• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 05:17 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Cavern engagement - Round 10

Started by tomcat, Sep 29, 2012, 05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Sep 29, 2012, 05:31 AM Last Edit: Oct 01, 2012, 08:28 AM by tomcat
Music to read and post to!

Situation: Shade retreats from the final assaut in the cavern.

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • Darkness - PC's suffer a -5 to Perception checks and a -2 to combat unless equipped with low-light gear
  • Anyone who has LOS to Kaida gets +1 To Hit this entire encounter due to Born Leader talent

BIT - 39/75
Caden - 2/53
Farok - 41/72
Fett - 18/87
Kaida - 21/55
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shade - 89/93 -2 CT

Consumption:

PCPrimary  |  Secondary  |  Weapon 3  |  Misc
BITsniper blaster rifle 11/30  |  hvy blaster pistol 3/200  |  jetpack 5/10
Cadenhvy blaster pistol 7/200  | 
Faroklightsaber n/a  |  blaster pistol 0/100
Kaida*blaster carbine 15/150  |  lt repeat blaster 0/150  | 
Fett*blaster carbine 47/150  |  flamethrower 0/5  |  missiles 1/4  |  jet pack 2/10
*not all weapons listed
-amunition is either power packs (50 shots each), or energy cells (6 shots each) and are added together in your total - what is in the gun and the spare clips you have

Equipment:
BIT - 285 credits, heavy blaster pistol, sniper blaster rifle w/ scope and bipod (SaV - must be aimed or take a -5 penalty to attack), shadowsuit, Arakyd Hush-About personal jetpack (5 fuel cells), sound sponge, utility belt, 5 power packs, long-range comlink, datapad, all-temperature cloak
Brim - hold-out blaster with 2 energy cells, lightsaber, 260 credits, datapad, long-range comlink, syntherope, 1 ion grenade
Caden -  heavy blaster pistol with 3 spare power packs, hold-out blaster, combat gloves, pocket scrambler, utility belt (3-day food supply, 3 medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), medical kit, all-temperature cloak, datapad, credit stick
Farok - lightsaber, baton, medpacs, back pack, 2 blaster pistols
Kaida - blaster carbine, heavy blaster pistol, hold-out blaster with spare energy cell, light repeating blaster with 2 spare power packs, 2 ion, shadowsuit and helmet, 2 concealed holsters, all-temperature cloak (unless armor makes it useless), basic datapad, binder cuffs, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, mesh tape, pocket scrambler, 5 ration packs, 2 computer spikes (+2), security kit, credit chip, field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 4-day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmospher canisters, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak)

Initiative:
Sam (+11) 31
Farok (+1) 21 (nat 20, auto first initiative)
Kaida (+11) 28
BIT (+12) 27
Fett (+11) 23
Caden (+5) 21
Shade (+14) 18
Missile crew (+8) 15

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: healing surge. Is that a standard action?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

:ooc: Ugh. Life seems like it'll get a lot harder for our crew if we don't finish Shade off, and Fett's got a deal to get him, too. I'm not sure how can do that now, though... Can/should I call the Aegis and have Sam turn the building to rubble?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

:ooc: I'm thinking of running in there, but i need more of an edge.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 29, 2012, 06:57 AM:ooc: healing surge. Is that a standard action?

:ooc: What is healing surge, Tom?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: sorry, second wing? Also, are Shade's Hit points correct as they stand now?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Second Wind is a Swift action, and I corrected Shade's hit points - thanks for letting me know it wasn't recorded right.

Telcontar

Time slowed to a crawl for Farok. The rain was falling in torrents around him and the failed Jedi was still not used to such open displays of water after so long in the desert. He saw the ship come into the ravine, he felt the closeness of his bound companion on board and observed almost from outside of his body the ship being pummeled by surface to air rockets. The concussion of which reminded him of battles long past, the smell of burnt ozone, the scorched flesh and copper taste of his own blood. Somehow the one armed man had found himself in battle again, a collapsed and ripped form at his feet the last remaining shell of a foe. Turning his head he saw the battered skiff which bore those of his companions still alive and engaged. He scanned the battlefield once more and saw the figure fleeing the fight.

The Dark Jedi, the nemesis of every fiber of his body and being. The dark figure that relished in the pain of others was now attempting to flee the battle field. Farok felt the rain on his face and his lightsaber began to swing in his hand guided more by the force than the conscious decision of the one armed man. Whoosh whoosh whoooosh....

The rain fell and the one armed padawan began to run. His feet moving before him faster and faster as the lightsaber swung in its deadly arc. Leaping over the body of his fellow force user he closed with the Dark Jedi, every lesson of the makashi school thundered in his head as he closed. Farok was conscious only of his foe before him as the lightsaber swung again and again in its rhythmic arcs, up the blade came once more seeking to end the Dark Jedi.
"NAZARA JINN, DAHAMA FEDAYKIN!!!"

