• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:43 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Cavern engagement - Round 6

Started by tomcat, Sep 02, 2012, 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Sep 02, 2012, 09:11 AM Last Edit: Sep 03, 2012, 07:50 PM by tomcat
Music to read and post to!

Situation: Shade and his Bando Gora make their final assaut in the cavern.

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • Darkness - PC's suffer a -5 to Perception checks and a -2 to combat unless equipped with low-light gear
  • Anyone who has LOS to Kaida gets +1 To Hit this entire encounter due to Born Leader talent

BIT - 39/75
Brim - DEAD
Caden - 2/53
Farok - 44/72
Fett - 18/87
Kaida - 21/55
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shade - 15/93
BG soldier 1 - 29/59
BG soldier 2 - DEAD
BG sniper 1 - DEAD
BG sniper 2 - DEAD
BG captain - 39/102

Consumption:

PCPrimary  |  Secondary  |  Weapon 3  |  Misc
BITsniper blaster rifle 9/30  |  hvy blaster pistol 3/200  |  jetpack 5/10
Cadenblaster carbine 36/50  |  hvy blaster pistol 5/200  | 
Faroklightsaber n/a  |  blaster pistol 0/100
Kaida*blaster carbine 13/150  |  lt repeat blaster 0/150  | 
Fett*blaster carbine 43/150  |  flamethrower 0/5  |  missiles 1/4  |  jet pack 2/10
*not all weapons listed
-amunition is either power packs (50 shots each), or energy cells (6 shots each) and are added together in your total - what is in the gun and the spare clips you have

Equipment:
BIT - 285 credits, heavy blaster pistol, sniper blaster rifle w/ scope and bipod (SaV - must be aimed or take a -5 penalty to attack), shadowsuit, Arakyd Hush-About personal jetpack (5 fuel cells), sound sponge, utility belt, 5 power packs, long-range comlink, datapad, all-temperature cloak
Brim - hold-out blaster with 2 energy cells, lightsaber, 260 credits, datapad, long-range comlink, syntherope, 1 ion grenade
Caden -  heavy blaster pistol with 3 spare power packs, hold-out blaster, combat gloves, pocket scrambler, utility belt (3-day food supply, 3 medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), medical kit, all-temperature cloak, datapad, credit stick
Farok - lightsaber, baton, medpacs, back pack, 2 blaster pistols
Kaida - blaster carbine, heavy blaster pistol, hold-out blaster with spare energy cell, light repeating blaster with 2 spare power packs, 2 ion, shadowsuit and helmet, 2 concealed holsters, all-temperature cloak (unless armor makes it useless), basic datapad, binder cuffs, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, mesh tape, pocket scrambler, 5 ration packs, 2 computer spikes (+2), security kit, credit chip, field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 4-day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmospher canisters, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak)

Initiative:
Farok (+1) 21 (nat 20, auto first initiative)
Kaida (+11) 28
BIT (+12) 27
Fett (+11) 23
Caden (+5) 21
BG soldier (+10) 21
Shade (+14) 18
BG captain (+11) 13
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Sep 03, 2012, 12:49 PM #1 Last Edit: Sep 03, 2012, 12:56 PM by Jingo
Ooof! Kaida landed hard as she hit ground level, but she was up in a roll and on her feet, racing towards the skiff. Fett's rocket explosion had died down, and she had been gratified to see the blast had knocked the darksider off his feet at least. It was something. Not enough to stop someone stepped in those dark arts though. She was conscious of the battle still raging around here and she called into her comm as she ran.

"Let's move it people! To the skiff. Fett and BIT, give covering fire!"

ooc - races to the skiff and takes the controls, lifting it off the ground a few feet. That'll prob take her turn.

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on Sep 03, 2012, 12:49 PM

"Let's move it people! To the skiff. Fett and BIT, give covering fire!"

Caden breathed hard as he landed. He felt his ankle roll on him, but it wasn't serious and he kept moving.
"Got one on me," he huffed, looking back at the onrushing soldier. "I'll bring him your way."

:ooc: Caden will get to Kaida and the skiff ASAP; he'll use his Dodge Feat as necessary.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

If he can get to me before the soldier does, I'll move the skiff away from the edge once Caden is on-board, forcing the thing to jump a rather large gap. . .  ;D

Telcontar

Farok stood poised with his lightsaber to make another strike. He saw that his companions were making for the skiff and knew that he had to buy them some time. He knew that this was an important battle. Every move or counter move was pregnant with repercussions.
The arc of his lightsaber came down again on the Captain, soon he knew both Dark force users would be against him.

Attack Roll
Rolled 1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

:ooc:SWEET!

DMG:
Rolled 2d8+4 : 4, 6 + 4, total 14

Farok also saw the debris from the battle around him and though he doubted it would be effective every trick the once Jedi knew he was going to try. Reaching out with the force he flung an object at Shade and for good measure one at the Captain. The Shade he knew would most likely evade, but the one armed man hoped the multiple attacks would throw his primary foe off.

:ooc: Doug, UtF move an object is swift action, so I am going to take one standard (my attack) and make two UtF swift actions to move an object at DC15 if the check defeats the reflex defense it does 1d6.

Object 1 at Shade Utf
Rolled 1d20+10 : 10 + 10, total 20

Object 2 at Captain UtF
Rolled 1d20+10 : 7 + 10, total 17
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Sep 05, 2012, 06:06 PM #6 Last Edit: Sep 05, 2012, 06:09 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Hey Tom, I am back with some spoil the party news... Move Object is a Standard action to activate. So, you can either keep your lightsaber attack, which does 28 to the captain, or go with the Move Object option. If the latter, I will also help you with how the Force power works and how to get the best from it.

I am waiting on something from Matt, and then I will move this thread on.

On the Aegis, things had been quiet. Kara had kept to her moody self, staving off Ardana's polite convesation and company. The Twi'lek knew what was going on - she had seen Kara at her worst in the cantina on Tatooine. Ardana knew addicts. She had seen so many. She took care of one. Still, the ship was quiet and there was little to do, so she forced the pilot to communicate.

That was how their days had passed in the steamy jungle of Malastare - Kara moving from one end of the ship to the other, and Ardana following her around. It was a surprise to both when Sam had come streaking up the valley on the speeder bike with one in tow. The droid's appearance took both of the females aback, his armor torn and scarred from blaster hits. Sam had told both of them to not worry about him, but he spoke his concern for the rest of the team, and then he had shutdown to repower and to perform a diagnostic. It wasn't until later that afternoon when Sam reanimated and began to work on getting the two speeder bikes stowed in the hold, along with a large E-web cannon.

The females left him to his work and the day ended once more. Kara sat on the flight deck and looked out through the canopy. She had only low-internal lights on, and even fewer external lamps lit. Still, she felt a chill run up her back for she knew that the jungle was alive outside the ship with numerous life forms - from reptiles, to predators, and even insects. She was glad she did not have to be out there. It was then that Ardana came quickly onto the deck, "I... I think that Farok has spoken to me from afar!" Moments later, the ship's comm came to life, "Kara, we're going to need immediate evac. Brim is dead and we've got wounded. Get to us as soon as you can. We're making for the enemy's skiff. I'll give you final coordinates once we're out of the cave."

"Cave?"
Kara thought.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Sep 06, 2012, 06:31 PM #7 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2012, 06:35 PM by Telcontar
 :ooc: Doug, yes my move object force talent is a standard action. Which allows you to move large things. Moving Light objects with a UtF check is a swift action. pg 10 of the PHB under Use the Force. Which is also where I got the damage and the DC numbers from.

EDIT: correction Move Light Object is a Move action. I believe I can do two move actions and a standard in a round. and its page 77
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Sep 06, 2012, 06:36 PM #8 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2012, 06:40 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Are you reading the Saga Core Rules or the RCR?

In Saga, to Move light objects requires a MOVE action, and to use the moved object as a projectile makes it STANDARD action.

