• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 10:25 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Long Road - friends new and old

Started by tomcat, Sep 20, 2017, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The Dwarf looked at Arbogast and nodded as the man introduced himself in a fashion that reminded him of a visitor to Erebor, years past. He was about to speak when Grimbeorn interjected with his own introduction and curt order for passage. The Fire-watcher could see the mood of the Dwarf change almost instantly.

That was when the Noldo stepped forward and unfurled his cloak to reveal armor and sword. Both were masterfully made by hands of Dwarves, and it was evident that the Dwarf marveled at their sight. His jaw went a little slack as Morirúsë spoke of elder days and times when Dwarf and Elf were friends.

"I am not too willing to be pushed about by any Beorning," Arbogast could see Dwarf's strong hands were still tightened white around the haft of his axe.

And then Esgalwen spoke.

"Master Dwarf, forgive us this intrusion. We are not marauders along your road and we mean no threat to any of you. We are travel-weary and it has affected our courtesies, but we are looking for our friends - surely you know them. As my friend Arbogast said, we seek Rorin and Bofri. One a former companion to us and dear friend and the other a business partner, for whom we helped restore the Roadwarden Staff. It was by our hands and theirs that the spider, Tauler was driven away and quiet was restored to the forest, if but for a while." She smiled, her face fair even though it was dirty from her travels, "Will you not at least give us a chance to speak?"

"Well...er..."

The Dwarf's hands eased up on his weapon. "I am Codi, and I am Headmaster for this company of axe-cutters. It was Bofri himself that hired me and I came presently from Erebor. So...who are you?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: You guys may now roll your interactions...or not. You have 4 successes thus far and can leave it there and trust its enough on my DOS table, or try and better it.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Ooc: not this guy. I need a nap first.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

"You and your Men have done well," Arbogast says, indicating the felled trees to either side of the road, "but you know as well as we that the Wood is loath to release its grasp on what it once has seized - your dedication to the security of the road is commendable.  If you would let us pass to the Millfort, as my friend has requested, we will commend you to the Roadwarden." 

:ooc: I'm guessing we'll be allowed to pass, but let's see what else we can wrangle from this guy.  Rolling Persuade:

:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 3, 6, total 14
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 28, 2017, 08:35 AMI love this stuff! I just don't wan to hold up the game on dialogue opportunities if they are not critical (i.e. the stuff I have above about Esgalwen seeing the trouble in Arbogast's eyes and trying to reassure him.)

:ooc: Sorry - I completely missed the cue there! 

Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: It's fine, Paul. It was not a narrative breaker - just an opportunity for inter-character dialogue.

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Obviously the road has gotten to Grimbeorn where even a simple introduction meant to be slightly grandiose turned into something gnarled and overbearing like the forest through which they traveled.  Even he realized that he should probably keep from speaking for awhile but his silence was even surly.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

:ooc: unless Paul wants to try anything else I think we are willing to let the 4 ride.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: Ahem, that would be the six, thanks awfully

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: I didn't have anything else planned, though, in case you're wondering. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Oct 02, 2017, 04:35 PM #56 Last Edit: Oct 02, 2017, 04:40 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Hey Paul - yea, I am not waiting on anybody but me.

We have our Ren Fest going on this time of year and the weekend was slammed with all day at the fest with two of my daughters, and then Sunday pumpkin picking. Going to be there again this coming weekend with my wife, son and youngest daughter.

Needless to say, I have been tired and getting caught up on sleep. I will update our story tonight or tomorrow.

Eclecticon

:ooc: No worries, mate.  Good to see you and the family looking well! 

Hey, a quick point of interest - any idea why they're called Renaissance fairs in the States?  Everywhere else I've been to one (i.e. here in Australia, plus Britain and Germany) they're 'medieval fairs'.

Character sheet

Telcontar

My guess is that Renaissance is more amorphous in terms of period and acceptable scope. If I heard Menieval I would think more Dark Ages. Renaisance is more fantastical, absurd, and with more cleavage.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Renaissance sounds cooler.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16