• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 04:13 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The ford - round 3

Started by tomcat, Mar 18, 2017, 01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Mar 18, 2017, 01:13 PM Last Edit: Mar 21, 2017, 09:48 AM by tomcat
Situation: The company crosses the ford to confront the slavers that wait there

The Ford Guard

Combat Advantage dice:
• Arbogast 1 die
• Rorin 3 dice

Situation Modifiers:
• Gaushnol and Todar have initiative
• This is round 2 of the effects of Bandy's stone of Ardillon

Physical Modifiers (complications):
The ford has  a great deal of large stones with algae covering them making things slippery. If a character rolls an  :~~:  in combat, they must roll a TN 12 Athletics roll or fall prone

PC/NPC PARRY :+~: ARMOUR :<>: HOPE :vv: END :<3: STANCE ENEMY PARRY ARMOUR HATE END NOTES
Arbogast
Bandy
Esgalwen
Grimbeorn
Rorin

6 (shield +3)
9 (shield n/a)
6/9 [skirmisher] (shield n/a)
6/9 [giant strength] (shield +4)
4 (shield n/a)

2d (headgear +1)
1d (headgear n/a)
1d (headgear n/a)
none (headgear +1)
5d (headgear n/a)

10/16
13/18
10/12
10/12
10/10

12/26
15/22 WOUNDED
24/27 WOUNDED
8/31 WOUNDED
21/34

Defensive
Forward
Defensive
Defensive
Open

Gaushnol
Todar
--
--
--

#
#
#

3d+1
3d
#d
#d
#d

3/8
2/7
#/#
#/#
#/#

DEAD
74/84
#/#
#/#
#/#
• in melee
• in melee
• in melee
• in melee
• in melee
STANCES
Forward - action order 1
Close combat
TN 6+ parry
Forward Stance maneuvers
:<>:Open - action order 2
Close combat
TN 9+ parry
Open Stance maneuvers
:<>:Defensive - action order 3
Close combat
TN 12+ parry
Defensive Stance maneuvers
:<>:Rearward - action order 4
Ranged combat
Must be 2 other PC's in Close Combat
May not use if outnumbered 2:1

TN 12+ parry
Rearward Stance maneuvers
:<>:From any Stance
Escape combat
Must start in Rearward or roll
TN 10 + highest attribute level
of opponents Athletics roll. On success,
may safely flee from the scene of combat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc:

• Esgalwen stays Defensive and will Protect Companion for Grimbeorn

Bad Guys...

• Gaushnol spends 1 HATE point to activate Wicked Cunning this round

• Gaushnol spends 1 HATE point to be able to attack a companion while in the Light of the Stone.

• Gaushnol attacks (second attack is only realized on a great or extraordinary result).

• Todar spends 1 HATE point to be able to attack a companion while in the Light of the Stone (even though he is only partially affected by it, as Bandy is outside the simple shack).

Gaushnol attacks the hated Dwarf!
TN 13 broad-bladed sword 3d6+6
:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 3d6+6 : 2, 2, 5 + 6, total 15

:dmg: 6   edge: 10   injury: 14

If attack hits with great or extraordinary, he spend the Hate point to use Savage Assault

TN 13 orc-axe 3d6
:00: 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 2, 2, total 5

:dmg: 6   edge: :~~:   injury: 16

Todar throws a stone at Bandy
TN 15 stone throw 2d6+7
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6+7 : 2, 5 + 7, total 14

:dmg: 7   edge: :~~:   injury: 14

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

OOC:should be three hate points to attack me.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

I guess the description does say close combat.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: I have not been able to achieve one great success for this orc to get his second attack in 3 rounds!

And ouch to Bandy!

Results

• Rorin is hit with a 19 success for 6 END loss

• Bandy is hit with an :~~: success for 7 END loss and must make a protection test

TN 14 armour 1d
:00: 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

tomcat

Mar 18, 2017, 01:33 PM #5 Last Edit: Mar 18, 2017, 01:37 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Telcontar on Mar 18, 2017, 01:27 PMOOC:should be three hate points to attack me.

:ooc: Oops! You are correct. I will edit my post.

• Bandy is now WOUNDED

Telcontar

The stone smashed into the Hobbit with a savage blow leaving him bloody and battered, but the gem still shone forth its light.  He held his arm up in defiance of the troll drew his blade and rushed the troll in the cabin.

"The Shire!"

Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7

Rolled 3d6 : 3, 3, 3, total 9
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn circles the orc, keeping himself in the fray but taking stock of the situation.  He tries to stay between the freed people and the attackers.  "Get out of here," he calls to them.  "We must focus on the troll!"

:ooc: grimbeorn uses Command.
 :00: This dice roll has been tampered with!
Battle -  1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 3d6 : 6, 5, 6, total 17
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Darn you people posting so much.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Mar 18, 2017, 02:15 PM #9 Last Edit: Mar 18, 2017, 02:49 PM by tomcat
:ooc: that is an awesome roll, Matt.

Too bad it wasn't an attack roll.

Grimbeorn rewards 3 bonus action dice for all the PCs to use, although only one may be used by a PC - in this round or next.

Tom, Bandy hits!

The troll suffers 5 END loss.

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: ya I know, near perfect... I hope this helps.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

The words were barely out of the Hobbits mouth when his face curled into a snarl and ran to the dark gap that was the shelters doorway. Stabbing into the darkness he found troll flesh and the light blazed to fill the room.

"Taste my blade and the light of the west foul beast of darkness!"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: I was waiting on Steve to post so that we would have the attacks in stance order, but I am going to go ahead and take care of Esgalwen now. I removed Weariness for Grimbeorn and Arbogast.

The Hobbit's stone had made a change in the momentum of combat. Yes, the companions were feeling the weight of wounds and weariness but the orc was gravely wounded and Bandy had struck a blow on the troll. Hope was kindled.

"You will die this day, orc, and your bones will bleach white under the sun," said Esgalwen as she maneuvered around her enemy. "I promise you."

Gaushnol gave a laugh, "Many men have said the same, female, and they were proven wrong. It will be you that bleeds into this river. Once my lads get here, you will all be beat...but not slain. Oh no, we will send you to the mountain. And from there...a much darker place."

The only answer the orc received was a quick feint and then pressed attack from the Ranger.

Esgalwen attacks
TN 29 longsword 4d
:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 4d6 : 6, 5, 4, 4, total 19

:dmg: 7   edge: 9   injury: 18

tomcat

:ooc: Esgalwen will use one of Grimbeorn's awarded success die

Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

tomcat

:ooc: Well, that was what I needed, but you think maybe she could get an additional :%: ? Nooope!

Anyway...

• Esgalwen hits with a 29 great success for 13 END loss and a piercing attack.

Gaushnol protection test
TN 18 armour 3d+1
:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 3d6+1 : 1, 3, 5 + 1, total 10