• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 09:01 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Decisions

Started by tomcat, Mar 05, 2009, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watanabe

"A problem solver." Kara said.  "I fix things, you name it, speeders, spacecraft, broken down droids." she looked at the droid in the party and blushed.  "No offense."

She looked back at Kal. "There I was walking down the street, your group here was making a peaceful inquiry, and then a gang of thugs came in blazing, shooting to kill.  I stepped in and helped to take down the thugs, thought unfortunately I had to use my blaster on the full setting there.  Now I'm just tagging along, you know, maybe I can get a free ride off this rock when this is all said and done."

GandalfOfBorg

"If my vote counts in any way, I'll say you have," replied Dan.  "Um, by the way, we've not been formally introduced -- I'm Dan Quinos," he offers, sticking out a hand.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

donimator

Sam looks to Kara, remembering to turn his body so that his optical scanners actually face her, "I'm pretty good at self-repair...but there are some spots even I can't reach," and continuing in a perfectly matter-of-fact tone, "Can I have my jacket back?"

Looking to the senator, Sam adds, "Senator, I started a video recording when the shooting started. I believe we eliminated everyone, but if there's anyway we could access the secure systems to try and get an identity match, it may provide a lead to who was behind this."

BrianM

When the conversation had died down, and the group was mulling over the violence of the evening, Brim offered up the other evidence that had been discovered.

"Our search of the apartment revealed a location that needs investigating ... Kreyvahl Storage"

tomcat

Kal listened to first the droid, and then Brim, while Dan and Kara made each others acquaintance. The senator's mood was quickly beginning to change and he made a mental note to go and find Caden to apologize.

But first, looking at the droid and not knowing really how to relate to it, because the Bakuran culture had removed most artificially intelligent machines from their day to day living, Ranie nodded. "Err, yes, there would be no problem at all for you to download your video files into my government mainframe and I can have the Burea of Investigation do some comparitive research. It shouldn't take too long to run the faces through our database." It was Brim's statement that piqued the senator's curiosity even more, "What is Kreyvahl Storage? And where did that turn up in the apartment? The police found little to nothing, and definitely not that name."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Keeping an ear to the conversation with Brim, Dan handed over the data they found and code cylinder(?).  "This is what we found," said Dan.
Gwaithlim Weapons

watanabe

Kara stayed silent as she was still fully trying to figure out what was going on with this investigation.  She did trade back the clothing she took from Sam for her jacket, with a polite nod.

tomcat

Mar 21, 2009, 05:19 PM #22 Last Edit: Mar 21, 2009, 06:21 PM by tomcat
Caden felt the chill of the bacta fluid, as it was spread on his wound, but then immediately felt it warm and ease the pain that had pulsed there with the beating of his heart. The medical technician completed her task, and then took a large bandage and set it over the wound, the adhesive edges holding it in place. "You'll wanna leave that on for an hour or two so the bacta does not get wiped away, but then take it off and let the area breath." She smiled and turned from the Bestinian and went to see to Kex.

Across the room, Neja was also being attended to by another medical technician. She had somewhat recovered from the evening's excitement, but still, Senator Ranie wanted her observed. After all, she was the only one who saw his friend die and she might be the best clue to solving the why.

Caden drew his shirt on, but left it unbuttoned. The man sat there quietly and watched as his friend was worked on, mindlessly fingering his holster and vest that lay beside him. His mind was still fuming over the senator's accusations, when the door to the infirmary opened and Ranie entered. The senator held up his hands, in a manner of surrender, and weakly smiled at Caden. "I apologize, Whitesun. I had no right." Kal extended a hand to Caden and waited for the other man to take it.

Back in Ranie's office, the senator had left the rest of the companions with multiple tasks. Kal had given the others access to his computer to run the multiple tasks necessary to see what they could find. Sam had finished downloading all of the video files and the droid was expertly going through the frames isolating faces and cutting the images out. The computer then mapped each image, taking in all of the time data, weather, lighting, distance, and other factors that the droids own sensors had recorded from the battle scene downtown. With all of the variables, the mapped facial images were then turned into three dimensional images and each of the assassins' heads were now slowly rotating on the screen. These were being compared to government files - civilian, military, and criminal - to make any matches. So far, the name Cho and Tank were shown under two of the heads.

