• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 11:57 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Earthen Ramparts

Started by tomcat, Nov 30, 2011, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

:ooc: Behold The Dice Roller strikes again... :roll:

tomcat

:ooc: It is easy for everyone to judge that it would be a tight squeeze to bring the Aegis down in this area of the valley.

As for Kara, I will give Nick some time to reply. He hasn't replied to any of the PM's I sent, so even though he still hangs out here and plays in Don's game, not sure if he has much interest with Black Sun. If he replies, he can let us know what he is doing, otherwise I will RP Kara.

John is still down with a messed up laptop, so just give me your basic instructions over your phone, John, and I will take care of all the dice rolls.

It will take approximately a forty-five minutes for the Aegis to be warmed up and then launch and fly to the attack. Due to that fact, Kaida can easily take 10 on her Tactics roll instead of using the die roll.

Last question, is Kaida communicating all of this via an open channel on her helmet to the entire team?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: I think at this point we can posse up without Fett and talk about this instead of broadcasting it all out there. Everyone is the same approx area and we have been trying to war game out an approach.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

Dec 20, 2011, 01:48 AM #93 Last Edit: Dec 20, 2011, 02:02 AM by donimator
 :ooc:Doug, I've forgotten if it has been mentioned - does Fett have the missile launcher on his armour or does he wear an earlier iteration?

:-[ Nevermind, found it - should have checked his stat block! Thinking...

donimator

Sam huddled in and spoke with little emotion in his vocabulator, "The speeders are an asset for moving quickly and for firepower. What if Fett could blow the gate with his backpack? We could snipe from here while four move up on speeders, hit the gate, then the passengers and Fett hold the breach while the speeders return to pick up the rest. Then we can use the blasters on the speeders to punch our way up position by position...if Fett will follow along. He must be up there somewhere."

Telcontar

"I wouldnt advise buzzing by the web blaster more than once before its destroyed. If we can get into the tower that will also offer us some protection from the snipers."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

sdrotar

Quote from: donimator on Dec 20, 2011, 03:42 AM
Sam huddled in and spoke with little emotion in his vocabulator, "The speeders are an asset for moving quickly and for firepower. What if Fett could blow the gate with his backpack? We could snipe from here while four move up on speeders, hit the gate, then the passengers and Fett hold the breach while the speeders return to pick up the rest. Then we can use the blasters on the speeders to punch our way up position by position...if Fett will follow along. He must be up there somewhere."

Making sure his comlink was off, Caden said, "Fett's running his own game; we just happen to be on the same side... for now. I wouldn't expect him to take any orders - or even suggestions - from us."

At the sabacc table, Caden had allied with other players to take out a weaker one many times, but in the end, they always ended up fighting each other over the final pot.

"We'll just have to keep our heads up and be ready to take advantage of whatever he does, because he won't be looking out for us forever."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

Dec 20, 2011, 02:55 PM #97 Last Edit: Dec 20, 2011, 03:00 PM by Jingo
Quote from: tomcat on Dec 19, 2011, 08:19 PM
:ooc: ...

It will take approximately a forty-five minutes for the Aegis to be warmed up and then launch and fly to the attack. Due to that fact, Kaida can easily take 10 on her Tactics roll instead of using the die roll.

Last question, is Kaida communicating all of this via an open channel on her helmet to the entire team?

:ooc: Cool. I'll take a 10 then. And yes, she'll communicate over the team channel so Fett can be appraised of their final plan...whatever that is and wherever he is... unless there's possbility of the communications being listened in on. I myself don't know much about that, but Kaida might. I figured we'd have things encrypted though...

Jingo

Quote from: sdrotar on Dec 20, 2011, 09:32 AM
Quote from: donimator on Dec 20, 2011, 03:42 AM

Making sure his comlink was off, Caden said, "Fett's running his own game; we just happen to be on the same side... for now. I wouldn't expect him to take any orders - or even suggestions - from us."

At the sabacc table, Caden had allied with other players to take out a weaker one many times, but in the end, they always ended up fighting each other over the final pot.

"We'll just have to keep our heads up and be ready to take advantage of whatever he does, because he won't be looking out for us forever."

Kaida didn't trust Fett, and it unnerved her that he could be off selling them out at this very moment. But her friends seemed to trust him, she decided she would try to rely on their judgement. Besides now wasn't the time to sow seeds of discord. They needed to act as a team. It didn't help that Fett was out doing his own thing. She ground her teeth.

