• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 05:03 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Unexpected Homecoming

Started by tomcat, Mar 10, 2014, 03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan

:ooc:A great place for a small group of folks with good hearts to take up the mantle of leadership and guide the city to that place of peace and harmony, and to control all trade between the north and south...

GandalfOfBorg

"Power to the people, eh?  Well we don't have much to work with but thwarting evil is a good start.  So, brother, do you have a plan?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Apr 10, 2014, 11:54 AM #47 Last Edit: Apr 10, 2014, 11:56 AM by tomcat
Quote from: Stefan on Apr 10, 2014, 04:12 AM:ooc:A great place for a small group of folks with good hearts to take up the mantle of leadership and guide the city to that place of peace and harmony, and to control all trade between the north and south...

:ooc: Kind of a neat idea to steer down, and one I never thought of when I put this 'new' version of this chapter together. Nain could bring influence from the Blue Mountains, Edrahil from Lindon, and the Dunedain from up north. It makes for a neat way to assure that the next 1200 years of Tolkien canon is secure.  :)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Apr 10, 2014, 04:36 AM
"Power to the people, eh?  Well we don't have much to work with but thwarting evil is a good start.  So, brother, do you have a plan?"

"For the moment? Learn what we can, starting with those who seem to be suffering the most under this... 'king'." Dirnhael said. "To be forewarned is to be forearmed."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

:ooc: Nain maybe able to tap into an even closer spot, Khazadum.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug, Celdrahil came through here in his long slow trek north from Ithilien. What can you tell me about Tharbad? Is the ICE map of the city accurate? Is it player knowledge? Do I have some info on some of the cities factions? Any Dunedain presence left at all etc?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Stefan

:ooc: Nain could easily bring help from the blue mountains but that's a very long march. To convince the leaders of Khazadum he's going to need more info than just Human problems...

tomcat

Apr 16, 2014, 08:53 PM #52 Last Edit: Apr 16, 2014, 08:54 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Telcontar on Apr 10, 2014, 01:31 PM:ooc: Doug, Celdrahil came through here in his long slow trek north from Ithilien. What can you tell me about Tharbad? Is the ICE map of the city accurate? Is it player knowledge? Do I have some info on some of the cities factions? Any Dunedain presence left at all etc?

:ooc: Sorry for the delay to your question, Tom...

Celdrahil left Minas Ithil in the late Winter, or early Spring of III 1637 - so somewhere between February and March. That would provide him with the needed travel time to get to Arthedain and become part of our story by November/December of that same year.

So, it's been roughly two years since you passed through Tharbad. The map I have attached shows what things are, or used to be. I will verify things if you decide to explore the confines of the city.

When you came through, the sickness was just setting in on these people and so there weren't the cantonments that you will find now. Yes, people were sick and some (healers) began to cry warning of the spread of the disease. The town had a Reeve (Margrave) at the time, named Hamad, who stood in rule for the minor noble of Dúnedain descent, who was wasting away with the sickness. Hamad, too, was of Dúnedain blood, and he ruled the city cautiously, firmly, but fairly.

In III 1409, after the fall of Cardolan - it is stated that the count of true-born Dúnedain numbered approximately 1,000. These people re-emerged from the Old Forest and the Tyrn Gorthad and tried to put their country back together. Two hundred years later, I would say that 20% of those Dúnedain are left within the city and surrounding country. Some of these Dúnedain have fallen to ill-ways, the rest are eradicated by the plague in III 1636- so, you can take my 200 (20%) and reduce it again by a factor of 10 and assume about 20 full-blooded Dúnedain remain. There are plenty of people with a strain of Dúnedain blood, but the men that came from Westernesse are a rarity.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

"I passed through Tharbad on my way north. At that time the mayor of the city was Hamad. Perhaps weshould call upon the cityand call upon him? Failing that Perhaps some of our folk remain within the city seeking only encouragment. Either way, three knights and their companions is a sizable force to be used to shape events."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Stefan

sdrotar

Dirnhael nodded in agreement.
"Soon enough," he said. "First, let us determine what -- and who -- we oppose, and ascertain their strength."

"This may become a battle for hearts and minds as much as it will be one of steel."

tomcat

:ooc: Okay - it is sundown. Are you guys resting for the night or are you scouting the city limits? The rain has slowed to a drippy chill, but it is certainly passable.

Telcontar

"Our foe? Our foe remains unchanged as it has from the begining. The marring of the world and discord sown by the Nameless Enemy will forever plague the lives of men and folk of Arda. This foe like all others will out its source to the begining and be some servant of the evil we can never truly destroy."

Celdrahil looked out the window to gauge the rain, "the light of day will always be our ally. It will reveal our presence to be sure, but from the words of Mithrandir and what he have seen so far I'd rather do my exploring in the light of day, in order to better prepapre for the night."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

"I, for one, could use a stroll to stretch my legs.  We've ridden long and hard, it would be a treat to do this.  Anyone care to join me in the fading light?" asks Durgil.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

"I will walk with you, brother," Dirnhael replied; the very mention of their relation made him miss his wife, Ioreth, all the more.
"Perhaps the fresh air will lift my spirits."