• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:09 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Long Road - friends new and old

Started by tomcat, Sep 20, 2017, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

:ooc: Ah, bollocks.  :roll:  I guess I'll burn that bonus Hope point to make the introduction a success.

:csu:
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:
 :00:
TN 14 Insight - 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 2, 1, total 7

:00:
Awe -  1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 2, 1, total 5

"I am Grimbeorn, son of Beorn, heir of the Bear.  You will let us pass."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

:ooc: Yeah, we're not at our best after days in the darkness.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: first things first. Am I still weary?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: yes, you are.

Your PC sheet is up to date.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

No recovery in the two days from the river?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

:ooc: I was working on this in my head on the drive home yesterday and thought i would have some more time to fine tune the post. Anyway, this should come in right after we left the river and Doug's post about the River Maiden.

Morirúsë felt the burden of the woods soon after they had passed from the river and back into the wood's shadowed grip. The elf let his mind wander as the sound of the stream grew fainter as they passed. Just before the sound was gone, even from his keen elven hearing he stopped.

In the woods was a birch tree and nimbly the elf broke a white branch from the tree and quickly pruned it so that only a notch remained at the end of a few feet of length. He spoke to the group as he worked.

"Ages ago my folk passed this way. Far in the east we awoke, in a place now lost since the world was changed. A long journey under starlight our people made when the world was new. When I was younger I learned a song that they sang on their journey, a walking song sung by the father of my father. Perhaps the woods will remember it and let us pass more freely. I shall try and render it in the speech of men, it is not difficult and each may join or speak as they are moved to."

The Noldo elf took one of the Elven Lamps from his pack and brought it to light. Even though they were still in the hours of daylight the warm light of the lamp threw back the shadows of the forest. Placing the lamp in the notch of the branch he hung the lamp above and in front of the companions, like a guard and a guide.

"Here it is to the best of my hasty recollection turned to the tongues of men.

"In the west to the rolling seas.
In the west to the green country
In the west to see the shinning trees
Come along take my hand and we'll sing."

All of us, no time for sleeping
     All of us, no time for sleeping
West we go, to home unfleeting
    West we go to home unfletting

"In the west to the rolling seas.
In the west to the green country
In the west to see the shinning trees
Come along take my hand and we'll sing."

Come along tree and heather
     Come along tree and heather
Come along with fur or feather
     Come along with fur or feather"   

And so Morirúsë sang as the sound of the stream faded away and echoed only in his mind and heart, the light of the lamp throwing back the shadow of Mirkwood. In his song he called upon beast, and bird, and tree, and bough, to recall the light and not be afraid. To remember the Speakers and their invitation to journey into the west when the world was new.

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Morirúsë let the mannish folks make their introductions before he spoke. While he had had dealings with the dwarves long ago their memory of Elves seldom recalled the friendship and alliance the Noldo of Ergion and the Line of Durin once held.

In this inhospitable place far from friendly fires and shelter he held the branch of the birch in one hand, the lamp now doused and put away. His free hand cask back his cloak and revealed the hilt of his ancient sword and the working of his dwarven wrought and Elven blesssed mail.

"Hail Son of Durin, Master of Stone, may the name of your father's fathers endure as long as the mountains, and the craft of your hands be a delight to your children's children. I am Morirúsë, long ago emissary of Erigion to Khazad-Dum. Empty your hand of the gear of war and take up the cup of peace."

:ooc: 
Insight
Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3

Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6

Awe Roll
Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7

Rolled 4d6 : 1, 5, 2, 1, total 9
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 28, 2017, 05:06 AMNo recovery in the two days from the river?

:ooc: I rolled for the first leg of the journey to see how much rest you would get for that leg - the leg ended at the Old Dwarf Road. The roll was an :~~: which was the one result I said would mean that Morirúsë did not get any comfort from his rests.

I awarded the rest at the river due to you guys giving me some awesome dialogue and narrative.

So, that is where we are and your PC sheet reflects his current condition.

If you guys make friends and decide to camp with the woodmen a while, it will be an auto-recover of fatigue and weariness.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 28, 2017, 05:49 AM:ooc: I was working on this in my head on the drive home yesterday and thought i would have some more time to fine tune the post. Anyway, this should come in right after we left the river and Doug's post about the River Maiden.

:ooc: Never worry about adding stuff to the story from previous posts. I love this stuff! I just don't wan to hold up the game on dialogue opportunities if they are not critical (i.e. the stuff I have above about Esgalwen seeing the trouble in Arbogast's eyes and trying to reassure him.)

Now that I have read it, I am granting a 3 point Fatigue reduction to everyone for the 9 day leg of this journey, so far. Unfortunately, Morirúsë will still be Weary.

Anyway...to the results.

Esgalwen
TN 14 Insight 1d
:00: 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

tomcat

:ooc: Esgalwen's introduction test...she'll use her 1 advantage die, if necessary:
TN 14 courtesy 2d
:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11

This is the advantage die that I will determined spent if and only if it would be necessary, and make a difference
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

tomcat

Sep 28, 2017, 08:49 AM #42 Last Edit: Sep 28, 2017, 08:29 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Results

• Arbogast rolls a 10 failure for his Insight advantage dice; he rolls a 12 and adds 1 :vv: to succeed at his Courtesy Introduction  :csu:

• Esgalwen rolls a 15 success on Insight for 1 advantage die; she rolls a 15 :%:  success on her Courtesy Introduction  :csu:

• Grimbeorn rolls a 11 fail on Insight and a 5 :~~: failure on his Awe

• Morirúsë rolls a 9 fail on Insight; he rolls a 12 and adds 1 :vv: to succeed at his Awe Introduction  :csu:

Tolerance started at 5 but is reduced to 4 for Grimbeorn's failed roll

You guys may count 4 success to your Degree of Success in this encounter.

Telcontar

:ooc: does Weariness affect social tests or just physical ones?
Awe is favoured for me so I'llburn a point to pass. Color me prideful.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Sep 28, 2017, 09:12 AM #44 Last Edit: Sep 28, 2017, 09:19 AM by tomcat
:ooc: From the book...

As long as a hero is Weary, all the Success dice he rolls for any test that end up giving a result of 1, 2 or 3 (the outlined numbers) are considered to have rolled a 0 instead.

I updated your sheet for the :vv:

Changing my narrative now that I just wrote.