• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 09:29 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Tatooine heat

Started by tomcat, Jun 16, 2011, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watanabe

"Frack me." Kara said to herself slightly sobered by what she had seen.  She knew enough to keep her mouth shut, but another Jedi?  Where the hell were all these Jedi coming from.  Weren't they all killed off during the Clone Wars, how the heck had she got stuck in the midst of a group that seemed to attract Jedi like how deathsticks attracted... well attracted her.

Telcontar

Farok smiled at the Corellian, "So what's your pleasure?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

Jul 20, 2011, 09:27 PM #77 Last Edit: Jul 21, 2011, 03:08 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: Jingo on Jul 19, 2011, 08:18 PM
Kaida approached Caden and smiled. She imagined perhaps that it just might be getting a little cooler. Who in their right mind would settle on a planet that had two suns baking everything in existence? "Hey, I got us a nice place at the Acer hub. But I guess you heard. Who's the stiff in the suit?" she asked casually, her eyes following the retreating man. "Some friend of yours?"

"I doubt it," he replied. "But I'm going to find out in a minute."
He looked back to the Aegis... and then it hit him.

"I'll be back - talk to Sam and check the ship from stem to stern. My 'friend' had more time around her than I'm comfortable with."

He followed Antturus until the man noticed him - it didn't take long.
"If you wanted what they do, we would have never had such a pleasant conversation," he said. "So what do you want?"
There was no use playing coy anymore - whoever Antturus was, he knew everything.
He kept his hand near his blaster, but not too provocatively; he just wanted Antturus to know he was serious.

"Let's talk," he said, gesturing to the small bar down the dusty street - it looked crowded enough. "I'll buy."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

Kaida nodded at Caden as he left. "Alright Sam, let's take a look. Logar, you can help too." She carefully looked over the ship, making sure there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. She'd been poking around starships ever since she was a little girl, and was even a fairly decent pilot. So, she felt confident if there was anything unusual tucked away somewhere they would be able to find it.

:ooc: I'm taking a 20 on my perception check since I have plenty of time and no real chance of failure--unless there's a bomb or tripwire then maybe I'd be in trouble. In that case, you can roll for me. Perception skill 20+9 = 29

watanabe

Kara looked at the guy asking her what her pleasure was.  She was feeling sick, and just wanted to get drunk and stumble back to the ship and pass out, not be questioned all night.  In the old days she would have pulled out her blaster and shoved it into the guys crotch.  Instead she just stuck her forehead down on the table to rest and closed her eyes.  She could feel that the table was sticky.

Telcontar

Farok shrugged his shoulder. The two didnt seem to want to go anywhere. "One spot is as good as the next."
Sitting down he poured himself a drink and put a splash in the magic glass.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Jul 22, 2011, 08:14 AM #81 Last Edit: Jul 22, 2011, 03:40 PM by tomcat
Brim watched Kara's head hit the table and he sighed. Caden had asked him to keep an eye on her to make sure she didn't get into any trouble, but he did not say to watch her drown herself in booze. He took the magic glass away from her and looked to Farok, "No more. Can you help me get her back to my ship?"

Kaida, Sam and Logar began to search the bottom of the Aegis for any potential threats, but nothing showed itself. But then the noblewoman noticed a small transmitter that was wedged between a hydraulic cylinder and the ship's main body. It was still blinking. She gestured over to Sam and Logar to come look at it.

The droid looked up and noticed it had been lodged in there via a high-power shot, as if someone had fired the thing at them.

Antturus nodded to Caden, "That will be fine."

The duo entered the tavern, going down the stairs into its sub-ground main room. People looked at them as they entered and Caden felt an immediate change in the demeanor of the patrons... at least some. The bartender made a quick gesture and a table was prepared in a quiet corner away from the entrance. Caden and Jareen crossed the room to the table and sat down. The Bestinian lifted his hand to signal the waitress to bring a couple drinks, but was surprised to see that she was already ready and waiting.

"Evening Mr. Antturus, what can I get for you and your guest?"

"We will take a bottle of Corellian whiskey along with two glasses of ice water."

"Right away, sir."

Antturus looked at Caden but his face displayed nothing - no humor, no interest... nothing. "So," he began. "you want to talk now?" Caden nodded. "Well, let me continue by saying that there is also an Imperial Governor, Thieraan, that has you in his sights, too. Two Imperial Senators were murdered within his region and all he has to peg it on is you. Not sure what you guys did, but it seems you really got your asses in a bind. Nothing a governor with aspirations would want better than to bring to justice some heinous murderers."

The whiskey and water showed up. Jareen sipped first from the frosty glass, and then poured the alcohol into two rocks glasses that had been left by the waitress. He drew from the drink and swished the dark liquid around his mouth, enjoying its strong warmth. "I know a lot of what is going on... Seelig, before he was killed, had his body marred on the forehead with a symbol of two concentric circles. Do you know what that is?" He didn't wait for Caden to answer, "Why don't you tell me what you know."

