• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 07:57 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

I have never seen that before, Matt.

I see your other characters, too. Is Grimbeorn created under the same login, or is it shared with a different login? It seems to me that the character is created under one name, but permissions are granted to another login.

Maybe?

When you look at your character list, do they all have the same EDIT screen?

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

All right - the character drop down list has been updated.

All broken links have been repaired, too, for the other games that are not being played here right now.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

I might remove -

Chronicles of the North

To Boldly Go

Tempest Rising

I am not sure those games have anymore story to tell. Even 501st could be called.

That said, Tom, there could be story to be told for Celdrahil and Farok.

I don't know - you and Matt are the only ones left that played in those games. Let me know, guys.

Telcontar

I think both have some great stories in them. But that doesnt mean it cant be a system change or has to happen soon. Both of those guys really had peraonality all their own and Farok's story and adventures may have been the best character I had here on the boards.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

The 3 CODA characters I have made look to have a lengthier list than the TOR character.  I don't recall how the character sheet was created (upload, Doug doing it for me, or something else).  I also wouldn't be surprised that it was corrupted in the past as well.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

As for our legacy characters/campaigns, it sure was fun to play a starship captain ... you didn't make it easy  :)   and would've been interesting to see the formation/predecessors of the Rangers of the North. All that said, if you don't think we'll come back to them, I'm ok.   But you could always bring Edrahil to the present  ;)
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Well, if you have the desire to revisit those stories in the future, Matt, then let's make it so!  ;D

I actually like the idea, myself - they have just sat idle for so long.

Anyway, as for Grimbeorn. You can print the sheet - delete it, and then recreate.

Up to you, man. Just be sure to print it to PDF, because then you should be able to copy and paste from the printout. Your call. Maybe you can export him and then re-import - I have never tried those functions.

Telcontar

I think both of those story lines are cool. They had great characters but the story arcs and interest in the game needs to be high. I was never really vested in the mechanics of either game so if Doug reskinned the characters in another system that would be okay. But I really think Doug needs to be passionate about the chapter or story that is going to be told and that means he needs to feel connected to the genre. I am cool with putting them on ice but i really really feel like these characters have a future if the current story or system they were left in doesnt.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

I have a lot of passion for the Star Wars story, and even the Lord of the Rings. Unfortunately, you brought both characters into the stories as they were waning. The Chronicles of the North was a blast through the first 11 chapters and twelve years of telling.

Black Sun was awesome, too, but Farok, too, had been introduced after the primary story had been told.

All of that said, I have had plenty of time away from the games and that allows for new creativity. Mechanics-wise... I really like both.

So, I will keep the lists in the dropdown and we'll see where we go with those characters in the future.

Telcontar

I have a feeling now that your playing this chapter of TOR at somepoint after that one of these will be back.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Posterboy

I also enjoyed the 501st and Tempest Rising games. A Galaxy Far, Far Away is my sweet spot... probably even more so than Middle Earth. (I do have a soft spot for Abby... and Derecho Squad)

While have I loved watching Trek (original and TNG), I have never enjoyed roleplaying in the game setting.

I do LOVE the Firefly/Serenity setting and game system though! That is all sorts of good fun.

I'd also consider a modern military game. Your mechanics, Doug, look pretty interesting...

Just throwing it out there.

Eclecticon

Quote from: Telcontar on Jan 30, 2018, 02:52 AMHow do you see the traits manifesting?if they are used to auto pass a roll it removes the risk of rolling an eye in the encounter.
That's true, but by using a Trait for an auto-success you also pass up the opportunity for an Advancement Point (as Arbogast has been doing every time we travel in Mirkwood).  A more interesting use of Traits is to enable a roll for success in circumstances where people without the Trait wouldn't get to. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

Before I get back into the story, Tom, I notice that Hathcyn is fairly old for a starting character.  At 28, he's the second-oldest character after Esgalwen.  I don't have a problem with this if it's intentional - just checking. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

Quote from: Posterboy on Jan 30, 2018, 06:38 PMI also enjoyed the 501st and Tempest Rising games. A Galaxy Far, Far Away is my sweet spot... probably even more so than Middle Earth. (I do have a soft spot for Abby... and Derecho Squad)

While have I loved watching Trek (original and TNG), I have never enjoyed roleplaying in the game setting.

I do LOVE the Firefly/Serenity setting and game system though! That is all sorts of good fun.

I'd also consider a modern military game. Your mechanics, Doug, look pretty interesting...

Just throwing it out there.

Wow! I am sorry, Ayrn. I forget how long you have been with us, too.  ;)

Yes, your PCs have had a great impact on our stories for a long time, too.

GandalfOfBorg

Jan 31, 2018, 04:15 AM #989 Last Edit: Jan 31, 2018, 04:27 AM by GandalfOfBorg
Doug, I'm up for any of those campaigns being rebooted... just need to dust off the memory files for those systems and I'm ready to rock!

I'll give it a shot to reimport the character sheet.
--
UPDATE:
1. Tried to download and delete old file --- FAILED, I didn't create the file (it was shared with me).  When "deleted", I was supposed to lose edit privileges but that didn't happen either.
2. Created Grimbeorn2 and tried to upload the old file with new name to overwrite a blank sheet --- FAILED, the site function doesn't work.

Looks like I will hand edit the Grimbeorn2 (ID=1284).
Gwaithlim Weapons