• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:49 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Traitors in the Night - round 2

Started by tomcat, Jun 13, 2015, 03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jun 13, 2015, 03:58 PM Last Edit: Jun 14, 2015, 05:24 PM by tomcat
Situation: The company is engaged in combat with Dagmar's five companions - all of which have a hunting dog at their beck and call.

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):
• Dagmar and her companions are in a defensive position (trying to withdraw) and have initiative
• No combat advantages rolled
• It is night - darkness will inflict a TN +2 modifier to anyone goes outside the torchlight to attack. I will apply this based on narrative of the combat.

PC/NPC PARRY ARMOUR HOPE [HATE] ENDURANCE
Arbogast
Bandy
Esgalwen
Grimbeorn
Orophin
Rorin
6 [9 in woods] (shield +2)
6 (shield n/a)
6 [+3 skirmisher] (shield n/a)
4 (shield +2)
7 (shield +1)
4 (shield n/a)
1d (headgear +1)
1d (headgear n/a)
1d (headgear n/a)
0 (headgear +1)
1d (headgear n/a)
5d (headgear +4)
13/16
17/18
11/11
10/12
10/10
10/10
5/26
0/22
0/25
9/28
0/24
4/32
Dagmar
Tyrant Hillman T1
Tyrant Hillman T2
Tyrant Hillman T3
Tyrant Hillman T4
Tyrant Hillman T5
4 +2(shield)
4 +2(shield)
4 +2(shield)
4 +2(shield)
4 +2(shield)
4 +2(shield)
2d+2
2d+2
2d+2
2d+2
2d+2
2d+2
2/3
2/3
2/3
2/3
2/3
2/3
16/16, Wounded and Unconscious
16/16, Unconscious
16/16, Unconscious
0/16, has dog
0/16, has dog
7/16 has dog
BATTLE STANCETNPCEnemy EngagedOPTIONS
Forward - action order 1
Close combat
TN 6+nonenoneIntimidate - may forgo attack and make Awe or Battle  roll to remove 1 or more Hate from enemies on success; fail PC loses 1 Hope
Open - action order 2
Close combat
TN 9+Arbogast, Esgalwen,
Grimbeorn
T5, none,
T3
Rally - may forgo attack and make Inspire or Song roll, restore 1 or more Encumbrance to all PC's on success; fail PC loses 1 Hope
Defensive - action order 3
Close combat
TN 12+RorinT4Prepare Shot - spend an entire round aiming shot, if your attack succeeds in the next round, you achieve a Called Shot
Rearward - action order 4
Ranged combat
Must be 2 other PC's in Close Combat
May not use if outnumbered 2:1
TN 12+Bandy, Orophinn/aProtect Companion - choose a companion in Open or Forward, if they are hit you may spend 1 Hope and become the target of the attack instead
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Still raging, Grimbeorn moves to attack the man whose weapon and dog bit him so dearly.

:ooc:
(Axes)   ♦♦♦○○○
 :00:
Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 6, 6, total 17

:dmg: 7/9, edge :g:, injury 18/20
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

:ooc: POINT OF ORDER
None of the Enemies can be aligned against Foes if they are in a rearward stance. Also, each piercing blow can be avoided and have the dog take it instead of the man due to their "Beast Tamer Trait"

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc:  Hey Tom, I don't think any bad guys are aligned to the Rearward people. In fact, the only three still standing are:

T3 against Grimbeorn
T4 who is being held captive by Rorin
T5 against Arbogast

My chart in the first thread isn't displaying what PC is facing which NPC, it is just a two column table that gives immediate conditions of characters. I also know about the Piercing attacks - I ran down through all of the PC hits, but no one pierced in Round 1, so I couldn't kill any dogs.  ;D
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Jun 14, 2015, 02:43 AM #4 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2015, 07:05 AM by tomcat
The leaves were quickly consumed in the bright flame. Most of the men of Tyrant's Hill lay dying on the forest floor and their leader had been the first to fall. The two men survivors had worked their way towards Dagmar, but unable to reach her they fled into the dark of night.

The men must roll Athletic rolls to escape
TN 16 v Grimbeorn; TN 12 v Arbogast Athletics ♦♦○○○○
:00: T3-  1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4

:00: T5-  1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Jun 14, 2015, 07:09 AM #5 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2015, 07:19 AM by tomcat
:ooc: T3 rolled an :~~: , which is an autosuccess for villains. He disappears into the darkness before Grimbeorn's attack rolls take affect.

T5 failed his roll and so Arbogast may still make an attack roll against him before he is out of the camp.

GandalfOfBorg

"You will not get away so easily," grimbeorn called.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

"Feh," calls Arbogast, "let the orcs and spiders take him!"  Then he narrows his eyes and presses his attack against the remaining Man of Tyrant's Hill. 

:ooc: DC 9+4+2 = 15 Long-hafted axe 2
:00: 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12

{:dmg:} 5, Edge :g:, Injury 18
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Wow, I didn't expect that kind of result!  I think that's 9 damage, which should render the guy unconscious.  For flavour, could I ask to shield-bash the man down, rather than anything more lethal?
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: are you using the axetwo handed?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Jun 14, 2015, 05:30 PM #10 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2015, 05:31 PM by tomcat
:ooc:  he carries a shield, Tom, so it's 9 END loss.

Nice combat guys! I will add a new narrative thread here shortly.

Unless you guys are going to run after the last man, this combat is over. Even though Dagmar is a Loremaster character, and they are killed on any Piercing wounds, I am going to make her just Wounded.

Stefan

:ooc: Since Orophin is Clever, would he be able to make a hunting roll to  know roughly what path the man would follow running back to Tyrants Hill and perhaps cut him off?

Hunting
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10

Rolled 2d6 : 6, 1, total 7

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Stefan, yes. He can go after the last Tyrant Hillman and it will require Hunting tests - and maybe some other Athletic/Endurance type tests.

But you need to consider the following before you run off into the night - there are 4 unconscious prisoners and 1 awake. Grimbeorn is leaving to get aid from Tent-town, so that would leave only:

Arbogast
Bandy
Esgalwen
Rorin

to keep the prisoners. If you decide to go, that is fine. I will run the tests here, but I will bring the results into the new narrative thread called Questions and Answers.

Stefan

:ooc: It may not be my best choice ever, but I think it would be best not to let him get back to where ever and tell whom ever is there all they've learned about us and our meeting.  I'll follow him and try to kill him if I can before he gets back to his people.

tomcat

:ooc: Cool!  ;D

I like when PC's do the thing not expected. It makes it not so...standard.

Give me some time to read the book on a chase, but I will have something here shortly. I am going to update the lead thread in Questions and Answers to add your decision.