• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 03:00 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ingress

Started by tomcat, Sep 17, 2013, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Oct 02, 2013, 10:21 AM #75 Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013, 10:33 AM by tomcat
Martel had started across the open terrain between Hill J and then K, moving along the shadow of the hill, but once in the open from the latter the droideka above quickly rotated on its chassis. The droid had not completely moved out of sight when the Jedi had started his dash and the things cruel 'eyes' caught his movement. Not only did it, but the large auto-sentry cannon swiveled to track in on the man.

From his perch, Longshot watched as the defenses of the hill went into a more active search of the land before the Relay Station mount, but thus far there were no klaxons. Was it possible that the droids were unsure of what they had just tracked? Did animals sometimes attract their attention and need to be sorted out whether there was an imminent threat? The Jedi had run through the field of exposure but he hadn't been there long enough to track in on and be shot at. The sniper could only assume that that was the case. But now, the small parcel of terrain between Hill K and the mount was diligently observed.

On top of the Relay Station, the droideka sniper broadcast a message in the binary language, "010110000000110101011100001010010101000111111111." [translate: "ALERT. RETURN TO BASE TO INVESTIGATE POTENTIAL INVADER. (this can only be understood if you guys were trying to snoop with your como gear and also can translate binary)]

To the south and east, as well as the north, the B-1 patrols went on alert and immediately began to move back towards the mountain. Above Hammer and Martel, the two Republic soldiers could hear the servos of the auto sentry cannon as it swiveled trying to lock in on any moving target.

:ooc: Any PC's who now try to move Stealth across the area between Hill K and the mountain will have a -10 penatly.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

:ooc:Ah, Martel... well, at least you have cool Jedi powers.  ;)

Stefan

Hearing the change in tempo of the sounds coming from above him Hammer smirked at the Jedi as he slammed into the rock face to stop himself.

"I think you just screwed the Rancor, Sir"

deadpool

:ooc: Perception to check if the enemies noticed us
Rolled 1d20+12 : 1 + 12, total 13

If succesful then I post the following

As Mitts was getting ready to follow the jedi commander, he noticed he had drawn the attention of the enemy droids. "Stop!" he said to his fellow clones, stretching his arm into the air. "I think we were spotted." after a pause "What do we do now? Longshot, do you see anything?" he said over the comlink.

deadpool

:ooc:OK. I totally screwed the roll. Do I know what's happening or just go for it?

Posterboy

:ooc:Would a HH-15 projectile punch through a Droideka's shield because it is not an energy beam (like a laser), but more like a slug?

GandalfOfBorg

Oct 02, 2013, 11:45 AM #81 Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013, 11:47 AM by GandalfOfBorg
"At moment, I'd take the rancor over this," Martel replied.  "Let's go," he called over the comlink, "we can't wait for them to respond. Sentries may be inbound."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Quote from: deadpool on Oct 02, 2013, 11:34 AM:ooc:OK. I totally screwed the roll. Do I know what's happening or just go for it?

:ooc: Hey Deadpool, I have to say that if it was anything other than a rolled 1, I would give you benefit of the doubt because the DC to know that Martel was seen would only be a 10 (if not less) - you all would notice the sniper droideka quickly whirl its sniper blaster around. But, because it is a disastrous roll, I am going to say that Mitts made the dash.

Keep adding any posts you want here guys with dialogue/narrative, but I will be opening a thread for combat rounds.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Zilfallion

Haywire had little choice, they had to move and had to move now from the sounds of it.  Listening to orders from the commander he crossed the distance over to the ridge that had the access door.  Martel was definitely right.  They couldn't afford to wait for sentries to come investigate if they'd been spotted.  Once over to the door, Haywire would quickly check to see if it was locked, and how it was locked if so.  "Mines in my pack if you want to set out a mine for the spider.  I've got the door." He'd say quietly to Hammer and Martel.  This was likely the access to where he'd need to plant explosives and possibly a control console for overloading the power generator, and if they needed to get in quick, it was better he start now instead of planting mines.

Stealth at -10 1d20+16 : 16 + 16, total 32

:ooc: In general, SR applies to everything unless it specifies otherwise.

You know, I've got pretty much no hope of making this stealth check, but just doing it because.  As for Limpet mines, unless I attach a manual trigger to them, they require getting adjacent to the droid to plant on it.  Anti-vehicular may pick up large spider droids for detonation, but Ion I'm carrying are best if we still want to maintain a lower profile.  Explosives are noisy.  As for planting mines, no mechanics check required for those.(Unfortunately, I'd get +2 dice on them if it did.)  They're just a standard action to place.  Entirely up to you two if you want to take the actions to do that.

Zilfallion

:ooc: Hmm, you know at a 22 After the -10 penalty, that's not too too bad.  and by that I mean if the Droideka rolls a nat 1 again it might miss seeing me.

tomcat

Oct 02, 2013, 05:09 PM #85 Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013, 05:17 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Zil's response is the answer.  A droideka's shields will absorb the damage from the explosion.

Also, Zil, you are seen by both turret and droideka.

Posterboy

:ooc:Bah! Alright... here we go!

Perception check to see if Booth notices the droideka/turrets on alert

Perception: 1d20+12 : 5 + 12, total 17

Posterboy

Booth watched Mitts and Haywire rush after the commander. Something's not right... the clone sergeant could feel it. A quick peek around the hillside and Booth could tell his men had been spotted. The droideka and auto turrets were tracking his men. "Mitts! Haywire! Watch out!"

Rifle up, Booth fired upon the droideka, hoping to provide some cover for his men as they crossed.

:ooc:Not sure if I can do an attack roll now, but if so, here it is:

Attack against Droideka: 1d20+10 : 3 + 10, total 13

Rolled 3d8+4 : 5, 3, 8 + 4, total 20

Booth continued giving orders, his voice crisp and commanding. "Longshot, we need the sniper and turrets offline before we make the climb."

tomcat

Oct 02, 2013, 07:20 PM #88 Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013, 07:23 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Only a slight bit of GM confusion - just to keep us all on the same track:

Okay the team successfully made it to Hill J with Longshot on Hill H for support. I then rolled a 28 for the droideka's observation that included a penalty for Hill K that might block its view to your team. I then got the following Stealth rolls which meant the team was moving to the base of the hill upon which sits the relay station:

Hammer rolled a 26 +4FP and succeeded with a 30
Booth rolled a 28 success
Martel failed with a 20

This caused the droids to go on alert which changed the test parameters to -10 penalty for the remaining team mates (Mitts and Haywire); also the auto-turrets were now active and had a 33 Perception.

Mitts did not roll a Stealth check, but failed on his Perception to notice the droids' alert status and so it's assumed he moved due to this.
Haywire failed his roll with a 22

Okay, because they all moved, I have the Team now at the foot of the hill, but Mitts and Haywire will be able to be attacked as they run across the open ground. All the other team mates are covered by the first tier of the mountain from any attackers above. As you guys are safe, so are the threats above unless you move out to gain LOS.

So, I accept Booth's last post, but I am calling it that he is making his statements from the base of the mountain, not behind them offering cover.

Any questions, let me know.

Posterboy

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 02, 2013, 10:21 AM
Above Hammer and Martel, the two Republic soldiers could hear the servos of the auto sentry cannon as it swiveled trying to lock in on any moving target.

:ooc: Any PC's who now try to move Stealth across the area between Hill K and the mountain will have a -10 penatly.

:ooc:Sorry, I took it from the post quoted above that only Martel and Hammer had crossed. I'm fine with it going either way, Booth staying at Hill J and firing at (and missing) the Droideka OR being at the base of the station.

I think we need to take out those turrets and sniper before we attempt to ascend the station's hills... it's two climbs to get to the access hatch and atleast 1 turret is going to be hammering us once we climb over the lip of the first tier... and might shoot down our ascension cables when we even attempt the first climb. We also have at least one spider droid that is about to find us, and they have no problem ascending hillsides. Ideas on how to deal with our present threats?

Doug, can the sniper and both turrets target us once we climb to the first tier?