Sam wrote the two mens' dossiers to his own system and analyzed both. It was very basic - criminal files on both; theft, public brawling, and one murder. Cho was a man who would take money to perform any type of job. Tank had been a bit slow in the brain, and always found himself in trouble. One last thing the droid noted was that Cho had a purchased ticket off of Bakura to the planet Rodia.

Brim and Dan had taken another terminal and had looked into the local listings of businesses, one in particular - Kreyvahl Storage. The name showed up on the computer screen directory, the address the same as they found on the code cylinder. The company's description stated that they had over 200 bays available for storage of items. They also had over 50,000 terabytes of data storage available for any person needing to store data.

Kara, who found the droid... well, a droid, decided instead to sit with the man and Rodian. She sat with her boots up on the desk, reading the screen along with her companions. No matter what they found here tonight, it would have to wait until morning for they were all exhausted.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Mar 21, 2009, 05:19 PM
The senator held up his hands, in a manner of surrender, and weakly smiled at Caden. "I apologize, Whitesun. I had no right." Kal extended a hand to Caden and waited for the other man to take it.

Caden too was too tired and sore to protest, and he could see that the man meant what he said. He shook his hand, saying, "I know you wanted to keep this quiet. I know why. Believe me, I did too. Everything we did was in defense; these guys were brazen - they came at us in the middle of a public street with guns blazing."

"Whoever we're dealing with clearly isn't afraid - of the police, the government, anyone. Usually, that means they've got friends in high places."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

Mar 22, 2009, 07:01 AM #24 Last Edit: Mar 26, 2009, 06:55 PM by GandalfOfBorg
"I'll go share this with the Senator -- why don't you get some refreshment?" offered Dan.

- - - - -

"Or low places with the right connections and enough credits either way," added Dan.  "I know we've been careful as we could up until now, but going forward we need to be extra vigilant.  If whomever is behind this is persistent, and I believe so, the next encounter we have won't be just some apparently random thugs."
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

[OOC:] Hey Matt, Dan is adding to a conversation between Ranie and Caden and those two PC's are in the infirmary, while you are still in Ranie's office. If you want to have had Dan go to the infirmary also, and maybe be walking in to add the dialogue, that is cool, just let me know.

watanabe

"Yeah, never underestimate what a person will be willing to do for credits.  Work for a repair company in the bad part of town, and you'll see a wide variety of what beings will do to earn and spend their creds." She looked around at the others.  "Now I could use a good shot or five of something strong, I haven't had a good drink since I got to this backwater slum."

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Mar 22, 2009, 07:16 PM
[OOC:] Hey Matt, Dan is adding to a conversation between Ranie and Caden and those two PC's are in the infirmary, while you are still in Ranie's office. If you want to have had Dan go to the infirmary also, and maybe be walking in to add the dialogue, that is cool, just let me know.

OOC: I like Dan's addition - maybe dropping in on the two just as Caden finishes speaking? I think it adds to the scene.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

[OOC:] Works for me, too. Just RP it out for continuity.  ;D

tomcat

Ranie and Caden both looked up as Dan Qinos walked into the infirmary, adding to the conversation. "The question is, how high up?" asked Ranie in response to Caden's remarks.

Qinos held out his hand with a piece of paper and showed the two the details he and Brim had found on the storage business. The code cylinder was not the 'key', per se, to whatever kind of locker that Seelig had, although it would act as one. The facility opened at 8:00 AM the next day.

Kara and Brim were left alone, with Sam, in the office and the Corellian decided she would find what she desired herself. Always loving a hunt, Brim decided to accompany her - as both found the droid a bit boring to be around. Kara left the spacious office and wandered around a bit, making her way through the living room, past a kitchen area, and finally to... a game room? Yes, two large billiards tables sat side by side and a dart board hung on the wall. There was also a long bar at the far end of the room and she and Brim hurried over to it. The back shelf was lined with many liquors, most native to the planet, but a few unique bottles that had may their way out on some merchant's freighter.