• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Jun 02, 2024, 11:28 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Tantau prison

Started by tomcat, Mar 06, 2011, 06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Kaida nodded at the plan. "Quickly, everyone into the crates!" Things were going to hit the fan hard and fast once an alarm broke out. To that end, she moved behind the last row of crates, hidden for now, but able to move out to where she could cover the either the stairwell or the entire hallway as needed.

Telcontar

"Logar, you lure him in. I'll take cover near the hallway and cut him off if i need to. if things get crazy I'll rush the control room."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

The team dispersed between the rows of storage crates. Logar, Brim and Britton took lead positions because all had melee weapons. It was Sam who was given instructions to topple one of the crates due to the strength in his servos. The two women went to the last two rows of crates and readied their blasters to only be used if someone came up from downstairs to investigate, or things went wrong with the stormtrooper.

With everyone in place, the nod was given to Sam and he hefted upward one of the crates only to let it topple to the opposite row. The storage container was built for interspace transport and so was reinforced with metal and even vacuum sealed - some of the crates even had mini-environmental systems. Needless to say, the large heavy box tumbled loudly against its mates and thumped hard on the floor causing a resounding boom. The amount of noise caused made the companions suddenly concerned that maybe the barracks below would be alerted.

Everyone tensed.

Suddenly the sound of booted feet came down the corridor from the control center - all the while, Kara and Kaida kept their blasters trained on the stairwell. Brim and Logar stood in the same row across from one another and Britton was one row back. In the diffuse light, the white-armored soldier suddenly appeared.

:ooc: This is a surprise round on the heavy stormtrooper. You all have one free round of actions before the trooper can react - if he even lives.

And to answer your question, Tom - the armor rating of any suit of armor just gives the total score needed to hit. It does not reduce damage by melee or ranged, unless it has a Damage Reduction score, which stormtrooper armor does not. If you have more questions, give me a holla!

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: I was kinda hoping to lure him further into the storage area and have my aisle be between the strike and the hallway to cut him off.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Well I can swap the two aisles that you guys are in... but troopers have low-light visibility, so you tell me if that is what you want. If it is, he will get one Perception roll to see if he sees you down the first aisle, as he passes by.

Let me know, and I will re-write it or leave it as it stands.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Brim hit the trigger on his lightsaber which activated with a snap-hiss. The aisle illuminated with a bright green and the saber was brought down two-handed in a terrible arc on the startled stormtrooper.

:00: DC 16; Armed combat +6
Lightsaber attack 1d20+6 : 14 + 6, total 20

If successful:
damage 2d8+5 : 3, 8 + 5, total 16

Callowmoryne

Logars mind was already wandering to there next move as the guard approched, the flash of Brims lightsaber brought him back to deadly focus. He followed the Rodians two-handed swing with a thrust of his bayonet.

:ooc: :00: DC 16 Melee +8
Rolled 1d20+8 : 19 + 8, total 27

Damage if successful
Rolled 2d6+5 : 5, 6 + 5, total 16

watanabe

Kara saw Sam working with some parts and went over to the droid.

"Need a hand?" she asked.

:ooc:

I would like to assist on his mechanics check

Mechanics +15

Rolled 1d20+15 : 5 + 15, total 20

tomcat

Quote from: watanabe on Mar 28, 2011, 08:07 PM
Kara saw Sam working with some parts and went over to the droid.

"Need a hand?" she asked.

:ooc:

I would like to assist on his mechanics check

Mechanics +15

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+15 : 5 + 15, total 20

:ooc: Not sure what you want me to do with this, Nick - the last time Sam worked on anything was about 6 hours ago when he set up an alarm should someone enter the maintenance shack. He was alone at the time.

Logar's vibroblade caught the trooper just where his torso shell armor met the waist and was flexible. The knife went in deep, sliding over the trooper's hip bone and severing the spine just above his hips. Between the shocking surprise of the lightsaber and then the quick stab to the mid-section, the trooper clattered lifeless, down to the floor.

Perception roll to see if anyone heard the falling stormtrooper
:00: DC 27 Perception +10
Perception 1d20+10 : 15 + 10, total 25

tomcat

Brim quickly moved to the edge of the crates to check the passage that led into the control room, but saw no one else following the trooper. He deactivated his lightsaber and the chamber went back into shadows. The others emerged from their places of hiding.

Jingo

:ooc: Are those turrets portable tripod type units or are they fixed emplacements?

tomcat

Telcontar

:ooc: Jingo, I  like where your heads at.

Britton moved out of his hidding place, he saw Brim check the hallway so he immediately set about seeing what gear the trooper had in ways of out fitting his little band.

"Allright lets take the control room. Blasters as a last resort. Once secure Sam and Kaida see what you can do with the computers. Brim see if you can disable those gun turrets, cutting them with your glow stick maybe the most effective. We need to find the prisoner manifest and then see how much of the prison we can control from the control room. Ready?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Mar 30, 2011, 05:06 AM #59 Last Edit: Mar 30, 2011, 05:09 AM by Jingo
Kaida quickly knelt over the fallen trooper's form, and checked him for useful gear, collecting his rifle and any power packs. She then holstered her own pistol, careful not to touch the blood. A little extra firepower would come in handy. While not as skilled in soldiering as perhaps Britton or Logar'Dan, she had some skill in weaponry. Too bad those turrets were fixed in place.

:ooc: I'm assuming he has standard issue rifle, if not let me know and I'll adjust post. Also, if he has a medpack I'll collect that too to replace the one used on Brim. Does he have any melee weapons she can use. If so, she'll take that too.

She then dragged the trooper's form into the shadows among the crates. Perhaps it would buy them a little more time if anyone came to investigate. She was glad the trooper wore a helmet that concealed his face. It made it easier to stomach the killing they were doing and would have to do. She shook her head and growled to herself. No time for that now. There would be time enough later to grieve at the unavoidable loss of life in a war.

She checked the rifle and nodded to Britton, giving him a wry grin. "Computers...As I said before, I can press the ENTER key for Sam, if that's what you have in mind. But that's about the extent of my computer skills. Alright, lets go. I'll cover our rear."

:ooc: Kaida will be rear guard, frequently checking their flank and rear.