• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:05 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Dark pursuit

Started by tomcat, Sep 01, 2017, 04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: Give me a little time, Matt, and I will have that posted after dinner.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 09, 2017, 02:46 PM... I also have another thought. Were not some of your companions and allies reopening the Old Forest Road? Is there some haven where there we may rest a spell before pushing into the mountains?"
"At least one of the Dwarf-built forts still stands by the Road, but it has been sorely tested by fighting not more than two seasons ago, and I doubt that our friends from the Lonely Mountain have had time to begin repairs.  I would fain find some deep hole in the mountains and seal the creature in as best we may.  Though doing so may buy us but little time, as the longer-lived reckon it, it is apparent that the Werewolf will not be slain by force of arms alone, be we never so resolute nor fell-handed.  If we may have some months to consult the Wise, it may make all the difference." 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: Here is the map with location that you guys wanted.

The company is currently in the Elf Camp. I have also illustrated the two suggest paths that Orophal gave you.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: thats a long way to go with four endurance.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Well, you get back 3 END almost immediately. The rest will restore at a rate of 5 per prolonged rest in a sanctuary - or another secure location.

Go back to Woodmen Town for a few days. It's not like you need to leave at this moment.

I will count the Elf camp as a sanctuary for at least 1 night's rest.

Morirúsë was never actually wounded - he just gets run down quickly due to his Encumbrance and Endurance.

GandalfOfBorg

"There is always my people's outpost at Old Ford that could serve us for some time.  Staying at the Woodman villages would only serve to endanger them if the beast returns on the prowl for us," offered Grimbeorn.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

Morirúsë looked around the camp that had been quickly vacated by the Wood Elves.

"Companions, I say we spend the night here and partake of the food and wine the Wood Elves left. Then if we decide to press on to the mountains I'll have rested and be ready to go. If you have no desire to head to the mountain liar I'll return to Woodman town or the Ford and head out on my own in two or three days."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

"We all have but one task at hand: destroy the beast.  Where we stay or how long we tarry will not change that fact.  I, for one, am ready to depart when the group is ready.  Take all their food and drink as you see fit, my distrust of it and them still lingers."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

At this Morirúsë threw back his head and laughed, despite his usual demeanor it was actually a pleasant sound and it was not mocking in the least to the Beorning.

"At long last son of Beorn, something we can agree on, I too am not overly fond of the Dark Elves. There is no dweomer upon this food and drink as they were not expecting guests and had no intentions of trapping or befuddling your senses. Let us take what we can carry for it will be a succor and aid to us in the woods, I shall at least take it with me if none others shall. Now, as for the lamps."

The Noldo elf inspected one of the lamps left by the Wood Elves and attempted to check the working of it. They were similar to the lamps of old that the Noldo had at the hands of Feanor, and he guessed at once that there craft came from Eregion, perhaps Ormal made them if he still tarried in the east of the world.

"If I can master the lighting of the lamps and the working of them I know that the Wood Elves can extinguish and light them at will. For by this they lure the unwary off of paths and away from their holdings. If I can do the same with these then we can lure the beast perhaps the same way."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Give me a Wisdom test TN 16, Tom.

I will post more tonight or in the AM.

Eclecticon

:ooc: Now this will be interesting...

Character sheet

Telcontar

Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6

Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

"Blasted Wood Elves! Give them the fashioning of a thing and they bend it beyond recognition. Such a contrary folk are the Sinda and the folk of Elu worst of all."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Dude, I thought your PC was tanked in Wisdom, too, but it's just Valour!

Cool.

I like how you did that though with your dialogue.  :tup:

I will let you know for post purposes - Morirúsë will figure it out. The failure will just mean it takes him some time as he tinkers with the lamps. He might say Elbereth!, or sing a Silvan song, or whatever, until at last it blinks on (at some dramatic moment  >:D ).

Cool?

Eclecticon

As Morirúsë hurls his vitriol at the lamps, Arbogast, a cup of wine in his hand now that the Wood Elves have departed, mulls over the coming journey.  From here, almost any route north will reach the Old Road, he thinks, which Bofri said runs beneath the shadow of the Mountains of Mirkwood.  Once there, we shall see what we may find.  We could not afford a boat to row up the Dusky River - oh, for the coin of Bandobras or Rorin! - so into the wood on foot, for as long as Morirúsë's body will hold, seems to be the best path.

Character sheet