• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:20 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The ford - round 4

Started by tomcat, Mar 21, 2017, 09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The Dwarf could hear the scuffle and roar of the troll within the structure, as Bandy held it at bay through the light of his stone. Rorin's crafty-mind worked quickly to appraise the stone and wood to find its weakness; to find where the load-bearing stones were within the mix. It did not take long for his keen eyes to find it, and he placed his hands upon the large slab in hopes to find a grip. If he could wrench it free, the pile of wood above would tumble from above and reveal the interior of the structure to the sun.

Esgalwen had been standing at the ready to race in and help Bandy and Arbogast, but the interior space of the troll's hut was quite limited - especially for swinging and stabbing weapons. While she waited to see an opportunity, the activity of Rorin caught her eye. She saw the Dwarf had found what he was looking for and was trying to work the large stone out of the stack.

Sheathing her sword, Esgalwen quickly grabbed a long branch that lay on the rocky riverside and raced to aid her friend. Using the branch like a lever, she wedged it into the stack of stones and pushed.

:ooc: Anyone who works on bringing down the troll hut - it will need to be an Extended-test with an aggregate of 80. What this means is each person must make a successful Athletics test TN 14 result to be counted. If successful, each roll will be added up. Once the aggregate reaches 80, the structure will begin cave in and fall apart. If questions, feel free to ask.

Esgalwen Athletics test
TN 14/b] athletics 1d+4*
:00: 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 1d6+4 : 2 + 4, total 6

*bonus for using a prying implement
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Structure aggregate 16 / 80
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

disench4nted

With the ranger standing by his side pulling as well, Rorin dug feet into the dirt and pushed with all the force his stout frame could muster.

:ooc:

TN 14 Athletics
Rolled 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

disench4nted

And adding all my advantage dice for the encounter to the roll

Rolled 3d6 : 6, 1, 5, total 12

disench4nted

Crap, just realized that I've already taken my action for this round....

I'll be gone at a wedding all weekend, so if you could just apply these rolls to the next round that would be great!  ;D
Rorin's priority is the hut until it's taken down.

tomcat

:ooc: no problem, Steve. I meant to start the new thread after I posted for Esgalwen.

Telcontar

:ooc: i'm going to try the stabby stab one more time in round 5 and then get the hck out of there.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18