• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 12:00 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Introduction...

Started by tomcat, Mar 14, 2008, 10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

Gumbo frowns at the thought of going hungry. Looking to the bar he calls back, "who would see me waste away to nothing within the walls of an inn? Please love, more beer and food for the boys upstairs, just a bit of cheese and sausage, perhaps some of that lovely smoked fish! Great tales will be in the telling when business is concluded!"

Persuade Roll(2d6)+10:
5,3,+10
Total:18
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Cut

Mar 28, 2008, 12:22 AM #31 Last Edit: Mar 30, 2008, 11:14 AM by Cut
[OOC: How do I use the dice roller (I do see it though) and get it into my post? Never done that before. Help please...]

tomcat

[OOC:] Hey Cut, all you need to do is click the dice on the control bar in the upper left corner (make sure you allow pop-ups for my website, or it won't open). Another small window will open showing the series of dice and input cells - just put the number of dice you want to roll in the first box (i.e. 2 for 2d6) and the + or - modifier in the second box. Then either click the dice on the left or click the roll button and a result will appear in the big box on right. Highlight the results and paste in your post. There is no dice roller log and so we have always played on the honor system.

I personally make my posts fancy with the formatting above, but you do not have to. The only thing I request is that you do include the following:

Skill roll type/Description: Armed Combat to attack Orc
TN to achieve: TN 12
List all dice mods: AC +3, Spec +2, Dim Light -3 = +2

And then the Dice Roller results:

Roll(2d6)+2: 2,2,+2 Total:6

Any questions, give me a shout.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Cut

Mar 29, 2008, 09:14 AM #33 Last Edit: Mar 30, 2008, 11:15 AM by Cut
[OOC: Thanks Tomcat. I tried and this is a test run:

Skill roll type/Description: Damage from Attack with Elven Sword
TN to achieve: ---
List all dice mods: +4 (Weapon does 2D6+4 damage)

Roll(2d6)+4:
5,2,+4
Total:11

Would that be okay? I think so.

My next question would be, what I have to type into my signature, to link to my character sheet over at the Profiler?]

tomcat

[OOC:] I did your signature link for you but feel free to go to your profile and change it and also see how it is written out so the code works.

As far as the Dice Roll posts go, that is fine. You can dress it as fancy as you want. I just want to see all the mods you are including and what the dice roll is for.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Cut

Mar 29, 2008, 09:48 AM #35 Last Edit: Mar 30, 2008, 11:16 AM by Cut
The dwarves and their employees-to-be had left the common room. Caranmîr was alone again, dwelling on thoughts of the adventures that the Man and the Hobbit were about to undertake. What could the dwarves be up to. Caranmîr recalled the images of the the two stout warriors. One he remembered looked very atypical for a Dwarf of his age. There were no ornaments, the clothes looked quite worn and the demeanor wasn't one that Caranmîr would have expected to see in one of the dwarven people he had read about so much. One of the names, Nori and Kori, he had picked up during the parts of conversation he had overheard seemed to have struck a chord with Caranmîr, but he could not put a finger on it at first. Kori and Nori. There was something about those names in the back of his mind. He leaned back in his chair and let his mind wonder in the hopes for a connection to make.

[OOC: Caranmîr would like to see, if he can point a finger due to the names, from which realm the Dwarves hail and what other tidbits he might remember. I chose to go for the broader History:Old Dwarven Kindoms skill, as he has no way of knowing right now, that Moria is involved]

Lore: History: Old Dwarven Kingdoms +4
TN to be achieved: No Idea
Dice Mods: None, although he takes his time and concentrates thourougly. Maybe an Affinity Bonus from Lore: Realms: Moria might be appropriate... ;)

Test Results:
Roll(2d6)+4:
1,1,+4
Total:6

[OOC: Yeah, that's a big one to be made as the first test for a chronicle... :(]

Cut

Mar 29, 2008, 09:52 AM #36 Last Edit: Mar 30, 2008, 11:16 AM by Cut
Quote from: tomcat on Mar 29, 2008, 09:42 AM
[OOC:] I did your signature link for you but feel free to go to your profile and change it and also see how it is written out so the code works.

As far as the Dice Roll posts go, that is fine. You can dress it as fancy as you want. I just want to see all the mods you are including and what the dice roll is for.

[OOC: Thanks, Tomcat. I appriciate that. Also I have noticed that you have cleaned up Caranmîr's character sheet a bit. Would have eventualy done that, but thank you for taking time out of your schedule to save mine :)
I'll take a look at the code, to learn something for the future. I have very little experience and knowledge in regards to coding, so I might ask stupid questions every now and then. Neither afraid nor too proud to do this :) ]

Cut

[OOC: I take it, that Caranmîr right now, isn't even sure, that the short people he saw in the common room had been really Dwarves...Given the fact that he failed sooo badly. Or does he recall something completely wrong? ]

tomcat

[OOC:] Caranmîr is unable to recollect anything regarding the line of Kori. I am not going to penalize anything right now with a bad roll, but it certainly may give Caranmîr impetus to talk more to the Dwarves to add to his knowledge.

Also, we use a house rule here for a penalty cascading d6 on any roll of double ones. What you do is if the dice results in double ones, you roll an additional d6 and subtract it from the total. A result in a 6 means you roll another d6, and so on. It is the inverse to the CODA double sixes rule.

Cut

Mar 30, 2008, 01:28 PM #39 Last Edit: Mar 30, 2008, 01:29 PM by Cut
Caranmîr sat there trying to remember something of the Dwarven lore he had studied back at home. But something unbeknownst to him happend. His mind started to wonder, he couldn't concentrate. His minds was pulled away from the old knowledge stored in his brain. He was thinking of adventure. He was imagining what it was, that the Dwarves were telling Beren and the Hobbit right now in the secludedness of their room. Caranmîr sighed and gave in to the wild ideas of travelling, among company and heaing out for a real quest forming in his head.
Maybe I should have accepted that young Man Beren's invitation to come along. Caranmîr looked down again on the map in front of him. Imladris and Lothlorien had lost a bit of their charm to him at this point. Trying to clear his mind, Caranmîr tried to decide which way to go in the morning.

[OOC:] Thanks for letting me get away with my two ones... Your house rule plunges two-one-throwers deep into the abyss of the DOS tables, doesn't it?  Hope I never have to find out the hard way, in a tough spot! :)
On another note: What has happend to your Boba Fett Avatar?