• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 03:26 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Sand in places you'd never expect...

Started by tomcat, Aug 03, 2011, 04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Aug 22, 2011, 04:34 PM #30 Last Edit: Aug 22, 2011, 06:44 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Shopping list...

All will be expressed in order of item (brief benefit description), cost, and time to get it

Armor
Battle Armor (Ref bonus +8, Fort bonus +2, Max Dex +2, Move 4), 13,000 credits, 5 days
Clone Trooper Armor (Ref bonus +6, Fort bonus +2, Max Dex +3), 9,000 credits, 5 days
Commando Armor (Ref bonus +5, Fort bonus +2, Max Dex +3), 6,000 credits, 1 days
Shadowsuits (Ref bonus +1, Fort bonus +1, Max Dex +5; +5 Equip bonus to Stealth in darkness and low-light conditions), 2,400 credits, 5 days

Equipment
Helmet package (automatically comes with Perception +2, Low-light vision, and hands free comlink - Stormtrooper helmets come with MFTAS*), 4,000 credits, same day
Portable computer, 5,000 credits, same day
Security kit (tools that aid in bypassing locks and security systems), 750 credits, same day
Lectroticker (opens locks with a simple Mechanics check with a +2/quality level), 2,000 credits per +2 of quality, 5 days
Computer spikes (accesses computers with a simple Use Computer check with a +2/quality level), 2,000 credits per +2 of quality, 5 days

note: there are outlaw tech mods that can be done to items above to allow for certain options (prices and details will be provided if interested)...

• Armor can be shadowskinned and thus become a shadowsuit (as above)
  • Armor can be holo-shrouded and thus have a +10 to Stealth (more info to be provided if interested)
  • Helmet packages already come with low-light vision, infra-red can be moded into it (more info to be provided if interested)
  • GPS tracking can be modded into it, but must have an orbital ship or satellite to position (more info to be provided if interested)
  • Navigational system can be modded into it (more info to be provided if interested)
  • HUD can be modded into it, (more info to be provided if interested)

Ship upgrades
Hidden Cargo holds (25% of current Hold), 10,000 credits, 5 days to convert
Armor upgrade +2 (5 emplacement points), 25,000 credits, 8 days to convert
Maneuvering Jets +2 or +4 (2 or 3 emplacement points), 10,000 to 25,000 credits, up to 8 days
Proton Torped0 launcher (1 emplacement point), 7,500 credits (Torpedo ammunition costs 2,400 per torpedo), 2 days to convert

If there is anything I missed, let me know.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

"You are not too bright Tug, you only came here with one Trandoshan.  You know funny thing about Trandoshans is you can cut off parts of them and it will grow back.  You know that doesn't happen to work for you Tug."  Kara didn't make any sudden moves, she knew that Tug would probably expect her to be pulling out her blaster, but maybe she could talk her way out of this.

:ooc:

Init +6

Rolled 1d20+6 : 20 + 6, total 26

Callowmoryne

:ooc:  Logar is interested in the clone armor and the helmet package. If you guys are kool with spending that much of the party credits on some good armor for him he promises to get shot at alot and make himself a worthy target by blasting the crap out of our enemies???  :) 

Jingo

:ooc: Fine by me. Logar :tup:

Gm, how much is holo shroud?

Maybe we should split the funds close to down the middle.
How about 43,000 for ship upgrades and 20,000 for squad equipment? Caden, how does that sound?

The rest of you can chime in with what you think we might need most. Personally, I'd like to get at least a shadowsuit with a helmet package and maybe a security kit and a computer spike (are those one shot items or reusable?). Also, what skill does a bypassing security systems use? Use Computer? Mechanics?

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on Aug 22, 2011, 08:20 PM
:ooc: Fine by me. Logar :tup:

Gm, how much is holo shroud?

Maybe we should split the funds close to down the middle.
How about 43,000 for ship upgrades and 20,000 for squad equipment? Caden, how does that sound?

The rest of you can chime in with what you think we might need most. Personally, I'd like to get at least a shadowsuit with a helmet package and maybe a security kit and a computer spike (are those one shot items or reusable?). Also, what skill does a bypassing security systems use? Use Computer? Mechanics?

:ooc: That's fine with me. Honestly, I don't really know what the best use of our funds would be, equipment-wise. I just figure that if the ship goes down, we all do, so we should probably increase our survivability there. As to how and what works best for that, I'm just guessing. Plus, I'm trying to stay in character a bit and have Caden think of his ship first, but it's true that most of our encounters have been ground-based, so we shouldn't skimp there, either.

I don't get too techie with Star Wars - after all, Han Solo took down the Empire wearing only a vest and a wide-open collar!  B-) - so I'll leave that to you.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

Farok had been practicing with Brim for several days and both seemed to be enjoying the exercise and the refinement of their skills. Other than that he had remained somewhat aloof from the rest of the group. He had been listening to their plans and how best to use their resources. From what he gathered they were attempting to locate someone who was imprisoned as well as a dark Jedi that was on the loose somewhere. As the conversation drifted towards future plans Farok chimed in.

"Simple is sometimes best. More equipment and technology will draw more attention to your actions and make you more identifiable. I may just be a paranoid old man, but focusing your efforts on being able to disappear or remain hidden would be my advice.  Modifications to detect trackers, or easily modify the appearance of the ship would suit you better I believe than heavier guns. Don't forget that a great portion of your funds will probably be lost to bribes and what not that you will have to pay for information or assistance."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

Sam circuitry amped up when he saw the bounty hunter. How he wished he was still just a mechanic! But Kara's apparent troubles were a more immediate concern. He approached Kara while tracking the bounty hunter as long as he was in sight. He assumed the jerky motions of a poorly maintained droid and ensured his vocabulator had a nice tinny tone.

"Mistress. Mistress. I finished the diagnostic on the water recirculators. Is there anything else I can do?"...he bluffed as his hand hung near his blaster.

Init +11:  1d20+11 : 3 + 11, total 14

tomcat

Aug 24, 2011, 06:27 AM #37 Last Edit: Sep 22, 2011, 04:30 PM by tomcat
:ooc: To answer questions and such...

Okay, Logar is to get one Clone Trooper and helmet package = 9,000 credits

To Jingo... holo shroud upgrade will cost 1 emplacement point on an armor suit and 5,000 credits (the details of what holoshroud will do is attached below); Security Spikes are one time use; bypassing security systems is a Use Computer while picking locks is a Mechanics skill check.

Kaida is to get a shadowsuite and helmet package = 6,400 credits

For ship upgrades, I kind of picked out and priced the best options that might be of use. The smuggler holds are a great idea, along with weaponry, armor and maneuvering jets. But I will leave all of this to you guys to choose.

To Tom... I know that you are chiming in with conversation to the other players (which I REALLY like :tup:), but those that are shopping are across town right now. That said, I will allow character communication to happen in regards to the purchases. I will just assume it occurred prior to, during (maybe Caden, Kaida, and Logar came back to the group to talk about the prices), or after. More will come of this conversation very soon.

To Shawn... I dig the swagger. ;)

Kara was heightened in readiness. She felt that even if the Trandoshan behind Weevil brought up its weapon, she could get the drop on him. She could make use of the Weequay for cover, all the while putting a hole in Weevil's chest. Still, she would try to get out of this one with words first. Sam's arrival only helped her in her choice, as well as to increase her confidence that she was not alone on this awful Tatooine street.

The Weequay looked at the droid apprehensively, while Drissst readied himself for an attack - but none came. Sam relayed his message and Weevil laughed, "Where did you get a droid, Sala? You can barely take care of yourself, let alone having to keep a droid!" The thug's eyes assessed Sam, "He's got some pretty nice additions under that silly hat and coat, although he looks like you pieced him together from a scrapyard. Still, I could get some worth out of him... what say you give me the droid and we call your debt paid in full?"

Behind them all, the bounty hunter, Boba Fett, casually approached. He was still at some distance and did not seem to make any recognition of the two companions or the criminals that were bothering them.

Gorman Taxian began to tally the numbers from the purchase that Phoenix and the woman were making. He mentally made note of his margins and then spoke, "You get this to 30,000 or more and I will knock off fifteen percent." It was going to be a good day for the arms dealer - his boss would be sure to notice. Taxian smiled and leaned against the wall, while lighting up a terrible smelling cigars - the same kind that Brim's new friend had been smoking around the Aegis.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Sweet can i specify a color, or can i find somewhere to get it painted or do it myself is kool too. Im thinkin Battleship Gray :)

sdrotar

Quote from: Telcontar on Aug 23, 2011, 04:16 AM
Farok had been practicing with Brim for several days and both seemed to be enjoying the exercise and the refinement of their skills. Other than that he had remained somewhat aloof from the rest of the group. He had been listening to their plans and how best to use their resources. From what he gathered they were attempting to locate someone who was imprisoned as well as a dark Jedi that was on the loose somewhere. As the conversation drifted towards future plans Farok chimed in.

"Simple is sometimes best. More equipment and technology will draw more attention to your actions and make you more identifiable. I may just be a paranoid old man, but focusing your efforts on being able to disappear or remain hidden would be my advice.  Modifications to detect trackers, or easily modify the appearance of the ship would suit you better I believe than heavier guns. Don't forget that a great portion of your funds will probably be lost to bribes and what not that you will have to pay for information or assistance."

(Moving confab below - prior to departure)

Caden nodded in agreement. "I think he's right. The more we look like soldiers, the more attention we'll attract. Since we're already wanted, being able to hide in plain sight could be the most important think we learn how to do."

:ooc: I really like the idea of smuggler holds. Makes sense on every level. As far as the other stuff, I figure if we'll be doing more quick-hit, smash-and-grab stuff, so whatever gets us in and out fast - with a bit of punch-back ability in case we need it - is fine with me.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

"Droids not for sale." Kara said.  She hated Tatooine.  This place was such a dump, and sure enough this seemed to happen every time she came here.  Some one was after her money, her head, something of hers.  The dry planet must make people thirst with greed.

tomcat

Aug 27, 2011, 04:15 PM #41 Last Edit: Sep 22, 2011, 04:36 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Callowmoryne on Aug 24, 2011, 02:23 PM:ooc: Sweet can i specify a color, or can i find somewhere to get it painted or do it myself is kool too. Im thinkin Battleship Gray :)

:ooc: That is fine, John. Whatever color you want it to be it can be.

The helmet with the armor has MFTAS (multi-frequency target acquisition system), which provides a targeting HUD (+2 equipment bonus on Perception checks), low-light vision, and comlink.

I want to postpone anymore dialogue between PC's until you guys are all back together. We shall go with the purchases for armor and you can let me know if the ship is being upgraded, and with what - or if you guys are buying more stuff. But the talk about the mission I want to hold off on until the PC's are back together in story.

:csu: 30,150 credits reduced from party treasure for the following:

Smuggler holds 10,000
Clone armor 9,000
Shadowsuit w/Helmet 6,400
Computer spike +2 (x2) 4,000
Security kit 750

First we will need to see what happens to Kara and Sam.