Slave I inverted its flight pattern and flared as it came in to land in the small Mos Entha docking bay. Fett looked out of the canopy of his ship at the setting suns of Tatooine. Things didn't change here no matter where you landed. Oh well, it's home, he thought to himself.

Fett stepped down from his flight deck and moved into the Firespray's central chamber. He looked at the scope one more time that showed the flickering light of Sallo's transmitter. The Mandalorian was very pleased. He had checked Sallo's ship before leaving Jovan Station to see how the bounty hunter had tracked the marks to the spacestation, and had found the transmitter beacon. With the frequency programmed into his own ship, Fett followed the Aegis across the galaxy to Tatooine.

Sallo was good, Boba thought, but I am better.

He suddenly wondered if the man was still alive. He hadn't fared well in the skirmish on Jovan. Fett had watched as the noblewoman had fired a shot into Sallo's chest. Too bad... you need to be a lot better if you are going to survive in this business. Can't let your mark fire blasters into your chest, Fett smiled at his private joke.

He began to don his armor, but then the sudden end of the beeping transmitter caused him to turn to his radar. "They found it," he whispered. It didn't matter. He knew where they were.

:ooc: Kaida and Sam are looking at the homing transmitter that Corbin Sallo had fired on the Aegis when it jetted off of the dock platform of Cloud City.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Farok slammed back the drink he had poured for himself, "Right! Off we go."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

watanabe

Telcontar

:ooc: ok Tomcat i think this vein is pretty much tapped.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Kaida stared at the transmitter and muttered a low curse. All of a sudden the welcome darkness and the cool it would bring at the setting of both suns didn't seems so appealing. Who or what could be waiting for them at every turn.

"Sam, disable that transmitter."

Once disabled, she called on the comm to Caden and the others of their team. She spoke in a low but urgent whisper. "Look we found something on the Aegis. A transmitter beacon. It's a fair bet someone has followed us here. Everyone be on your guard, and meet at the Aegis ASAP. We need to decide what to do."

tomcat

Kaida's warning was even more the incentive for Brim. He stood when he heard it and pulled Kara up, hooking her arm over his shoulder. Farok came over to the opposite side and hoisted her other arm up, although it was a touch more difficult for the one-armed warrior.

"We are not far. Thank you, Farok," said Brim.

The trio moved out of the cantina and into the golden glow of dusk. Strangely, it was cooler. The truth was that Tatooine once cloaked in darkness could get very cold. The streets were still bustling but the shops and vendors were beginning to lower their shutters. Brim kept a close look about, but no one seemed to be following them nor threatening in any manner.

It took them fifteen minutes to cover the distance. They entered the docking bay and saw Sam and Logar standing position just at the Aegis' landing ramp. Logar gave a chuckle when he saw Kara's condition.

"Come," said Brim to Farok. "Help me get her on board and in her bunk. She can sleep this off." The Rodian did not envy the way Kara would feel come morning. "Once done, I will introduce you to the others."

They went up the ramp and into the ship. Farok was impressed with the Loronar. Caden kept his ship clean and in good running condition. The bunk rooms were on the main deck in the circular section and Kara was heaved into bed. She murmured something, stretched and then was sleeping once more. Brim gestured to Farok to follow and they first went to the galley - inside stood Kaida and Danjapa.

Brim pointed to Farok, "Kaida... let me introduce you to a new friend. This is Farok. He was kind enough to help me with Kara." Then the Rodian pointed to the man, "This is Antar Danjapa... a passenger of ours. The other two at the ship's entrance - the droid is Sam and the soldier is Logar. Our captain is not here... where is he Kaida?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Jul 22, 2011, 03:59 PM #87 Last Edit: Jul 27, 2011, 07:21 AM by Jingo
Kaida nodded welcome to Farok, but addressed Brim instead, some alarm creeping into her voice. "Kara? What's wrong with Kara? Is she hurt?"

Then...
"Caden followed after a tall man in a suit probably a half hour ago. I didn't get a good look at him," she described what she saw and then went on. "Not sure where he's at now; we've not heard anything yet."

She drew Brim aside and lowered her voice so only he could hear. "Who is this?" she nodded to Falgor. "Can we trust him? You know who we have here." She flicked a glance to Danjapa and then back to Brim.

Callowmoryne

The tracker beacon just proves my point Logar thought. He needed to be ready. Once apon the Aegis he went straight to his bunk. Breaking out his gear and checking everything over. He filled the the three bandoliers with frags and a few ion grenades each. Double-checked his rifle and pistol. He left two bandoliers on his bed and went to find Kaida.

Telcontar

Farok nodded at all in turn. "Your Captain describe him to me. I am unknown to your party and may be able to observe him if it is necessary."

:ooc: Tomcat, any chance that i would know who this guy is that is being described? The suit guy i mean.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear