• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:14 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Tantau prison

Started by tomcat, Mar 06, 2011, 06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: yeah rigth I forgot. Who has the good computer type skills?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

:ooc: Logar (+9) and Sam (+10)

tomcat

Mar 30, 2011, 09:18 AM #62 Last Edit: Mar 30, 2011, 03:14 PM by tomcat
:ooc: The stormtrooper was considered 'heavy', and so carries:

• stormtrooper armor [+6 armor, +2 equipment] - except it is now cut into by a lightsaber and vibro-bayonet and thus useless (pieces could be salvaged to build a suit of armor from other like suits)
  • light repeating blaster - Dmg 3d8; ROF Autofire only (see autofire info below); Wt 6kg (weapon is size Large and considered two-handed for any creature of Medium size); needs power pack and has 30 shots
  • utility belt with medpac, frag grenade and two additional power packs

Autofire

• treated as an area attack, target a 2x2 square and make a single attack roll at -5; compare result to Reflex score of all present and those hit take full damage, those missed take half (Evasion talent reduces a hit to half damage and a miss to a miss)
  • autofire consumes 10 shots (or slugs) and can only be use if it has ten shots in it
  • autofire only weapons may be braced by taking two Swift actions before firing; reduces the -5 autofire penalty to -2
  • if a PC has the Burst Fire feat, they may concentrate an autofire on a single enemy; still take the -5 penalty, but do +2 dice of damage and only consume half the number of shots; burst fire cannot be evaded with Evasion.

Logar, Sam and Brim also nodded a ready and so the team moved out once more. Logar at the lead with Brim quietly moving behind him, his lightsaber in hand. They had been lucky so far, with no one taking notice of their presence... at least that is what they thought.

ISB Officer Falken Wright had a bad reputation. Not as an officer, nor as a trustworthy member of the Empire. No, he had been a quality soldier and had quickly risen through the ranks of the Imperial services, only to find his niche in the Imperial Security Bureau - a dangerous and secret branch of the Imperial governance that all feared - soldier and civillian alike. His family connections had not hindered his prominent rise to the rank of ISBO and it in turn also protected him.

ISBO Wright's bad reputation came from his quirky and at times evil way of doing things. It was the reason he was now stationed on Tantau II, although in his mind the position was a blessing. Wright had a command that was under no scrutiny save his own, and he had a free hand to do most things he wanted - his subordinates fearing to disobey him. And so, the Tantau II prison had become his own personal torture room for his sick mind to play with the inmates at his leisure, and he performed his expiriments with a passionate fervor.

In his mind, Wright believed that the Emperor would approve of his actions... would probably appreciate his art.

BOOM!

Something large fell above his quarters on the storage room floor. Falken was sitting at his desk writing a supply request, which he was prone to do in the early hours, for he slept very little, when Sam shoved over the crate. The ISB officer wondered what the hell was going on upstairs. He rose from his desk and pushed a button. The voice of one of his squad officers answered, "Yes, sir?"

"What was that noise?"

"Something must have toppled in storage, sir. I sent one of my troopers to investigate."

"Yes... well, please report immediately if there is anything out of the ordinary."

"I will call momentarily, Commander Wright, as soon as I have something to report."

"Very good," said Falken. He had an aristocracy about him that made him feel that he was his underling's better - not just in rank, but in all things.

The Imperial Officer in the control room watched as the commlink light went out and shook his head. He hated that creepy bastard. He hit the communicator again to his troopers' helmet frequency, "Let me know what you find... the commander is awake." Why am I not surprised about that, he thought to himself, leaving the words unspoken. He was a good officer and did not let the crap roll down to the grunts on the line.

A response came back to him from one of his stormtroopers tasked with walking the floors, and who was currently finishing up a round on level one. "I am walking the main corridor now, from the prison, sir. I will meet up with Dax in the storage room via the back stair."

The officer on duty responded, "Roger."