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Perception to notice the other skiff and its occupants, if necessary...
Roll(1d20)+11: 6,+11 Total:17
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Sep 07, 2012, 12:20 PM #10 Last Edit: Sep 07, 2012, 12:22 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 06, 2012, 06:31 PM
:ooc: Doug, yes my move object force talent is a standard action. Which allows you to move large things. Moving Light objects with a UtF check is a swift action. pg 10 of the PHB under Use the Force. Which is also where I got the damage and the DC numbers from.

EDIT: correction Move Light Object is a Move action. I believe I can do two move actions and a standard in a round. and its page 77

:ooc: Hey Tom, yea it is a MOVE action, and if you use the objects as a missile weapon it becomes a STANDARD action.

Each PC may make 1 of each SWIFT, MOVE, STANDARD action, or 1 of each SWIFT, SWIFT, STANDARD action, or 1 of each SWIFT, SWIFT, SWIFT action, or 1 of each SWIFT, SWIFT, MOVE action, or 1 of each SWIFT, MOVE, MOVE action - in a round. Unless the PC has a talent or feat that garners them an additonal action in a round, this is it.

So for our current round, Farok attacked the captain and criticaled with a 20 - auto hit and double damage. So, all you have left are a MOVE and a SWIFT, or two SWIFT actions.

I do not have a problem with you doing the Use the Force idea, but it can't happen in this round to create damage. I recommend waiting until next round and use your Move Object Force Power - that will do a LOT more than moving light objects.

Telcontar

:ooc: When I looked at it at home it said Move LIght Object was a move action. So I get two move actions and a standard. I did not read that using it to attack someone was a standard action. When I get home I'll have to look at it again.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

:ooc: yes move object talent does a lot more damage, but what I was trying to do was occupy to opponents who are about to turn their full attention on me and wail on me.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 07, 2012, 06:08 PMSo I get two move actions and a standard.

:ooc: I am not sure where you are getting two MOVE actions and a STANDARD, but to move this round on I am going to just apply your lightsaber attack to the BG captain.

Farok crits on the captain for 28 damage, total 67/102

BIT does not exceed the DC 20 to take notice of the skiff being loaded up across the gorge.

Fett heard Kaida's call to retreat, but that was not the reason he was here. The dark jedi needed to die and he would see it done. He leveled his blaster once more and pulled the trigger.

Fett's actions
SWIFT x2 - aim, Hunter's Mark if attack successful will reduce Shade -1 on the CT
STANDARD - fires on Shade
:00: DC 25 Ranged blaster carbine +9 (4d8+6) with Point blank shot and Rapid shot, +5 Familiar Foe
Rolled 1d20+15 : 3 + 15, total 18

dmg if successful 4d8+11 : 4, 6, 4, 5 + 11, total 30

Shade and Bado Gora actions

Bando Gora soldier
FULL ROUND ACTION - run after Caden and Kaida towards skiff

Bando Gora Captain
SWIFT - UtF [Dark Rage]
:00: DC varies Use the Force +17
Rolled 1d20+17 : 19 + 17, total 36

STANDARD - attacks Farok
:00: DC 16 Melee Bando Gora Captain's staff +11 (2d6+7) with both hands
Rolled 1d20+11 : 11 + 11, total 22

damage if successful 2d6+7 : 5, 1 + 7, total 13

*damage will also include Dark Rage bonus based on the DOS with the UtF roll above

Shade
MOVE - walks back towards skiff and retreating PC's
STANDARD - throws lightsaber at Kaida
:00: DC 22 Ranged double-bladed lightsaber +15 (2d8+6)
dmg if successful 2d8+6 : 8, 4 + 6, total 18

**I may have some follow-up rolls to add or request (i.e. blocks and deflections).

tomcat

:ooc: Fett has been for absolute shit in this little foray...  :|

BG captain will spend a FP to maintain his Dark Rage  :csu:

Thre results of his roll gives a +6 to damage bonus. Farok can try to BLOCK the attack... I will roll it below.

I rolled only the damage roll for Shade, it would help if I rolled his attack roll... I will roll it below.

Farok
REACTION - Block
:00: DC 22 Use the Force +10
Rolled 1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21

Shade
Rolled 1d20+15 : 20 + 15, total 35