• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Jul 05, 2022, 08:17 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

I'm happy for you (or anyone but me, really) to do do that if you have the time. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Yes I like that new feature in the rules.  More opportunities to describe the journey which can be easily overlooked in other games or stories.

Telcontar

Tauler was an unexpected turn of events.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Frankly, if you marched into the heart of Mirkwood and everything panned out the way you expected, I think you'd all feel kind of cheated.

Character sheet

tomcat

Hey guys,

It is a big weekend at this end for us - graduation commencement and party for my son, Memorial Day family time, and then next week I will be in North Carolina with my friends for our annual weekly gather and game event.

So, I will be paying attention to the game and I will get in a post through it all, but I might be slow... er, slower than usual.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

No worries.  I hope the game is a blast, and congratulations to your son! 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Thanks for being patient with my foot-dragging this past week.  It's taken me a bit to work out how to adapt how I'd run this next couple of scenes at a table vs doing it in PBP.  Hopefully the result will be worth it.  And if not, please say so anyway. 

Character sheet

tomcat

I will have a post up for Esgalwen by tomorrow, Paul.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

I'm trying to work out what direction I want this to go in for Hathcyn.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Take your time, guys.  It's good to make this count.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Usual apologies for the usual delay - we have a Bill going into Parliament... sometime soon?  It's supposed to be in the Cabinet bag already but we're still getting drafting amendments from other departments aaaaaaaaaaand there's a lot of boring detail that you guys don't, and shouldn't, care about.  The upshot is that I haven't had the time and energy to do more posts at the same time. 

At some point (surely?) things will calm down and I'll kick things on some more.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Come Monday, I'll be taking my family camping for a week up in some local mountains.  When we did this last year, we wound up getting caught in a COVID lockdown and two days of non-stop rain, so we're looking forward to a better experience this time around.  In particular, my ten year old son is excited about going rock-climbing for the first time.

Anyway, I'll have some connectivity midweek, but other than that I wouldn't expect to hear much out of me.  When I get back again, we can start the homeward leg of the story.

In the meantime, how's the summer treating everyone?

Character sheet

Telcontar

I have a acquired what might be an illegal grill, marinated steaks, and purchased a 30 pack of Coors Light Beers to celebrate the first people, in what would be a long long line, to tell the English to F off and have it stick.

100% chance my German neighbors are not ready for this.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Quote from: Telcontar on Jul 02, 2022, 02:30 AM... the first people, in what would be a long long line, to tell the English to F off and have it stick.

(Laughs in French.)

Character sheet