• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 11:55 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ingress

Started by tomcat, Sep 17, 2013, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callowmoryne

Longshot gave Martel nod. "Thanks . I'll settle for the force being with you guys. Bringing you all back in one piece. If it all goes to Gutkarr poo, I'll be here to draw their fire."

Zilfallion

The trip from the speeder to the installation had been a bit more taxing on Haywire than he'd anticipated.  A slight bit of heat exhaustion wouldn't severely hamper his ability to perform though.  They were much too close now to turn back or wait.  He'd be dealing with it for most of the operation if not all of it.  Once they finished the mission he'd have a chance to rest and recover. 

After the quick stealthy maneuver over to another rock, leaving Longshot in a position he'd be able to provide cover fire if they needed it, Haywire finally got a good first-hand look at the power generator he'd be exploding.  It was going to be a glorious explosion.  Most likely his biggest one yet.  There would be zero chance of that station coming operational again after it went, since there wouldn't be a station anymore.  Using what he could see of the generator, he'd try to make sure it matched up with the information the engineers had provided or if the Separatists had made any obvious modifications without revealing himself.

:ooc: My apologies, got a bit busy in real life.  Yeah, I'm fine with the roll.  Glad you went ahead and did it without me.  Should have made time to at least come over here and warn people.  Sorry.

Is the cooling equipment for the generator outside or inside the facility?  If we go with just explosives on the cooling equipment, do we actually have to enter the facility?  I'm not sure why this didn't occur to me to ask earlier.  Fresh eyes I guess.

Stefan

Hammer moved with Haywire on point up to the closer hill.  They were close now, he could almost smell the oil on the droids guarding this place.  He glanced up at the sniper first, hoping that they were close enougo to the wall that it could no longer see them.  Then he watched the Spider droid on it's track, timing it's pace, preparing for the order to either kill it or sneak past.

tomcat

Sep 27, 2013, 07:51 AM #63 Last Edit: Sep 27, 2013, 07:57 AM by tomcat
:ooc: The equipment that cools the generator is twofold. The outside condensing unit heat exchanger and fans are plainly visible, while the inside evaporator and fan are obviously inside. The huge turbines that fill the 4 half-circular protrusions that stick up from the ground are also kept linked by the huge enclosed shaft that runs the length of the generator. The Republic schematics assume either a geo-thermal system of conduction or some kind fission reactor to heat the fluids that then turn the turbines. Only the turbines and shaft (half of them) are visible above the ground along with the condensing heat exchange fans - the rest is underground.

There is an apparent man-door that is armored, but gives access into the mountainside by the turbines.

Republic schematics also assume a two-interface control system for the generator: 1) that would be down within the generator structure that engineers monitor; 2) one that would be in the relay station that engineers monitor.

So Haywire has a number of options. With any machine that rotates and makes heat - you kill the conduction unit, you kill the cooling unit, or you kill the mechanical unit (i.e. the turbine and shaft). You guys want an overload and an explosion, so it is recommended that you destroy the thing that keeps the generator cool so that it overheats/overcharges and BOOM! - blows up the whole mountain and everything with it. Any other choice would stop the power generator but it would only be temporary until the components could be repaired.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:We'd like to wait until the spider droid is out of sight, going back around the southern face of the hill.  What do we need to do to get from the edge of J and on our way to that hatch (which I believe was our point of ingress)?
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: The last 45 meters will require a Stealth check of:

Sniper Droideka Observer Perception
:00: DC n/a Perception +21, terrain -5
Rolled 1d20+16 : 12 + 16, total 28

The team began to prepare to make the dash across the open ground before them when a hiss cracked in their ears. Longshot whispered only a few words, "New target. Spider droid number 2."

Still out of sight to the team, another spider droid appeared at the far base of the hill, lumbering along the same path as its partner.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Sep 30, 2013, 04:42 PM #66 Last Edit: Sep 30, 2013, 04:56 PM by tomcat
On the far side of the planetary system that surrounded Phaeda, the Dauntless, a Venator-class Star Destroyer lay alongside three other ships of her class. The ship was brand new and had rolled out of the Allanteen Six shipyards not a month before. Her command had been recently bestowed upon General Anakin Skywalker, but the famous Jedi was not presently aboard, and so Captain Ballaard currently held the con.

The ship's commanding officer along with his staff stood in front of a large holomap that displayed a particular series of stars and their planetary systems along the Braxant Run. His eyes met a Lieutenant that was in charge of the evening's communications. The young man gave a nervous report, "Still nothing, Sir. The primary team has not reported, nor have we seen any change in the intersystem relay communications."

Ballaard nodded as he turned to his engineer, "Kroviss, I want our hyperdrives spooled to readiness so as soon as the comm relay goes down, we pounce. I want all three of those stations to be receiving our orbital bombardment before any get a chance to transmit a warning."

"Understood, Sir!"

Again the young Lieutenant spoke, "Sir with the destruction of the primary relay station by Team Derecho, won't the CIS be unable to receive any warnings?"