:ooc:
Swift Action: Second Wind
Maniacal Charge
Persuasion Attempt 1d20+5
Lightsaber Attack: Destiny point to hit. I figure that's the most appropriate one that I have spent.  B-)
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Oct 02, 2012, 04:57 AM #8 Last Edit: Oct 02, 2012, 05:08 AM by Jingo

Kaida deftly maneuvered the skiff until it was a couple of feet away from the Aegi's lowering ramp. "Everyone it's time to wrap this up! On the ship now!" She didn't move just yet though. She scanned the cavern with her scope, again and picked out the Dark Jedi. Unbelievably, he was fleeing the scene of the fight!

It was time to go. But she had time for one more shot. She lined up her sights on the back of his torso, and nearly pulled the trigger when Farok suddenly came into her scope, his blade arcing down on their foe. She held her breath anxious for her companion.

She continued to scan, waiting for a clean shot.

:ooc:
Standard: If Farok kills him, she'll use her standard as a second move action to move herself from skiff to Aeigs.
If Farok doesn't kill Shade, she'll use a DP to auto crit on Shade.
Move: Moves the Skiff close enough to the Aegis for ppl to jump on.
Swift: Does Inspire Haste on FAROK.

sdrotar

:ooc: If Kaida's taking the skiff back to the Aegis, Caden will fire at Shade in every opportunity he finds before he gets out of range/sight. He'll use Destiny Points, Force Points, whatever - put 'em all on the table.

"Farok's still down there!", Caden exclaimed, without bothering to look at Kaida. "You're worrying about losing men and then you leave one behind?"
He ripped off as many shots as he could at the Shade, hoping that if he couldn't hit him, then Farok could handle him -- all the while, furious that he may not be able to help.

Jingo

Quote from: sdrotar on Oct 02, 2012, 12:44 PM
:ooc: If Kaida's taking the skiff back to the Aegis, Caden will fire at Shade in every opportunity he finds before he gets out of range/sight. He'll use Destiny Points, Force Points, whatever - put 'em all on the table.

"Farok's still down there!", Caden exclaimed, without bothering to look at Kaida. "You're worrying about losing men and then you leave one behind?"
He ripped off as many shots as he could at the Shade, hoping that if he couldn't hit him, then Farok could handle him -- all the while, furious that he may not be able to help.

:ooc: I'm assuming the Aegis is close enough to still give us LOS to Farok since we felt the explosion from the missile I assume we're close enough to reach it in one Movement action of the skiff.

"Come on!" she responded instead, holding out her hand, motioning the rest of the team to get to the Aegis. "We're picking him up on YOUR ship! It's more protected than this piece of junk." she kicked the skiff for emphasis. "Plus they have a landing pad there remember?"

tomcat

:ooc: All right, the only thing I have accomplished since my last post is to apply Farok's second wind by returning his hit points.

As for some other matters:

First, Matt is not coming around. Not sure what is going on - I see him on Facebook daily - but he has not been here for nine days. Anyway, I am going to perform BIT's actions again if they become necessary. I am also going to assume that he did climb aboard the skiff just before the Aegis was hit with the missile.

Second, per the narratives that you guys have posted, Kaida is driving the skiff UP to meet the Aegis. Sam/Kara had not lowered the landing ramp, but if you want that to be the case, I can make it so and you guys can make rolls to jump aboard.

BUT... if we are going to assume the ship has slowed to a hover to allow people to board, then it is at a FULL STOP. That reduces the ship's DEX to 0, which makes the DEX mod -5, which in turn makes the ship's REF defense an 8.

Also, based on back and forth discussion on the WOTC SW boards regarding shields, since there is no definitive rule mechanic in any book, it has come to a consensus that SW shields are both a physical barrier as well as energy (RotJ - starships explode when they strike the shields around the Death Star). What that means is the Aegis' shields would need to be lowered to allow a physical thing to enter, or a person, so you would not have a Shield Rating for this round. We are still going back and forth with the conversation, as there is also the argument of how does a ship fire a missile through its own shield if it is a physical barrier?

I may revise my shields decision, but I'll let you know. So, do you guys want to risk the Aegis being hit by a missile with no maneuverabilty bonus and no shield protection? Let me know. I will not move this round forward until after I hear from you guys.

If the decision is to find another way on board, then you guys are okay to change your narratives and any actions posted.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 03, 2012, 06:49 PM
. So, do you guys want to risk the Aegis being hit by a missile with no maneuverabilty bonus and no shield protection? Let me know.

:ooc: Umm... no.

tomcat

:ooc: the discussion is still being debated, so I will let you all know if there are new thoughts.

I wanted to point out here, though, that pad in the cave as well as the cave's entrance are neither large enough to allow for the Aegis to land.

Telcontar

:ooc: hmmm. I would say that the shields are sectional and not one continuous shell. So sections or power could be directional. As for firing i would say that the shields would flicker to allow out going. Something akin to a world war one plane shooting its machine guns through its propellers.

Lets make a call and move forward so I can redeem Farok as a jedi or have him get cut down like a sacrificial lamb.   
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear