• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 07:37 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

So Short A Journey

Started by Eclecticon, Mar 14, 2021, 07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Esgalwen saw Hathcyn's quick movement to impose himself in front of Grimbeorn and immediately she sought out the danger.

TN -- awareness 2d
:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Mar 24, 2021, 11:04 AM #16 Last Edit: Mar 24, 2021, 11:10 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Nice! The dice be kind!

That is a :%: success (maybe). Ignore this post if the TN higher than 14.

The Ranger scanned the crowds around them and then cast her gaze upward to the buildings.

There! her mind cried, as she espied the archer atop the guildhall. Around her, the Lake-town folk gave their own cry in fear as Esgalwen brought forth her bow and quickly nocked an arrow to its string. She angled her head to aim down the length of the arrow, judging the wind as she did.

With a slight grunt, she hauled back on the bowstring and held her breath to steady her hand. Not waiting to let her target's own arrow fly, Esgalwen loosed her string.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Esgalwen fires her great bow at the man atop the guild hall.

TN 12+ great bow 3d
:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 1, 4, total 7

:dmg: 7   edge: 10  injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn continues to walk on next to Balin with the chest.  His bearing remains unaffected even after the appearance of potential danger on the walkway and rooftop.  His intent is to let them engage first to draw them out and identify themselves, that is until his companions act first.  Reacting to them, the Beorning imposes himself between the revered dwarvish emissary and danger, ready to thwart any attack.

:ooc:
Stance: Defensive
Action: Protect Companion - Balin

I will hold identifying a target until I am attacked.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

:ooc: Thanks for being patient, guys.  I fully intended to have a post up kicking the fighting off, but got sick instead. 

Doug, I'm going to say that Esgalwen won't have time to loose an arrow before everything else kicks off, but I'm happy to take the roll as her action for the coming round, if you like. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: Yea, I understand.

I didn't know if it was coming down to PC reactions or bad guys, so I figured I would give you the whole bit. Place it in the story where it falls.

Eclecticon

:ooc: Preliminary Battle rolls:

Arbogast
:00: 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 4d6 : 5, 5, 5, 5, total 20

Esgalwen
:00: 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7

Grimbeorn
:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 1, 2, total 7

Hathcyn
:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 2, 1, total 7

Character sheet

Eclecticon

The bowman's shaft streaks across the short distance, piercing Hathcyn's cloak and embedding itself in the fretwork of the casket.  Down upon the street, one of the unknown assailants draws a sword and utters a wordless roar.  And with that, battle is joined. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: battle rolls are interesting there. Glad to see Esgalwen is now getting player rolls and good ole Arbo GM rolls. Lol
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18