• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:38 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Lair - round 1

Started by tomcat, Dec 30, 2017, 04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

Morirúsë was grim and silent. He knew that these were but the door guardians of their true query. While others were troubled with foes of their own they did not see the grim face of the elf, or the fey light in his eyes. He regained his balance from the terrible attack and attempted to unleash one of his own.

[roll][/1d12roll]
Rolled 5d6 : 3, 3, 3, 5, 4, total 18

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Rolled 1d12 : 5, total 5
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Jan 01, 2018, 06:55 AM #17 Last Edit: Jan 01, 2018, 06:57 AM by tomcat
:ooc: RESULTS

• Arbogast hits Warg 2 for 5 :<3: loss, and then cleaves through into Warg 3 for 4 :<3: loss

• Morirúsë hits Warg 1 for 13 :<3: loss, and then cleaves through into Warg 2 for 5 :<3: loss

*I am not sure we are doing the Cleaving property right - I think it functions only when your own PC is being attacked by two (or more) opponents.

Quote from: from RivendellWhen you hit your target with a weapon blessed by this Quality, you additionally deal a loss of Endurance equal to your Valour to another creature engaging you in combat.
The emphasis above is mine.

Anyway, we have been playing it that the weapon cleaves through to strike the closest ally's opponent, as well, and I am not going to stop that for now. I do think we all need to come to a conclusion on this weapon quality.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

I never really looked at it too deeply due to the fluid nature of combat in TOR. If we used a battle board it would be easier to identify who was against whom during combat. If I remember correctly one of the steps is to array the foes against the heros and then spill over to those in rearward. I guess it depends on how literal we take you to mean in the quote, but it would appear that it means when the individual is fighting two foes.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: I wouldn't object to that interpretation either. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet