• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:27 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Cavern engagement - Round 6

Started by tomcat, Sep 02, 2012, 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Sep 12, 2012, 06:22 PM #15 Last Edit: Sep 12, 2012, 06:31 PM by tomcat
:ooc: I am going to assume that Farok would rather use a FP than take 19 damage (but this is his last)... let me know if I am wrong and I will change things.  :csu:

Jared, Kaida take a crit, which means the damage is doubled for 36... do you want to use any points (i.e. Destiny)?

Also, the Bando Gora captain's Dark Rage result also gives the +6 bonus to attack, as well as damage, but I will let the rolls stand as they are for this round.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

:ooc: I think 36 would kill her. Ouch...  Yes please Apply a destiny point for Kaida.

Telcontar

:ooc: I was under the impression that a character could make two move equivalent actions in a round and a standard action. So Move Light Object is a Move equivalent action UtF check. Yeah I'll use the FP to stay in the fight. Did you include my Unstoppable Force skill in the Captain's force thingy whatsy powers?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Cool, Tom... and to help out with the quandry on action allowances I will post below. As for your Unstoppable Force ... checking ... that immunity does not play in here as there was no direct UtF attack against your Fortitude or Will. The Dark Rage power is actually enacted directly on the captain himself - he draws on the dark side and basically stirs himself up into a berserker rage. It adds a bonus to his attack and damage, but reduces his abilities to perform certain skills.

Character Action Type Allowance (what a PC can do in one game round in any order by group)
SWIFT SWIFT SWIFT
SWIFT MOVE MOVE
SWIFT SWIFT MOVE
SWIFT MOVE STANDARD
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Also, I need to do this for Shade to draw his saber back to him...

SWIFT - draw saber back
:00: DC 20 Use the Force +13
Rolled 1d20+13 : 14 + 13, total 27

tomcat

sdrotar

Sep 13, 2012, 02:55 PM #21 Last Edit: Sep 13, 2012, 02:57 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat on Sep 13, 2012, 01:08 PM
:ooc: Cool, Tom... and to help out with the quandry on action allowances I will post below. As for your Unstoppable Force ... checking ... that immunity does not play in here as there was no direct UtF attack against your Fortitude or Will. The Dark Rage power is actually enacted directly on the captain himself - he draws on the dark side and basically stirs himself up into a berserker rage. It adds a bonus to his attack and damage, but reduces his abilities to perform certain skills.

Character Action Type Allowance (what a PC can do in one game round in any order by group)
SWIFT SWIFT SWIFT
SWIFT MOVE MOVE
SWIFT SWIFT MOVE
SWIFT MOVE STANDARD

:ooc: This is what I hear:  :P
http://youtu.be/ss2hULhXf04
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

GandalfOfBorg

Unaware of the approaching skiff (read: sucking mightily as forward observer), BIT continues his barrage upon the remaining foe at the platform, picking out the large hulking shadow near Farok.

RC on the BG - Roll(1d20)+12: 15,+12 Total:27
Damage: Roll(4d10)+4: 2,6,5,6,+4 Total:23
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Shade's red-bladed saber arced over Kaida's position and then returned to the dark jedi's hand. He looked on in utter surprise that the throw had missed, but paid no attention to the noblewoman. Kaida's blaster shot struck Shade hard and caused him to twist backwards in pain and rage. The skiff began to move out away from the platform and the darksider hastened himself so as not to let them escape.

It was then that another baster bolt flashed through the darkness and struck the back of the Bando Gora captain. BIT smiled to himself and primed another shot.

On the bridge of the Aegis, Kara tapped the last few controls to rig the ship for flight. This was the second time in the last day and a half that she was being called in for aid and she wondered if something would come of this one. "Hopefully not our deaths," she thought remembering the large missile launchers that were perched around the Dug deathstick facility.

The repulsor lifts now warmed up and ready, the needed power was applied and the Aegis lifted out of the muck and mire that constituted the jungle floor. Her trio of landing struts slowly rose into the ship's housings and Kara then pushed the thrusters creating acceleration. The Loronar streaked up and through the jungle canopy and into the open night sky. Rain pattered and clicked on the cockpit's transparasteel canopy, but could do nothing to hinder the ship's flight. Switching on the forward sensor array, Kara flew by instrument only using a three-dimensional console screen that displayed a map of the terrain in front of the ship. The high-frequency radar scans beamed out and bounced back at fast intervals to generate the image.

Beside her, Ardana and Sam now sat looking out at the darkness of the night.

:ooc: It is not an issue of bad forward observer, Matt. The problem is BIT is engaged in combat and has his primary attention there and the skiff is being loaded up behind him down the entire length of the gorge (90+ squares away) - add in the dark, and bad weather and you are left with a low chance of hearing, seeing, or being pulled away from your companions' engagement.

Anyway, the BG captain takes 23.

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: LOL yes of course but it is of course a matter of professional pride  ;D
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16