• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 04:41 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Wind and Ridges

Started by Eclecticon, Oct 03, 2022, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

Continuing on, the elf is effortless in movement, ever consciously seeking to not repeat the mistake of earlier.

:ooc:
 :00:
Stealth -  1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 2, total 7

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: I'll burn a hope.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

Yeah hope for me too
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Arbogast: 3/3
Beorn: 2/3
Esgalwen: 3/3
Gwaithlim: 2/3
Hathcyn: 3/3 and :csu: for another AP in Movement - I'm thinking he'll tag Swift this time, though Wary works equally well. 

Failures: 2/[~3-5]
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: I'm going to roll for Beorn before I add in any more narrative - let's see how the tail end of the scene is going to play out:
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 6, 3, total 12

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

:ooc: Well - if he came here to die, he might have just met his goal. Unfortunately, he is going to take us with him.  ;)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Beorn and Gwaithlim pick their way across the slope.  Gently they go, each trying not to lose his nerve and break toward the safety offered by the overhang.  All of a sudden, Beorn's great foot finds a loose stone and he topples to the ground, his fall dislodging more scree.  Once again, all movement ceases save for the rattling of the stones as they careen down the mountainside. 

Then they hear what all have been dreading: a soft hissing of shifting snow, swiftly rising in volume as the malice of the Misty Mountains, hoarded these many centuries, is unleashed upon those foolish enough to tread their high reaches. 

"RUN!" Beorn calls, raising himself once again to his feet and throwing all caution to the wind. 

:ooc: SO!  It turns out I miscounted the failures and you're now only up to two, but that doesn't matter because Beorn's :~~: triggered a revelation episode, and I think there's only one way this can go now.  Everyone who's made it to the overhang is safe, but both Beorn and Gwaithlim have to make a TN 18 Athletics roll to outrun the oncoming avalanche. 

Beorn
:00: 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 4, 2, total 10

Gwaithlim
:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 3, total 4

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: The scene is about to end, but before it does, Gwaithlim has just pulled of a success that the rest of the company can only attribute to 'Elf-magic'.  This raises the Eye awareness by a point (be wary of showing your power, first among the Firstborn!) but probably looks pretty cool. 

Matt, care to tell us what Gwaithlim does?

Character sheet

tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Nov 08, 2022, 06:54 AM #85 Last Edit: Nov 10, 2022, 06:44 AM by GandalfOfBorg
Gwaithlim runs doggedly with the great bear over the shifting snow, ice, and rock in effort to get to safety.  The Beorning has a headstart and lumbers through the flotsam until he stumbles again losing his footing just shy of their goal.  Putting all his might into the effort and finding a firm purchase, Gwaithlim puts his shoulder into back of the great man, thrusting him into the sheltered area with the others, only to give up what time he had left as a last shelf of ice and snow gives way uphill of them and sweeps the elf down the hill without a cry.

As the others look on, Gwaithlim uses the nature of the flow and his natural grace to stay on top of the river of snow and rock down the hill out of sight.
Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

Gwaithlim uses Athletics and Fierce to manage his extraordinary effort.

:00:
Athletics -  1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8

Hope if necessary.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Eclecticon

:ooc: Okay, wait up a sec.  Gwaithlim can use his Skill of the Eldar to rescue Beorn - I don't have issue with that, but it'll leave him in the path of the avalanche and it'll take more than an Athletics roll to get away from that.  If you'd rolled another :G: I would've shaken my head and let him Legolas out of there, but that's not how it went.  Spending a Hope point for a basic success just reduces the damage he'll take by a bit.  He's in for 4d6 Endurance loss, and will automatically be Wounded. 

:00: 4d6 : 5, 6, 4, 3, total 18

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Alright, that's fine.
Gwaithlim Weapons