• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 06:22 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Decisions

Started by tomcat, Mar 05, 2009, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The shadow moved through the apartment quietly, knowing his time was running short - the Bakuran federal guards would be returning soon, he was sure.

He carefully took the scanner from one of the utility pockets on his chest and held it over anywhere the two strangers had been in the room. The red scan crossbeams  went back and forth and on more than a few occasions beeped with a captured print. It was then quickly compared to that of the Senator's and all other individuals that 'worked' for him, until it was determined to be unknown. Once determined as a new print, he would take it and compare it to the Coruscant database of all known printed scans (which were plenty with the many hand access scanners that were throughout the galaxy). He had silhoutte data, voice data, and soon potential prints - all of which would lead him to an identity of these new 'investigators'.

Lastly, the shadowy figure used one more talent that he possessed. A talent that was known to only a few, and one for which he was able to demand such a high price for his information. He closed his eyes and began to feel the room, allowing the Force to move within him enabling an impression of the room and all who had been in it within the last couple of hours.

There was a sudden sound at the door. The shadow quickly came from his trance and looked in the direction of the apartment's entrance. Like a blur, he moved through the apartment to the bedroom where the great window was still blown out. Without a thought, the shadow dove out into the night air and plummeted to the streets below.

Brim watched as the others came out of Skully's to the waiting speeder. Caden aided the wounded Kex, while Dan carried the limp, but conscious, form of Neja. Kara led up the group, keeping an eye out for any new dangers. She was still a stranger to this group, and though she had risked her life for them, it was now time to decide whether she would follow them deeper into their intrigue... and whether or not she was wanted.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

"That was fun," Caden said as the speeder whisked them away, sarcasm dripping in his voice. His side still stung him, more so now that he had a moment to think about it.

He turned to Kara. "Nice shooting back there. Thanks... again." He looked forward through the windshield and the quickly back again. "Not that I'm complaining, but why are you helping us in the first place?"

Caden knew that good Samaritans were few and far between in the outworlds, and besides, Caden didn't presume their new friend was one of them, anyway. Everybody has an angle.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

donimator

Sam brought up the city map in his memory and plotted a course that would keep them away from the main streets. He asked his companions where they wanted to go, but for a short time took a winding course that he hoped would identify if they were being tailed.

Perception +9
Roll d20 + 9 = 12+9 = 21

GandalfOfBorg

"Do what you can to lose any possible tails and then we need to get back to the Senator's man," replied Dan.  "The young lady would be safest at that location.  But first, we need to ditch this ride."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

BrianM

Brim nodded towards Kex, "You do not look well, friend. How bad is it? Do you require a physician?"

tomcat

The Naboo pilot could only mumble a response to Brim's inquiry. He was in shock and fading in and out of consciousness. The strain of the night's activity had taken its toll on Kex, after the man had taken such a grievous wound. It would be some time needed in a bacta tank before he would recover.

[OOC:] For the most part, Kex is being written out due to Nico's busy personal life. He may re-enter the game in the future but for now, he is on the outs.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

With a grim expression Brim turned the rest of the group. "Senator Ranie might not have a proper facility at his home to treat Kex. What he needs is a hospital."

tomcat

[OOC:] Going to give this a little bit until Nick posts, and continues dialogue with Caden, as to why.

GandalfOfBorg

"Well, we can try to at least stabilize him," said Dan.  "Someone give me a hand."  Dan takes a moment to find the medpac in his utility belt and kneels next to his friend, assessing the wounds and applying what little skill at first aid he had.

OOC:
Treat Injury - Roll(1d20)+6: 12,+6 (includes medpac) Total:18
Force Point - Roll(1d6)+0: 4,+0 Total:4
TOTAL: 18 + 4 = 22 (7 + level WP healed)

If someone successfully uses Aid Another, +2 bonus could be applied.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

[OOC:] All right, I am going to move on the story. Kara can explain why she is giving aid, and what compensation - or whatever - she wants from it - later. (i.e. a lift off the planet, etc.)

Dan's ministration helped the wounded Kex, but still the pilot from Naboo swooned into unconsciousness. Brim and Qinos both realized it to be best, for now Kex no longer shifted about causing the wound to become agitated.

With no more moans of pain, the vehicle became silent. Sam had made contact with the senator's people and an air-speeder had designated a rendezvous. The droid steered the speeder in the direction, winding through roads that led out of the city.

Soon, the companions exited the stolen speeder and walked over to climb aboard the more official and luxurious speeders of Kal Ranie. Neja was allowed to enter first and then Kex, and then the companions jumped in as they had the opportunity. Caden looked to the driver, as he climbed aboard, pointing back to the speeder they had just vacated. "That one might be useful in the investigation. Assassins drove it and you may be able to get an identifying print or regsistrar."

Senator Ranie's mansion appeared once more on the horizon, windows glowing against the night sky. The air-speeder wound round the building to come to the large garage where it, and the other vehicle that had transported them, was housed. The companions exited the vehicle and Kex was taken away by a medical team that lived in the manse. Neja, too, was taken away to a place where she could get cleaned up and made to feel safe. The rest of the party was asked to follow the chief of staff to Senator Ranie's office. All could see the concern on Kal's face, once they entered. The door was closed and Ranie stood, "A gunfight!? In town!? I am getting news of a firefight! Is this how you are to run an investigation for me? I am trying to keep this quiet!"

GandalfOfBorg

"Well, sir, it appears someone is making a concerted effort to eliminate any leads to the murder, and some of them weren't so discrete," smirked Dan.  Getting serious, he continued, "We did what we had to in defense of the young woman and ourselves; we never sought those confrontations."
Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Mar 10, 2009, 05:27 PM
The rest of the party was asked to follow the chief of staff to Senator Ranie's office. All could see the concern on Kal's face, once they entered. The door was closed and Ranie stood, "A gunfight!? In town!? I am getting news of a firefight! Is this how you are to run an investigation for me? I am trying to keep this quiet!"

"Gee, Kal," Caden snapped. "Sorry we didn't stand around - quietly - and get killed for you."

He made a show of touching his side, revealing the scorch marks and the mottled skin on his side; his own souvenir from a blaster bolt.

"We got the girl, and we got her before she got murdered. Twice. In the meantime, I have a hole in my hide and my co-pilot's lucky to be breathing. So save your preaching for someone's who interested... Senator."

Caden turned on his heels and left the room. His old friend Kal hadn't fully revealed what they were in for, and he didn't appreciate it one bit. He went to check on Kex and seek care for his own wounds.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

[OOC:] Very nice post, man!   ;)

watanabe

OOC:  Sorry I didn't post earlier, I kept looking at the other thread... cause I'm not very smart.

IC:

Kara followed them into the senator's office and was starting to feel nervous.  She had never been one to deal with the higher crust of society except when cheating them on a repair bill or in the gambling halls.  But when the Senator started complaining about a gunfight she just shook her head.

"Typical upper class, send us out to do the dirty work, and when they find out guns get fired and knives get pulled on the streets, they complain like people are mobsters." she muttered as she found a wall to lean against.  She looked around at the rest of the group.  "I don't know what is exactly going on, but all I know is that this guy better be paying you well."

tomcat

Kal fumed as Caden stormed from his office. The senator knew the man was right, but he was still irrate. Not so much with the people before him, because Dan was correct in saying they had not sought out the fight, but Ranie was upset with the situation. It was bad enough that a highly public official was slain so publicily, but also now there were assassins working the streets trying to eliminate witnessess. If it got any worse, Kal's worse fear could come to fruition and Imperial Governor Wilhelm might station a garrison of stormtroopers on Bakura.

All along, the planet had maintained it autonomy through political negotiations, mineral agreements, and essentially cowing down to the Emperor's will. Because of this, the regional governor only paid them the slightest of interest. Ranie did not want that to change. He would not see his world any further under the heel of the Empire!

He shook his head in resignation, when he finally noticed Kara. "And who are you?"