• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 10:55 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Tatooine heat

Started by tomcat, Jun 16, 2011, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Jul 22, 2011, 08:14 AM
Antturus looked at Caden but his face displayed nothing - no humor, no interest... nothing. "So," he began. "you want to talk now?" Caden nodded. "Well, let me continue by saying that there is also an Imperial Governor, Thieraan, that has you in his sights, too. Two Imperial Senators were murdered within his region and all he has to peg it on is you. Not sure what you guys did, but it seems you really got your asses in a bind. Nothing a governor with aspirations would want better than to bring to justice some heinous murderers."

The whiskey and water showed up. Jareen sipped first from the frosty glass, and then poured the alcohol into two rocks glasses that had been left by the waitress. He drew from the drink and swished the dark liquid around his mouth, enjoying its strong warmth. "I know a lot of what is going on... Seelig, before he was killed, had his body marred on the forehead with a symbol of two concentric circles. Do you know what that is?" He didn't wait for Caden to answer, "Why don't you tell me what you know."

"What I don't know could fill a book," Caden replied. "The second senator, Kal Ranie, was a good friend of mine. He brought me in to see what I could scrounge up on Seelig's death - he wanted to keep the investigation quiet."

Caden figured that if Anturrus had wanted to sell them out, he could have done so already.

"Seelig was dead before I even came to the planet - Kal's call was the only reason I even went there in the first place. Anyway, something went south - Kal may have gotten too close to the wrong people. They killed him; destroyed his whole mansion, and my ship and its crew - what was left of them, at least - barely got away with our own lives."

Caden seemed exasperated. "They tried to kill all of us, too - and got my co-pilot. Then the next thing we know, the murders of both men are being pinned on us, and we've been running."

"We were set up; I have two friends dead on that planet, and it's pretty clear that we're to take the fall in order to hide something. I figure our only chance is to find out what that is. We can't run forever - I'm good, but not that good."

Had he said too much? His guess was that he didn't give Antturus anything that he didn't already know.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

Kara felt herself floating and went off to sleep, dreaming of racing speeders, drinking expensive corellian brandy, and BBQ'ing nerf.

tomcat

Jul 27, 2011, 02:53 PM #92 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011, 07:59 AM by tomcat
Antturus looked at Caden. He knew the Bestinian was telling the truth. "So... we have an honest merchant in this galaxy after all?" He smiled at his own remark. "You stepped in it deep, along with all of your friends."

The lean, well-dressed figure took another pull from his glass and studied Caden for a minute more. He breathed deep and continued, "Okay... I represent some people who are very concerned about the events on Bakura. The Rodian that assassinated Seelig was an idiot. He made the wrong move and has paid for it dearly. If his direction came from Varta, then there is going to be issues for the Hutts. The Shadow that was sent in to clean things up has also botched things to a degree that it appears the best way to make it all go away is to go to the source of the problem. You.

Caden looked incredulously at Antturus. How were they the problem?

Jareen continued, "As I said, the Empire is interested; the Hutts are interested; and finally, the Bando Gora have now stirred up once again. I will explain: When Varta began to move into this region and bring the drug namana to the streets - a drug that is highly controlled by the Bakuran government and church due to its religious uses - it created a few problems. First, it required their inside man, Seelig, to get the Hutt's people product. He, as you already can assume, got greedy and is now dead for his troubles. The namana product on the street has caused the Bando Gora to become interested as it is interfering with their tremendous Death Stick business. Finally, the Rodian, Puk, tried to implicate another party in Seelig's murder.

"So... here we are." Caden's face spoke volumes, but primarily it was how did Jareen Antturus know so much? He received his answer, "The people I represent took a major offense to this. We do not care if the Gora fill the streets with dirty drugs, or if the Hutt's want to get in on the business with their own, but we will not be imputed.

"We sent the Shadow to clean things up, but through subterfuge. Varta believed that the dark-jedi worked for him. Unfortunately, he too has caused nothing but trouble. Granted it lies on Varta... and you. Still, we are willing to help, if you are willing to help. The Empire is a huge obstacle, but we have people on the inside that can make changes, or distract Thieraan with a new issue. Varta the Hutt can be bought out. All of this we are willing to do, if you and your friends will do one thing for us... kill the Shadow.

"Since Jovan Station, when you saw him last, he had been saved and taken by agents of the Bando Gora. The cult has been quiet and leaderless since Komari Vosa was slain by Jango Fett eighteen cycles ago. We assume that the Shadow was taken so that he might once more fill the gap of leader, which the Gora need to maintain their fellowship."

Jareen looked at Caden, "Kill the dark jedi and cut this cult's head from its body, and we will assist in making all of your challenges disappear."

Sam dropped the transponder on the ground and smashed it under his metallic foot. Logar looked around the docking bay, making sure that no one was there but them. Brim came down the landing ramp with Farok and Danjapa in tow, "Well, she is in her bed. I do not envy her morning."

:ooc: I need Farok and Brim to give me a UtF check against the following roll:

:00: Opposed UtF +19
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+19 : 8 + 19, total 27

Brim's UtF check
DC above Use the Force +8
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+8 : 9 + 8, total 17
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Farok UtF+10
Rolled 1d20+10 : 15 + 10, total 25
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

:ooc: is this one of those times were i should use a point to boost the roll?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: It is not an essential moment, so save your points.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: I save my points
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

The light of day was now quickly fading and shadows filled the docking bay where the companions stood, made darker by the mass of the Aegis above them. The quartet chatted quietly to themselves about Kara, but also to get to know one another, as Farok was new to them all. The one-armed man reiterated much that he had already told Brim, except their conversations about the Force. Words also went back and forth regarding the small electronic transponder and what challenges it might now bring for them. To be on guard was the unspoken agreement.

