• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 03:35 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Wind and Ridges

Started by Eclecticon, Oct 03, 2022, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: You know what... this seems important and my dice suck. Lets burn a point of hope. Skill is favoured so thats a pass.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

:ooc:
Arbogast: 1/3
Beorn: 1/3
Esgalwen: 0/3
Gwaithlim: 0/3
Hathcyn: 1/3
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

The cold wind is fierce at this height and Esgalwen moves to the fore of the group. She touches Arbogast on the shoulder, which surprisingly causes the man to jump.

"I am sorry," smiled the woman, "I did not mean to cause you start. You have been leading now for a bit and the weariness is written across your face. Let me take up the lead for a while so that you can get rest for a bit - at least from the stress of this journey."

Arbogast gives a tired nod and moves back to the mid of the company, as Esgalwen begins to plot her path before them. She calls upon her years in the mountains and begins the task.

:ooc: I am not sure if I can tap into her Adventurous trait on this one to get an auto-success, but here is a roll.
TN 14 stealth (f) 3d
:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 5, 4, total 14

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Esgalwen: 1/3 and :csu: for the Hope spend
Gwaithlim: 0/3

We're just waiting on Matt, then I'll add some narrative and we'll start the next round of rolls.

Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: I didn't spend a Hope point or did I miss something? Let me know.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

:ooc: Gaaah Tom spent it.  Fixed now.

Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: Thanks, Paul. I know you are busy so I wanted to make sure we were on the same page... and that I didn't go senile.  ;)

GandalfOfBorg

As with others of his kind, Gwaithlim springs lightly behind the rest making little more than a dent in the snow.

:00:
TN 14 Stealth -  1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 2, 1, total 4

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

And yet the elf manages to slipping and falling with a crash into the snow, thinking he had purchase on the wet rock but it actually being covered in ice.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

At the sharp sound of the Elf's fall, all the remaining companions freeze, not daring to breathe.  Only the wind stirs the snow, however, and by and by their hearts calm their fierce pounding.  As Gwaithlim picks himself gingerly up from the snow they continue on their way, though breaths come shorter and limbs are a-tremble.

Esgalwen: 1/3 and :csu: for the Hope spend
Gwaithlim: 1/3

Failures: 1/[~3-5] including another :~~:

Rolling now for Arbogast and Beorn:
Arbogast
:00: 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10

Beorn
:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 1, 1, total 6

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Beneath the slumbering snows, the Fire-watcher carries on with a patient, measured tread until he is nearly brought undone by a patch of dark-hued ice, slick with new-melted water.  To his hands and knees he falls, heart hammering, but no cry does he give out and barely a rattle emerges from his pack.  Raising his head, he sees the shelter of an overhang close by and makes for it without bothering to rise fully.  Esgalwen can barely suppress a giggle at the undignified sight as her friend passes her without a backward glance, but she shares the relief plain on his face as he reaches the shelter and, as quietly as he may, collapses. 

:ooc: A Hope spend turns a failure into the final two successes Arbogast needs, so I'm going to do that.  Beorn gets his second success. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Esgalwen pushes forward in pursuit of Arbogast and the safety which the man has attained, though she maintains her caution along the way. The dangers are all to real to allow eagerness to cause errors.

TN 14 stealth (f) 3d
:00: 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 3d6 : 6, 3, 6, total 15

tomcat

Nov 04, 2022, 07:14 AM #72 Last Edit: Nov 04, 2022, 07:16 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Awesome! It is not pretty on the Feat die, but my skill dice come shining through. ;D I believe that sees her through.

Coming up to Arbogast, Esgalwen smiled and went to a knee. She reached to her side where her waterskin hung and took a long drink as she looked about their position.

"Always so beautiful to look upon, the white of the mountains. In my homeland they rise tall, but not near as high as these. Still, the beauty can diminish when you are confronting the dangers inherent here." The panoramic view that they were witness to was humbling, as they looked out across the breadth of the Anduin Vale and the deep darkness of Mirkwood below. "Yes, so beautiful..."

Esgalwen's thoughts and words faded off as she took another drink of water. Her body ached and the cold was penetrating through the furs cinched to her person - from feet to head - but still she was happy to be here; to see the view before them.

Telcontar

The Beorning powered through more through determination and natural weariness than skill as a mountaineer.

Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3

Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8

And makes for the overhang
Rolled 1d12 : 5, total 5

Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

:ooc: I'll give Tom a couple more hours to say whether Hathcyn's going to spend some Hope.  Without it, that's two more failures.

Character sheet