• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:08 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Death Stick production

Started by tomcat, May 22, 2012, 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

Farok made sure all the items from their fallen comrade were packed up. (doug anything not claimed I'll put in the backpack farok has. )

The bunker was empty and clear, the one armed man had no desire to scale another cliff. Age and his physical handicap were finally starting to wear the force user down.

"Fett, do the caves connect to the compound? This Gran must have been running somewhere. I have no desire to climb."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

:ooc: I'll let Logar keep Katherine. If there's any sort of melee weapon (vibroknife, vibrosword) lying around in the compound, Kaida will take it.

Kaida checked her power readings on her HUD in her helmet, and satisfied they'd hold up for a trip in the dark, she switched to low light and infrared and scanned a bit as well. "Let's take a brief look. If this isn't where we want to go, no need to go spelunking."

:ooc:
For Doug: I can't remember what we were originally trying to accomplish? Wasn't it blow a hole in whatever they were processing / manufacturing in order to lure the Dark Jedi out of hiding? Did we do that?

For the Team: But if he's already on planet and coming to us, is there need to poke our heads around here? Or would it make more sense wait for him--and prepare for him?

Telcontar

:ooc: I thought the personal goal was to defeat this guy and the good of the universe and our moral standing goal was to destroy death stick production.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: The goal was to make an attack on the Dug death stick facility - not so much to put it out of commission but to draw the Bando Gora and the Shade out of hiding. The communication that you guys sent from the Guard tower of your attack and intentions worked just as well, so now you need only enter the facility if you want.

The dark jedi is now on the planet, but where is yet to be seen.

"Fett, do the caves connect to the compound? This Gran must have been running somewhere. I have no desire to climb."

Boba Fett looked to Farok and answered, "My journals speak of Jango Fett going underground for a distance. I believe this is what he spoke of and at the far end should be skiff landing platform. The skiff provides transport over a canyon... probably an extension of the one behind us. Anyway, opposite side of the canyon there is the facility. With any luck, we won't have to go that far." The bounty hunter heard Kaida and then moved into the cavern passage.

The cave ran relatively level with the bunker that they just left and went due north deep into the mountain. The passage was at least two meters wide and three high at its lowest. A pitch up could be felt in the progress and they started to climb. Based on the size of the mountain that they saw before entering, the company figured it was at least a kilometer to cover. Fett led the way with BIT right behind him and then Kaida. Following on came Caden, Farok and Brim.

Fifteen minutes into their passage, they came into a larger chamber that was used for storage - crates were stacked along the east wall. The northly direction came to a lift ramp that was up against a stone wall. It would elevate any passenger a good three meters to a new level where a blast door blocked the way.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Brim spoke in the quiet cavern passage and his whisper seemed to carry, "Perhaps this chamber would be a good place to rest. We are all wounded. We all suffer from our losses today, and we have been battling since this morning. If the dark jedi is here, surely there is nothing we can do until we get to him."

The idea of confronting the Force-user suddenly chilled Brim. He had seen him kill Dan Qinos on Bakura. The Rodian had heard only legend of such evil and he never thought that he would ever face such a being. He carried a lightsaber and felt the Force stirring within himself but knew he was still a novice at these arts... a padawan? The thoughts made him suddenly wish to drain his bladder.

"What say you, do we take some time to rest and prepare?"

Fett answered, "Initiative is ours. We can meet him on our terms if we keep pushing on. Otherwise he will have the chance to prepare this engagement on his terms."

"On his terms?" The Rodian was incredulous, "What advantage do we have now? We could be walking into the next barricade of the Dug king and his evil allies! If we rest and heal, we will be better off."

Brim looked to the others to see if any were on his side.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Farok looked around the cavern, it was cool and damp. On Tatooine he had been in places like this in the deep desert. This had the feel of the places where the deep desert peoples would dwell. He imagined that there were places like this on Ryloth as well. Perhaps Masaaraq came from a place like this. He thought of Adana safe on the ship and wondered what she was thinking about this latest adventure. Surely the driod had returned by now and related all that had happened. Was she worried about him? Would his death be a release to her? No, he knew that regardless of how she acted she was free and thought of herself as such. Even though she never left him all the times he ordered her to go and then she had blindly followed him on this insane quest without a comment. She simply packed her things and prepared his things as well. Things he would not have even bothered to pack himself. Cigars for one. Farok would have taken what he had on hand, not thought to pack several boxes for him as she had. The shuffle of feet brought him back to the moment.