"Lets do it then. Times ticking... Stay hidden until the Aegis shows up then take out your assigned targets."

sdrotar

Caden picked up his comlink and opened a secure channel to the Aegis.
"Kara," he said, "since you're all rested up over there, how're your nerves going to stand up to some tight flying? The secret's out over here - we're going to need you to come in low and take out any and all military towers you see."

He paused.
"And if everything goes south, be ready to pick us up so we can get out of here in a hurry."

Caden hoped it didn't come to that - he didn't want to see Antturrus really mad. But Antturrus wasn't going to eat him alive. The Nexu in this swamp might.

Posterboy

:ooc:Quick question... what are the sniper blinds made from... are the just up in a tree? Can Farok or Brim cut through some of the support beams with the lightsabers and bring down the blind? Otherwise, I think Brim will look to stealth up the blind and take out the snipers well they are distracted by either the speeder bike or the Aegis.

Sorry for my delinquency in posting... I work for a church, so the Christmas season gets a little crazy 'round here.  #:S

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Im back :) Laptop is humming

Logar didnt like the idea waiting any longer. But he was a soldier, he followed orders. Things would likely get crazy enough to satisfy even his bloodlust. He stayed low in the brush. His hands had a slight shake but it wasnt uncontrollable yet. He gave Kaida a wave. "Just tell me where to go when the shooting starts." He decided he would tongue-kiss a Nexu for a cup of caf. Or even just for fun at this point. He hoped Kara wasnt passed out on the Aegis.

tomcat

Dec 21, 2011, 07:07 PM #102 Last Edit: Dec 21, 2011, 07:24 PM by tomcat
Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Dec 19, 2011, 04:02 AMOOC: UA Combat Roll(1d20)+1: 17,+1 Total:18
Grapple Roll(1d20)+9: 9,+9 Total:18    Wow this roller has been kind to  me so far... yup im gonna jinx it.
BIT will grab at the guard to grapple, pinning arms in bars.

:ooc: Hey Matt, excellent Deception roll, obviously the Gran guard suspects nothing out of the ordinary. But I am re-tooling the Grapple roll. The rules say you need the Pin or Trip Feat to be able to Grapple, otherwise a PC can only do a grab - so that is what your roll will be for. It works out the same for what you are trying to accomplish, but the Gran can break the grab with a simple Standard action.

So, we will use your Unarmed combat roll, which is a success, and the Gran's arm is grabbed through the bars...

To answer the questions:

Don - yea, as you saw, Fett has missiles on his jet pack.

Jared - the communication units between you guys are encrypted.

And Aryn - the sniper blind is nothing more than a wooden circular platform with supports nailed into the tree that goes round its trunk (see picture below - though the pic is not of this particular blind).

The Gran guard reached through the bars and took the plate and cup from BIT, not noticing the slight tremor that shook both. Whether it was fear of the deadly creature within, or the adrenaline that now coursed his body, BIT was unsure as he leapt into action.

The guard had taken the cup which had the plate propped on top of it, in his one hand and with the other removed the banged up metal dish. He needed to do so, so that the items could be pulled through the bars. At the same time, BIT quickly reached out and grabbed the Gran's hand holding the plate, and yanked him hard into the bars, pinning him there. The jostling stirred the Piatic spider and it quickly climbed the side of the cup and leapt on the guard's hand. The agitated arachnid sunk its fangs into the exposed skin and emptied its poison sacks. The Gran felt the bite like a sting and it cried out, dropping the plate as it did, even while he pulled to free himself from BIT. The spider fell from its prey and landed on the floor, scurrying off into shadows.

Fire began to rage up the Gran's arm from the bite on the hand. The poison was almost instantaneous in breaking down the arterial flesh. BIT knew that the human body took only a minute or less to circulate its entire blood supply. If the Gran's physiology were the same, even with the poison diluted by the blood, it would be attacking the guards entire body within that amount of time. He had to just hold on and wait.

A massive explosion would interrupt his plan.

Kara heard Caden's voice and she listened intently. She was none too thrilled about starting the Aegis up and flying it into combat, especially when there was said to be anti-aircraft batteries around the Deathstick facility. Who knew the range of those?

"...And if everything goes south, be ready to pick us up so we can get out of here in a hurry."

"Oh, I am sure that that will be the way of it," Kara said to no one, although Farok's Twi'lek girl was listening in. The mech turned and saw her and continued, "All right, I am going to need some help getting this bird ready to fly."