"Lieutenant, when that station goes offline due to our special team, the whole relay system is going to be taken completely down and we shall push back the Confederacy's hold by light years."

Stefan

Hammer waited till both Spider droids were headed away from their ingress point and sprinted across the open terrain, pressing his body against the rock wall at the far side and wating a heartbeat to hear if the droideka had spotted him before waving his companions across.

Stealth:
Rolled 1d20+17 : 7 + 17, total 24

FP(if necessary):
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:Before I make an in-game post, I want to confirm that we see all of the droids indicated on the map.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Posterboy

:ooc:Getting hammered at work and home at the moment. Sorry for the short post... couple questions:

1) Once we climb up to the first level, will the auto turrets have line of sight to us? Will the Droideka Sniper?

2) TEAM: I'm wondering if we should try to take out some of these spider droids prior to the climb? Or if Longshot should use his HE launcher to hit the Droideka Sniper to start, and then each of the turrets, and then maybe one of the patrols. I don't know how we're going to get into access hatch without alerting the base. Thoughts?

Here might be a multi-team plan: Longshot tries to take on the droideka sniper and the turrets while the other 4 clones move up and ascend the hill. Martel, stays hidden at Hill J waiting for spider droid to begin to give chase to clones, comes up behind spider droid and slashes the droid to bits? Then, maybe goes back to support Longshot, who's probably dealing with patrols by this time? I'm just spitballin' here... other thoughts?

Stealth roll for the last 45m:
Stealthy Booth: 1d20+17 : 11 + 17, total 28

Booth took a deep, steadying breath as he readied himself for the final 45 meters to the base of the Relay Station and waited for the spider droid to move around out of view. Two quick cable jumps to the hatch. Secure the perimeter and we're in.

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 30, 2013, 04:23 PM
The team began to prepare to make the dash across the open ground before them when a hiss cracked in their ears. Longshot whispered only a few words, "New target. Spider droid number 2."

"Copy," Booth spoke softly in reply. Things never go easy...

tomcat

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Oct 01, 2013, 04:47 AM:ooc: Before I make an in-game post, I want to confirm that we see all of the droids indicated on the map.

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 01, 2013, 04:25 AMHammer waited till both Spider droids were headed away from their ingress point and sprinted across the open terrain, pressing his body against the rock wall at the far side and waiting a heartbeat to hear if the droideka had spotted him before waving his companions across.

Quote from: Posterboy on Oct 01, 2013, 05:51 AM:ooc: Getting hammered at work and home at the moment. Sorry for the short post... couple questions:

1) Once we climb up to the first level, will the auto turrets have line of sight to us? Will the Droideka Sniper?

:ooc: Replies in order:

Matt, Longshot has eyeballs on both spider droids. You guys can only see the backside of the one disappearing around the hill to the south (S-D1), and the droideka sniper on the top of the building. You can also see the auto-turrets. The new spider droid is not visible to you, or you to it, due to the large rock formation between Hill J and the Relay Station's hill. I am going to mark it as K.

Stefan, if you keep with your current post that is fine. Hammer is not seen due to your great roll, but the spider droid (S-D2) that just is rounding the north side of the hill will be walking south along the path and will eventually come eye-to-eye with Hammer. Maybe Haywire could drop a couple Limpet mines so when those things follow over the path... BOOM! They are like a tank or vehicle, as far as I am concerned.

Aryn, the auto-turrets will get a Perception roll as soon as you guys move south of Hill K. They have a 90-degree firing arc that covers over the generator and the open field in front of the hill. I am going to mark their firing corridor for you guys - understand that this is meta-game knowledge, not necessarily something your PC's know. The droideka sniper's Perception test is what you guys are rolling against now - it received a -5 due to Hill K being in the way for half of the run to the Relay Station hill.

Anymore questions, let me know.

Stefan

:ooc:I'm going to stick with the move, both beacause we're going to have to move over there one way or another and because I'd really hate to try to have to make that roll again.  Hammer is waiting with his back to the wall and he knows that there are 2 spider droids even if he can't see either of them so he will be prepared to fire, if necessary, no matter which he sees first.

GandalfOfBorg

"We wait until that droid is out of view and then make a run for it," says Martel.  He then hears the update from the sniper. Can only play the sabacc hand you're given.  When the droid is clear, Hammer makes his run.  "We only live once, boys.  Let's go!" And the Padawan follows in the first clone's footsteps.

:ooc:
Stealth -  1d20+8 : 12 + 8, total 20

If necessary:
Force Point -  2d6+0 : 4, 5, total 9

Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:Argh, nix the FP, there is no way I could overcome the spread.  What kind of commander of a commando unit isn't trained in stealth? LOL
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

:ooc: Okay Matt, you were observed by the sniper droideka. I now want to see if either Auto-cannon senses you:

Auto Sentry Gun
:00: DC 20 Perception +16
Rolled 1d20+16 : 17 + 16, total 33