• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 06:31 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Decisions

Started by tomcat, Mar 05, 2009, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianM

Mar 25, 2009, 01:08 PM #30 Last Edit: Mar 26, 2009, 10:13 AM by BrianM
Never one to turn down a free beverage, Brim slipped behind the bar, found two glasses, and picked an interesting looking bottle of local fare. The Rodian poured two substantial drinks and slid one over to Kara.

"It seems we share the same fate ... Kara is it? You and I both stumbled into this group by chance, and now we find ourselves in the midst of an interesting hunt ... er ... mystery."

donimator

In typical boring droid fashion, Sam takes the lull in action to perform his routine hour shutdown for maintenance. If uninterrupted he will be good for another 100 hours (take that organics!)

watanabe

Kara made her way around the bar hoping for a bottle of Daranu, it had been a long time since she had tasted the beverage made from terriberries, and then fermented in the sweetgreen fruit hard nut shells.  It was an amazing drink, and she usually tried to have a few quickly, as 30 minutes after the first one, the alcohol would kick in, and it would be lights out.

OOC:

Just for those who want to expand their star wars alcohol list:

http://blogs.starwars.com/abelgpena/23

Abel Pena, the author, is one of the writers for several of the star wars saga edition sourcebooks.

tomcat

Quote from: donimator on Mar 26, 2009, 04:20 AM(take that organics!)

[OOC:] That's great, Don! (D Yea, Sam will be uninterrupted, as the whole of the team will be bedding in for the night. I am still trying to get some kind of answer as to where the group wants to go next, but I will continue to probe with dialogue...

Also, I am not real knowledgable with off-world foods, drinks and games... so if billiards and darts were not in Star Wars, insert what you'd like. But, I am going to make the assumption that since there are humans out there, they too would like to hit a ball and throw a dart. Thanks for the beverage list, Nick, that is a huge help. ;D

Kara was ecstatic to see the small fifth of Daranu sitting there on the top shelf. She grabbed the bottle even as Brim finished pouring her a drink. Looking up, knowing what she did about the liquer, she gave the Rodian a smile and then grabbed another couple snifters and poured two shots of her own.

In the infirmary, Kal looked to the two men he had hired to do his investigation, "We need to search this storage place for any of Seelig's possessions. I want to know what he had there needing stored, and again, if it is personal, I want you to keep it quiet." Then the senator looked to the girl, "Have you questioned the young lady at all?"

She was his only key to his friend's death and Kal wondered if it were best to get her off this planet.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: I apologize about that... skimmed right over the changes in venues  :-[

"Not yet, the excitement of two gunfights and people out to get her has worn her down -- and us, frankly.  We should get to that tomorrow before heading over to the storage unit, though.  I have a feeling that more answers, more questions, and more blaster bolts will be coming shortly," cautioned Quinos.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

"Very well," said Ranie. "Caden, you get some rest and feel better. I will show the rest of your friends to their accomodations. You shall continue your investigation with first light."

In the game hall, Brim and Kara stared at the walls and each had a sheepish grin (if a Rodian could grin). The Daranu had had its quick effect and both didn't feel the need to rise from their seats. Heads slumped as the alcohol worked its magic.

In the office, Sam's optics lit up and the droid came out of his rest cycle. The room was dark, as was the rest of the house and so the droid only moved about as needed. He stood quietly waiting for his companions to awake.

The rest of the Senator's house, lay quiet in slumber.

[OOC:] You may see the XP table to see the rewards given thus far.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The next morning dawned with brilliant sunshine and the large manor slowly came to life. Huge windows framed the ocean side of the house, and Dan stood there with Brim admiring the natural beauty of Bakura. The coastline stretched off as far as the eye could see and was a mix of rocky cliffs, topped with a huge evergreen forest, and deep blue oceans far below. Add in the sun and Dan couldn't imagine a more spectacular sight.

The morning bell chimed the call to breakfast and the two gave each other a nod, one following the other. Brim wondered what had happened to Kara. Was she still snoozing in the bar? He had risen earlier and made his way to his room. He had very little after effect from the booze, his Rodian biology absorbing and disposing of the toxins.

[OOC:] Everyone is in the dining room eating breakfast, please RP amongst yourselves to decide your plan of action. Thanks.

watanabe

Kara stumbled into the room, her hair a mess, looking like she had gone 10 rounds with a Rancor the previous night.  She found her way to an empty chair and more fell into it, than sat.  While the sight was beautiful to most, she was blocking light from reaching her eyes and groaned.

"Man, that Daranu is some amazing stuff, you could knock a Rancor half-way across the sector with a bottle of that stuff."  Kara looked around the table looking for something along the lines of soft fruit or bread that she could eat.

sdrotar

Mar 29, 2009, 10:44 PM #38 Last Edit: Mar 29, 2009, 10:53 PM by sdrotar
Caden, feeling much better after the bacta treatment, walked into the room and stopped at the window to make a low whistle.
"Nice view," he said. "I'm obviously in the wrong line of work."

Flopping himself down in the first open chair he could find, Caden started wolfing down one of everything that was within reach. While not quite ill-mannered, he definitely carried himself at the table like a man who was used to eating alone.

He looked around sheepishly and realized what he was doing; not that it stopped him.

"I was thinking," he blurted out in a muffled tone, as he was still chewing on... something. "We should check out that storage center today, yeah?"

He swallowed his bite and then continued, to no one in particular. "But let's shoot first this time."

The next sound of his mouth was a sharp crunch as he swiftly bit into an unidentified fruit. Caden held it up and looked at it oddly, as if he didn't recognize what it was. Then he shrugged his shoulders and gobbled the last of it down.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

Kara groaned at Caden.

"Do you mind chewing a little bit quieter?"  She started looking around the table for a cup of caf to help nurse her massive hangover.

BrianM

Never one to turn down a free meal, Brim sat at the table contentedly munching on a modest selection of the foods offered. As he swallowed a particulary tasty bit, he noticed how Kara suffered across the table. It always amused the Rodian how humans loved their drink so much, but could barely handle it, usually paying a price the following day.

After Caden suggested the course of action for the day, Brim added, "Let us hope that no shooting will be required today, friend Caden. After all, we will be in a public place in the daylight. Shall we take a more discreet approach?"

sdrotar

Quote from: BrianM on Mar 30, 2009, 08:26 AM
After Caden suggested the course of action for the day, Brim added, "Let us hope that no shooting will be required today, friend Caden. After all, we will be in a public place in the daylight. Shall we take a more discreet approach?"

After hearing Brim's remark, Caden quipped, "We were in a public place in the daylight yesterday..."

He then looked to Kara and said something that sounded like "sorry", but it was difficult to tell since he was already back to gnawing on another muffin.

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

Kara nodded and stood up.

"Where is the refresher in this place?  I need to use the bathroom."

donimator

Sam activated from his post in the room and managed a mechanical "Good morning" to the group. He walked over to the table and pulled out a chair as if to sit, then not trusting in its sturdiness remained standing.

"Of the men who attacked us, I could only identify two in the planetary records. The leader, Cho, the one who followed us to the bar, is just a hired gun. He did have a ticket booked to Rodia, though."

"Brim, do you have any contact on your planet that might be able to look into that a bit more? Any plans he may have had after arrival? Seems a strange place just to visit..."

Then considering his last remark he looked again to Brim, trying to inject a hint of courtesy into his vocalizer, "No offense, Brim. It is a big galaxy, so why Rodia? I am just curious if he had a reason for going there relsated to all of this."

BrianM

Mar 31, 2009, 10:22 AM #44 Last Edit: Mar 31, 2009, 10:33 AM by BrianM
Brim turned to Sam. "Unfortunately, I haven't been to Rodia for many, many years. There's no one for me to contact there. As to why this Cho would go there ... we do know that there was a Rodian among the group that attacked the Senator. I'm confident this will be confirmed by the young woman. Perhaps Cho and the Rodian planned to travel together."

"No offense has been taken, Sam. Sadly, because of the actions of a few, my people have become known as thugs and ruffians throughout the galaxy. Rodia is like any other planet, though - it has great beauty, and many good people."

Staring at the table and shaking his head, Brim added, "My young nephew Greedo, though ... unfortunately he is one who seems destined for trouble ... I foresee him as having a tendency to shoot first."

;D
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Han_shot_first