Logar got to the next corner where the stormtrooper had been stationed and quickly peeked around it. The chamber was well lit and he clearly saw another heavy stormtrooper  stationed in a position to protect the control room. The control room itself he knew was there, but did not have a good view as to who might be in it.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Mar 30, 2011, 09:18 AM
:ooc: The stormtrooper was considered 'heavy', and so carries:

• stormtrooper armor [+6 armor, +2 equipment] - except it is now cut into by a lightsaber and vibro-bayonet and thus useless (pieces could be salvaged to build a suit of armor from other like suits)
  • light repeating blaster - Dmg 3d8; ROF Autofire only (see autofire info below); Wt 6kg (weapon is size Large and considered two-handed for any creature of Medium size); needs power pack and has 30 shots
  • utility belt with medpac, frag grenade and two additional power packs

Autofire

• treated as an area attack, target a 2x2 square and make a single attack roll at -5; compare result Reflex score of all present and those hit take full damage, those missed take half (Evasion talent reduces a hit to half damage and a miss to a miss)
  • autofire consumes 10 shots (or slugs) and can only be use if it has ten shots in it
  • autofire only weapons may be braced by taking two Swift actions before firing; reduces the -5 autofire penalty to -2
  • if a PC has the Burst Fire feat, they may concentrate an autofire on a single enemy; still take the -5 penalty, but do +2 dice of damage and only consume half the number of shots; burst fire cannot be evaded with Evasion.

:ooc: Kaida will also pick up the Frag Grenade as well.

donimator

Sam saw Logar's signal and internally plotted the new trooper's positions on his stored schematics. He ran scenarios and possibilites, but the conclusion he could draw was this was still taking too much time. Their element of surprise was in danger with every action they took. He did not see a scenario where it did not come to mixing it up and thought better they do it on their terms instead of having their hand forced.

Quietly he suggested, "Grenades. Let's take the command centre now and defend from there."

Callowmoryne

Logar agreed with Sam. He pulled a frag Grenage from his utility belt and eyed the rest of the group. "Sams right. We are gonna lose what surprise we have before to long. If everyone else agrees ill toss this frag at trooper we can see and we will rush the control room. They may have a panic switch that shuts us out so im thinking we need to get in there fast. Any nay sayers?"

tomcat

Mar 30, 2011, 03:27 PM #66 Last Edit: Mar 30, 2011, 03:29 PM by tomcat
:ooc: You may want to take those power packs for that blaster, too, Jingo. Otherwise that thing gets three shots and it has discharged its power. But cool on the medpac and frag.

Brim silently nodded. He was ready to do what must be done, but still his stomach began to churn. They were about to willingly enter a major skirmish with an Imperial installation. Up until now, all they had done is break into the prison... but now, it was real. The Rodian loosened his blaster from its holster and held his lightsaber in his opposite hand.

"Ready when you are," he said.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

"No Grenades! they will damage the computers. Logar, go wide around the entrance and blast him. Sam come up short and track to the right and engage any targets you see. I'll go up the middle after you fire and take the room. Dont hit the computers we still dont know where our target is and they still dont know we are here, we need to be in a position of dominance before we tip our hand."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Mar 30, 2011, 03:27 PM
:ooc: You may want to take those power packs for that blaster, too, Jingo. Otherwise that thing gets three shots and it has discharged its power. But cool on the medpac and frag.

:ooc: 3 shots on auto fire right? Otherwise its 30 single shots, I think, but yeah, I'll take em all.  ;D

tomcat

Mar 31, 2011, 06:45 AM #69 Last Edit: Mar 31, 2011, 07:12 AM by tomcat
Quote from: Jingo on Mar 31, 2011, 06:22 AM:ooc: 3 shots on auto fire right? Otherwise its 30 single shots, I think, but yeah, I'll take em all.  ;D

:ooc: Right, the power pack contains '30 shots', and Autofire consumes 10 shots per pull of the trigger - so three shots... BUT ALSO - this is an AUTOFIRE ONLY weapon, so no single shots available unless you do some future mods. Thus, with all three power packs (one in the gun and two additional), you have a total of 9 shots (or 18 Burst Fires if you have that feat).

Jingo

:ooc: Got it. Didn't know it was autofire only. Yikes... I'm assuming power packs are universal between heavy blaster pistol and this rifle? I do have some of those for my pistol I could use is needed.

Kaida made sure she was behind some cover as she covered the hallway. With the weapon braced on one of the crates, she prayed no one would come.

:ooc: She'll make a hide check and try to remain hidden as much as possible, but will take opportunity action and shoot if anyone spots her as they come down the hallway.