It was then that they all became aware of another standing under the Aegis, near her back starboard landing strut. A cloaked figure that was deeply shadowed due to the lack of light.

Telcontar

Farok stared at the spot where the person had appeared. He assumed by the reaction of his companions that this was not another of their friends.  He squared off to the new comer and lowered his hood, "A desert creature knows to hide from the light, but silence is the way of the Jinn, speak the words of welcome and water may be offered to a friend of the sands."

:ooc: I'll try and see what i can observe about this guy.
Perception+11
Rolled 1d20+11 : 8 + 11, total 19
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

sdrotar

Jul 27, 2011, 07:58 PM #99 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011, 08:01 AM by tomcat
Quote from: tomcat on Jul 27, 2011, 02:53 PM

"We sent the Shadow to clean things up, but through subterfuge. Varta believed that the dark-jedi worked for him. Unfortunately, he too has caused nothing but trouble. Granted it lies on Varta... and you. Still, we are willing to help, if you are willing to help. The Empire is a huge obstacle, but we have people on the inside that can make changes, or distract Thieraan with a new issue. Varta the Hutt can be bought out. All of this we are willing to do, if you and your friends will do one thing for us... kill the Shadow...

Jareen looked at Caden, "Kill the dark jedi and cut this cult's head from its body, and we will assist in making all of your challenges disappear."

"Wait a minute," Caden snapped. "You sent that guy, and he's almost taken us all out twice already."
Quite by accident, he realized, he had just learned everything he went to Bakura for in the first place. "Too late for Kal," he mused.

He looked to Antturus with a new-found resolve.
"One, I'm no underworld killer, and two, even if I was, I don't have any idea how to defeat this... Shadow. How come you can't clean up your own mess?"

"We're not the source of this... it sounds like you are."

Caden felt trapped. Organa's rebellion was one thing, but this was entirely another. How did it come to this, besides plain old bad luck?

Jingo

Jul 27, 2011, 09:12 PM #100 Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011, 04:51 PM by tomcat
Quote from: tomcat on Jul 27, 2011, 05:20 PM
It was then that they all became aware of another standing under the Aegis, near her back starboard landing strut. A cloaked figure that was deeply shadowed due to the lack of light.

Kaida's eyes narrowed as she studied the cloaked figure. She wondered if it was the same person she had seen trailing her earlier that afternoon on the streets while shopping with Logar.

"You. Who are you, and what do you want?" She kept her voice firm and commanding. Whomever it was, he hadn't attacked them...yet. So talking was at least still an option.

donimator

Throwing caution to the wind, Sam made sure he looked like a simple automaton. He drew his blaster and trained it on the figure, taking several steps away from the group in case something went south and he drew some fire. By all appearances, he was a simple guard droid doing his duty.

tomcat

Jul 28, 2011, 12:12 PM #102 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011, 08:00 AM by tomcat
Antturus' face cracked into a smile. A real smile. One that would normally cause Caden's skin to crawl. "It's business," he said. "That is all it ever is. You, unfortunately were on the wrong side of it... I am offering you a chance to be on the right side. Help us and we'll help you. It is that simple." He downed his drink and poured himself another glass. "The people I represent have no desire to see the Gora becoming active again. We could probably pull strings and Imperial assets could be employed, but that is like using a chain saw to perform intricate surgery. Nah... you have an interest in seeing the Shadow die, as do we. Do this and your world returns to the way it was - Caden Whitesun, small time merchant traversing the galaxy, hauling legal wares." Caden felt the mocking that was hidden in the words, but he could see Jareen was deadly serious. "Or, walk away and do nothing and it all remains the same. Your choice."

The shadowed figure raised both of his hands to show that he was unarmed, "No need for that. I have no ill intent... I am here on an errand for a mutual friend... a friend who always enjoys a Coruscant morning sunrise."

sdrotar

Jul 28, 2011, 01:16 PM #103 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011, 08:00 AM by tomcat
Quote from: tomcat on Jul 28, 2011, 12:12 PM
Antturus' face cracked into a smile. A real smile. One that would normally cause Caden's skin to crawl. "It's business," he said. "That is all it ever is. You, unfortunately were on the wrong side of it... I am offering you a chance to be on the right side. Help us and we'll help you. It is that simple." He downed his drink and poured himself another glass. "The people I represent have no desire to see the Gora becoming active again. We could probably pull strings and Imperial assets could be employed, but that is like using a chain saw to perform intricate surgery. Nah... you have an interest in seeing the Shadow die, as do we. Do this and your world returns to the way it was - Caden Whitesun, small time merchant traversing the galaxy, hauling legal wares." Caden felt the mocking that was hidden in the words, but he could see Jareen was deadly serious. "Or, walk away and do nothing and it all remains the same. Your choice."

"Shit," Caden thought. If Antturus' people had pull with the Empire, then he and the Aegis' crew were as good as dead... if Jareen wanted it that way. They were stuck, and Antturus knew it - that's probably why the man approached him so openly, Caden surmised. He could only hope that Antturus had no idea of what else they were doing... and of the passenger they were carrying.

So Caden glared back at the leering Antturus, and said the only thing he could to keep them all alive; even though the cost might be their souls.
"Where do we start? Tell me everything you know."

Telcontar

"Well come in friendship and share the cup with us. Hospitality is offered if the forms are obeyed."
Farok looked at the others to see if these strangers' words meant anything to them.
"It sounds like your friend could do with more of a night life if he is up for the sunrise."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear