• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 07:41 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Agreed.  Just from reading through the rules I'm already looking forward to being able to switch over.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Yeah, we need the hinted at and implied conversion rules.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Though I would be fine with importing the journey rules now.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

I bought all the books, but I am not sold.

I do not like everything going into a dice cup. I like 1e variable TN's, stances, encounters. I like monsters and NPC's having an attribute that controls their skills and damages. I like PC backgrounds and callings. I like Hope being static and not dependent now on a dice - especially for a commodity that is hard to regain.

So... I can wait on any transitions myself.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Hmmm. I'll have time tomorrow at work to break this down and do a compare.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: I'm also not a huge fan of losing the character backgrounds, though in practice they don't seem to inform play much beyond the first few sessions.  The journey rules do seem far superior, though, and I'll happily experiment with adopting them if everyone else is alright with the idea.  If they don't work out for us, we can go back to the old style. 

Same for any other part of the 2E rules - for all the odd moments of mechanical clunkiness, we've told a good story for nearly eight years with 1E, and I see no burning need to change anything. 

Character sheet

tomcat

I have read the new Journey rules and I am down with them being integrated into our game.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

I didnt have time today. But...

I think in the new rules the attributes mean something now. The PC backgrounds were character concept nudges but I dont think I ever really used them to build a character other than the mechanics. I think success is a lot easier and it comes down to burning success dice. Wasnt decipher like that Doig where you burned dice to tweak your rolls?

Also Hole only adds a die but it comes back a lot faster. I am very curious about how that impacts longer play. The wearing and grinding of the shadow has very much shaped our game in deep and profound ways. The hope bit is the one thing that I am most shakey on.

I do think the travel rolls will put fellowship rolls back into the game allow for narrative prompts and not rely on the LM, and use some
Skills we dont use. I remember starting Hathcyn off as a Hunter and I think I have only used the skill a handful of times. Overall I think journey is a huge plus. More narrative options, utilizes unused skills, easier to calculate and execute.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Sounds like everyone is interested in the new journey rules.

In addition to that what does everyone think about the success dice spending? This is another piece that I like and think we could easily add into our game.

I like the variety it gives to great and extraordinary successes.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Sorry for the delay everyone.  There'll a new post up later today.

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Going on cruise until 2/20... connection will be spotty but will try to maintain some semblance of activity.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Have a great time.  Where are you going?

Character sheet

Telcontar

Bookmark on my phone isnt working, anyone else having this problem.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Not me.

Have a great time, Matt!

Telcontar

hmmm. deleted it and rebookmarked and it works. weird.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear