force Power (success - lifts a Medium-sized log and holds in front of him); will also MOVE for 6 squares
Kaida - see below
Logar - see below
Sam - will RUN as a FULL ROUND ACTION (based onDon's post of He moved as fast as possible) for 24 squares
Fett - flew as a FULL ROUND ACTION for 24 squares

Kaida and Logar are talking to each other, which means they need to get close. I will use MOVE actions to put them in close proximity to each other. They are also looking for the sniper nest, will use STANDARD action to make the following Perception rolls:

Kaida looks for Sniper blind 1
:00: DC 15 Perception +9, helmet +2, distance -5, foliage -5
Rolled 1d20+1 : 13 + 1, total 14

Logar looks for Sniper blind 1
:00: DC 15 Perception +10, helmet +2, distance -5, foliage -5
Rolled 1d20+2 : 5 + 2, total 7

I need Brim's other actions, and will be all done with round 2. I am going to start a new series combat sequence threads for the rest of this encounter.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: I moved Kaida and Logar close, but of course, they could be communicating via their helmets.

Kaida could have a success if she wants to use a FP. Let me know.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Caden heard Fett's words over his comlink; getting shot at was one thing - becoming someone's lunch was another entirely.
As he moved in cover, he kept his blaster at the ready for more monsters that might come out of the brush.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Posterboy

:ooc:I'll use a force point

Rolled 1d6+23 : 2 + 23, total 25

Posterboy

:ooc:Tie goes to the runner?  ;)

Brim continued to follow alongside of the Captain. His eyes stayed alert, trying to keep his bearings in the midst of the thick foilage.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Once Logar gets the go ahead from Kaida he is moving in on the sound of the shots doug.

Perception
Rolled 1d20+10 : 19 + 10, total 29

Stealth check
Rolled 1d20+6 : 7 + 6, total 13

tomcat

Oct 30, 2011, 10:12 AM #83 Last Edit: Oct 30, 2011, 10:21 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Okay, I adjusted Brim's character sheet and map is updated - it is in the new thread for round 3.  :csu:

Kaida just needs to tell me if she wants to use a FP to make the Perception check, otherwise this thread is done.

John, I will hold off on those actions you have posted - if Kaida uses a FP, she will know where the blind is and can point you to it, thus giving you an opportunity to make attack actions in round 3 instead of these - if you want too. Otherwise, they will be part of round three - which is getting its own thread now.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: ok no problem. Ill do different actions for round three so disregard that post.

Jingo

:ooc: If it's not too late, I'd like to use the force point. Sorry I don't usually post on Sundays.

tomcat

:ooc: Not a problem. Going into round 3, Kaida (and assuming she'll tell Logar) can see the shadowy shapes of the snipers in their blind in the mangrove tree.