• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:24 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Lair - round 5

Started by tomcat, Jan 06, 2018, 08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jan 06, 2018, 08:07 PM Last Edit: Jan 09, 2018, 07:48 AM by tomcat
Situation: The Company has come at last to the Lair of the Werewolf, and must combat their way in

Combat Advantage dice:
• Arbogast 0/1
• Esgalwen 1/2

Lair score:
• 18/20

Situation Modifiers:
• The wargs have Initiative, as they are defending

Physical Modifiers (complications):
• none

PC/NPC PARRY :+~: ARMOUR :<>: HOPE :vv: END :<3: STANCE
Arbogast
Esgalwen
Grimbeorn
Morirúsë

6 (shield +3)
6/9 [skirmisher] (shield n/a)
6/9 [giant strength] (shield +4)
6 (shield +3)

2d (helm +1)
1d (helm n/a)
2d (helm n/a)
2d (helm n/a)

10/16
11/12
6/12
8/10 MISERABLE

26/26
27/27
15/31
00/28 UNCONSCIOUS

Forward
Open
Defensive
Open

ENEMY PARRY :+~: ARMOUR :<>: HATE :@: END :<3: NOTES
Warg 1
Warg 2
Warg 3
Warg 4
Great Warg 1

3d
3d
3d
3d
3d

2/3
2/3
2/3
3/3
5/5

0/18 DEAD
0/18 DEAD
0/18 DEAD
0/18 DEAD
15/42

n/a
n/a
n/a
n/a
figthing party

STANCES

Forward - action order 1
Close combat
TN 6+ parry
Forward Stance maneuvers
:<>:Open - action order 2
Close combat
TN 9+ parry
Open Stance maneuvers
:<>:Defensive - action order 3
Close combat
TN 12+ parry
Defensive Stance maneuvers
:<>:Rearward - action order 4
Ranged combat
Must be 2 other PC's in Close Combat
May not use if outnumbered 2:1

TN 12+ parry
Rearward Stance maneuvers
:<>:From any Stance
Escape combat
Must start in Rearward or roll
TN 10 + highest attribute level
of opponents Athletics roll. On success,
may safely flee from the scene of combat
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: The wargs attack

Warg 4 attacks Grimbeorn
TN 25 bite
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 3d6 : 6, 6, 5, total 17

Great Warg 1 attacks Morirúsë
TN 18 bite 3d
:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 6, 1, total 8

:dmg: 8   edge: 10   injury: 14
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Jeezy Pete! That is a brutal attack on Grimbeorn!!

• Warg 4 rolls an :~~: :%: :%: success against Grimbeorn for 18 :<3: loss, and he must make a protection test TN 14

• Morirúsë is missed

Warg 4 can immediately follow up his attack with a Savage Assault by spending 1 :@:

TN 25 rend 1d+5
:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 1d6+5 : 1 + 5, total 6

:dmg: 8    edge: :~~:  injury: 14

tomcat

:ooc: Grimbeorn's protection test

TN 14 armour 2d
:00: 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7

tomcat

Jan 06, 2018, 08:28 PM #4 Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018, 08:31 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Grimbeorn will spend 1 :vv: to overcome the Protection test. He is unconscious. If he is hit again, while unconscious, it is considered a coup de grace.

tomcat

Seeing the warg take down her friend, Esgalwen shouted as she swept her sword down on the animal.

Esgalwen attacks Warg 4
TN 15 longsword 4d
:00: 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 4d6 : 6, 6, 5, 3, total 20

:dmg: 11   edge: 8   injury: 18

tomcat

Telcontar

Morirúsë saw the devestating attack intended for the Prince of Beornings. The opening was clear, the attack hung in the moment was a lingering doom. In a moment the Elf made a decision. The ancient blade held aloft the Noldo warrior spun again, pivoting and moving in such a way that was inconceivable for man. Before the warg could close its attack the Elf placed himself in its line of attack.

"Fathers of Men! The Day is yours!"

:ooc: Morirúsë will burn a Hope point to use Foe to the Shadow to take the attack on Grimbeorn. This will make him misrable.
Protecton test
Rolled 1d12 : 8, total 8

Rolled 2d6 : 4, 2, total 6
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Like the shattered lamp of Ergion, the elf too lay upon the floor.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Wow, I blink and he goes down... Yikes!
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Posterboy

:ooc: So... three things:

1) Doug, is there a colour you prefer our OOC comments in, or us to avoid, or do you just prefer black? I've forgotten.

2) Convenient of Paul to step out now and say "Don't kill my character!"  No pressure or anything.

3) Sorry, I'm rusty. Just want to make sure I've read your posts right. So, Warg 4 was going to attack Grimbeorn, but Moriruse stepped in and took the attack and is not unconscious on the floor. Esgalwen then killed Warg 4. Which leaves Arbogast and Grimbeorn left to attack the Great Warg... yes?

tomcat

:ooc: Sorry guys - busy weekend of taking down Christmas decorations. Give me a bit to decipher what just happened and I will get a new post up.

To answer your questions, Ayrn:

1) I prefer character and player mechanics in NAVY. I do enemy mechanics and notes in RED. That way when I need to scroll down real fast, I can quickly see what is PC/NPC and what is Enemy. Other OOC content I will do in MAROON - which tells me it is not a roll or a OOC character description.

2) Have fun with that!  ;)

3) I will have another post up shortly to sum up the round's status.

tomcat

Jan 08, 2018, 07:59 AM #12 Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018, 08:08 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Okay - here it is...

• Grimbeorn has been restored to consciousness and 15/31 :<3:; I have also restored his spent :vv: on the Protection test

• Morirúsë takes the wolf's attack and is reduced to 0 :<3:, passes his protection test, but is now MISERABLE due to low :vv:; he lays unconscious on the floor. Another attack on him can be a coup de grace.

• Esgalwen kills Warg 4

• Arbogast and Grimbeorn may still perform actions this round

Posterboy

:ooc: Thanks for the update. One last question... is the great warg THE Werewolf? Or just one of the minions?

Arbogast watched, stunned momentarily by the elf's quick intervention, as the jagged teeth meant for Grimbeorn sank into the First Born instead. Before the woodman could react, the ranger's blade ended the beast's life.

A fey wrath fueled Arbogast. Leaping over the limp body of his companion, the woodman rushed to place himself between the elf and the dire warg, the Warden's head aching to split the foul creature.

:ooc: I'm not sure what all these special rewards do on the Warden's Axe... but let's see if I see know how to roll these dice... I'll let you interpret them, Doug:

Feat Die [1d12]:
Rolled 1d12 : 5, total 5

Axe Skill [4d6]:
Rolled 4d6 : 4, 3, 3, 2, total 12

Posterboy

:ooc: So, a rather unremarkable hit?