The two walked towards the flight deck so that the pre-flight procedures could be started. On her way, Kara hit a button that sealed the inner and outer airlocks. She would have the ship ready for more than just planetary flight... it'd be ready to go to orbit and beyond.

Fett heard Kaida speaking through the comm set to him and the rest of her companions. Bringing in the ship? What the hell were they doing? Boba Fett knew that taking up with these amateurs was going to be dangerous. Now they were really going to alert the damned Dugs of a potential threat!

What Kaida and her friends didn't realize was this was law of the jungle around here - Dugs and Grans were still fighting over territory on this planet. Small encounters were daily happenings, whether it was pirates, smugglers, or raids by some faction or other amongst the planet's inhabitants. The way the team was talking, they were expecting an army to be ready to take them on. These were mercenaries; that was all. And for each it all came down to who paid the most money!

Jango Fett had single-handedly walked down this valley all the way into Sebolto's compound and watched as the King of the Dugs died, falling off of a ledge in a ventilation shaft. He encountered these same sort of thugs along the way - drug dealers, basically. But a team of six individuals, who seemed to have their mettle were unsure of what to do next.

Fett shook his head. "These frakking nerfs don't even have communication equipment along this valley that is worth a damn!" he thought. "Who the hell are they going to tell we're here."

Now Caden was going to bring in his ship and do a full on attack along their ingress, which would definitely tell the Dugs about an intended raid on their facility. That would cause them to seriously lock things down. The bounty hunter needed to do something - he needed to take away this teams' apprehensions and get them to buck up.

He hit his comm unit to speak back to his companions, "You people really know how to turn something into a big pile of bantha poodoo. Just follow me."

Fett squeezed tighter his carbine blaster rifle and switched it to auto. Within his helmet, his eyes glanced across his HUD and with a blink he activated the rocket pack on his back. There was a small roar of flame that brightly lit the fading darkness and a missile launched towards the tower.

Kaida listened to the communications going on between Caden and Kara, along with the other proposed ideas from Sam, Brim and Farok. All the while her mind began to think through the tactical situation applying the training she had received, while schooling in her homeworld's military academy - something required of all Commenor nobility, although it was mostly a formality since but a few nobles actually went on to serve in the military.

She could see the poor lighting of the area, though fields of fire had been cleared. Kaida could see that one of the Grans above looked like he was sleeping. She could see that none were taking much interest in their jobs. The noblewoman could see that these were not soldiers. They might have big guns, but the likelihood that they would be able to put them to cohesive use as a team was probably faint.

Caden finished his call to Kara and nodded that the ball was now in motion - the Aegis was on her way. That was when they all heard Fett's scathing transmission and then the area around the watchtower grew bright as a missile flared from the ground and went straight towards the tower roof and the E-Web blaster there.

:ooc: With Kaida's successful tactics use, she will now extend a +2 to any within her LOS if she activates her Born Leader ability.

Fett's attack post will be in a new series of combat threads. The first round is a surprise round that goes to the players.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Farok heard the bounter hunter broadcast to the group. "Oh, armored arny has decided that he knows how to cross an open field of snipers and web blasters, from a supreme position that he has found, on his own, that equates to certain victory."

Farok put the cigar back in his mouth and put his feet up on a stump. He struck a match from somewhere and tried to get the jungle damp cigar lit.

He spoke from around the stub of the cigar, "If he succeeds we win, if he fails we win. Back on Ryloth they call that a win win." Farok threw the cowl of his robes over his head to cover his eyes and blew smoke rings in the jungle. "We wouldnt want to foil this supreme act of martial prowess by getting in the way now would we?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

sdrotar

Quote from: Telcontar on Dec 21, 2011, 07:53 PM
Farok put the cigar back in his mouth and put his feet up on a stump. He struck a match from somewhere and tried to get the jungle damp cigar lit.

He spoke from around the stub of the cigar, "If he succeeds we win, if he fails we win. Back on Ryloth they call that a win win." Farok threw the cowl of his robes over his head to cover his eyes and blew smoke rings in the jungle. "We wouldnt want to foil this supreme act of martial prowess by getting in the way now would we?"

Caden snapped back to Fett, "If you weren't so fond of disappearing, you might have told us sooner."
They needed Fett, of course, and apparently he needed them, but Caden had gotten tired of being ordered around.

He looked to Farok next. "It's tempting, but Kara's en route. One way on another, we'd better get moving."