"No we cannot wait here Brim. The Bounty Hunter is right, weak as we are the initiative is more important. They could simply seal us in here and let time do their work for them. No, we must keep going and not allow them time to plan a complex trap for us."

The one time jedi tossed aside the soggy stub he had been gnawing on. Reaching to his side he took another swallow from his flask and fished out a new cigar. He took the time to cut it properly, slowly lit it, and began to draw upon it. He cocked his head back deep in reflection and then spoke. His voice, when it came, echoed in the hall.

"One who serves, I am
Calmly I make my way for
the great force for light

Virtue in my deed,
Cause an unpayable debt
I must try and pay

Fealty, honour,
One bright blade that guards my way
Always by my side

Colours swirl the air,
the time for trial now at hand
I stand with my sword

The enemy comes
Bravely with honour I die
Like an ancient star"

"Let us run this foul creature into a hole and destroy it."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Great post, Tom.

I will wait to see if anyone else chimes in before I move you on.

Jingo

Kaida nodded in agreement and looked at the others, determination written across her face. "We do need rest, Brim. But more than that, we need to strike this blow hard and fast. For Britton. For Logar. We must move quickly before this dark jedi knows what he's up against. With each passing moment, we lose what mobility and initiative we had." She sighed and wondered if they truly had any left. But better to keep moving than to be trapped here. She placed an arm on his shoulder, praying they would all see this through without any more losses. She was no longer certain. She forced a smile "Let's go hunt the hunter."

GandalfOfBorg

"There will be time to rest once this is over, one way or another," growled BIT, itching to move on.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Caden agreed. "I've had it with this place, and I've got no plans on letting anyone else run us into another trap."
He thought of the dark Force-user that had killed two of his closest friends back on Bakura, and the fact that they were in the middle of a death-stick production facility; something that was slowly killing his new pilot, as well.

An unusual grim look came across Caden's face as he tightened his grip on his weapon.
"Let's get this joker and burn the whole place down."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Boba Fett cocked his head at Caden, "Not a wise suggestion us burning this place to the ground, Caden. You think you have it bad now with the Empire on your tails? Destroy this place and watch as every Hutt, Dug, or other villain decides they want a peice of you. This facility is big business for the underbelly of the galaxy." He snorted, "You will be seeing more than me or Cobin Sallo coming to find you! I say we just stick to the plan and kill this dark jedi... then we can all go on our merry way."

Brim nodded in consent, "Very well then, let's be off."

The companions went to the lift and saw that there was power to the motor and control board and so all climbed aboard. BIT tapped the button and it rose the three meters to the next level of the passage. Now they just needed to get past the blast door. There was a control panel for the door as well, but it had a bold red light. It was locked.

The controls to the door would need to be sliced, or perhaps the door itself - if the jedi lightsabers would work.

sdrotar

Jun 14, 2012, 01:53 PM #26 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2012, 07:33 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat on Jun 14, 2012, 01:04 PM
Boba Fett cocked his head at Caden, "Not a wise suggestion us burning this place to the ground, Caden. You think you have it bad now with the Empire on your tails? Destroy this place and watch as every Hutt, Dug, or other villain decides they want a piece of you. This facility is big business for the underbelly of the galaxy." He snorted, "You will be seeing more than me or Corbin Sallo coming to find you!"

Caden looked a little queasy; he hadn't thought of that.
Odd... usually, self-preservation was the foremost thing on his mind.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

"nuts and bolts isnt here, and the sweetcakes the pilot isnt either. Brim, shall we try the Jedi master key?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Seeing that no one was volunteering to slice the door electronically, Kaida grunted, remembering that first door.  "Yes," she nodded. "But carefully. Might be rigged." Maybe she was getting paranoid. Losing a team member did that. She didn't want to lose any more. She held her gun at the ready and waited behind the others.

GandalfOfBorg

Jun 15, 2012, 05:21 PM #29 Last Edit: Jun 16, 2012, 09:48 AM by GandalfOfBorg
"Whoa, hold on a minute here... do we really need to go around telegraphing that we're coming and with some who wield lightsabers?"  Putting his rifle aside a moment, "Let me take a look first...  I may be a dead eye with a rifle, you haven't seen anything yet."

:ooc:
What kind of interface is this?  Simple lock or access panel for more than just the door?

Mechanics - Roll(1d20)+12: 17,+12 Total:29
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16