• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 10:18 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Sebolto's door

Started by tomcat, Apr 26, 2012, 10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Kaida dismounted from her speeder bike and quickly ran to where the Grans lay dead by the broken E-web cannon. She knelt to confirm that each of the mercenaries were no longer a threat and then went to the large door. The stone face of the canyon wall was carved in the manner of a Dug head - Sebolto's to be precise. Vines hung down like long strands of braided hair, although the Dug species did not have such attributes, and beneath the upper lip jowls was cut a door. The noblewoman could easily see the activation controls that were once hidden, but now left revealed by the retreating Gran soldier. She began to hear sitreps from her companions coming through her headset and so she took a position to guard the door in case anything came through it, while her freinds climbed to her location.

It took about ten minutes for them all to climb the tiered rocks with Logar coming last pulling the other speeder bike behind him. The E-web cannon that Kaida had secured to it still there.

The sun passed through its midday position. It was easy to see now, the great canopy of trees withdrawn to the edges of the vale. The heat and humidity were thick and oppressive and the team felt winded even though the climb was not great. Kaida relayed the fact that no one had come through the door, though it had been activated not long ago. She pointed to the revealed keypad that blinked with lights.

Brim went to the noblewoman seeing that she had evidence of multiple wounds, "Come, Kaida. You need tending to." Truth was, there were a few of them that needed aid. The Rodian continued, "We should patch our wounds before we go on. Fett, you are sure that this attack will bring the dark jedi to us?"

Fett's head turned to Brim, "He'll come."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Apr 26, 2012, 12:48 PM #1 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2012, 06:32 PM by tomcat
BIT grabs some of the comm gear from one of the fallen Dugs, ascertain their frequencies, and jam them.

:ooc:
Mechanics - Roll(1d20)+12: 14,+12 Total:26
or
Use Computer - Roll(1d20)+17: 14,+17 Total:31
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Apr 28, 2012, 07:34 PM #2 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2012, 07:37 PM by tomcat
Static filled the handset as BIT worked the frequencies trying to ascertain which bandwidth was the primary source of communication with the facility. Finally a channel opened up of all noise and there was a clean, clear signal. BIT then adjusted the communicator's squawk so that it would make a continuous, shrill sound and he filled the clear channel with the terrible noise. It wouldn't last for long - in fact it would only last as long as the handheld communicator's batteries would hold out, or until the facility changed their bandwidth. In any case, no one would be talking to much on this channel for a while.

While BIT filled his time with jamming the communications and Brim tended the wounded, Sam moved to the electronic door along with Boba Fett. The droid's programming was a hodge podge but within the lines of code was that of a mech. He began to look at the control pad and saw that it had nine character pads that would either need pushed in sequence, or bypassed. The bounty hunter stood next to Sam and began to consider the best way to clear the pass through.

Logar'Dan took up a positon of overwatch and kept an eye on the way they had come. The soldier was not in the mood to have any potential threats that they might have missed catch them from behind.

:ooc: Feel free to give me narrative if you want, but here are some skill checks:

Sam needs to open the door - Use Computer to first evaluate the lock (DC 20) and then Mechanics to open it (DC 15); going to give a +2 bonus to both tests for Fett's assistance.
:00: DC 20 Use Computer +10, assistance +2
Rolled 1d20+12 : 17 + 12, total 29

:00: DC 15 Mechanics +17, assistance +2
Rolled 1d20+19 : 9 + 19, total 28

Brim administers first aid to 6 PC's listed below (I will replace these rolls with Kaida's if Jingo wishes to do this instead) - uses 6 medpacs from gear
:00: DC 15 Treat Injury +4, medpac +2
BIT 1d20+6 : 2 + 6, total 8

Logar 1d20+6 : 19 + 6, total 25

Farok 1d20+6 : 1 + 6, total 7

Brim 1d20+6 : 17 + 6, total 23

Caden 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21

Kaida 1d20+6 : 1 + 6, total 7

For each success, the PC will get back 7+1 point for each point the dice roll exceeds the target number

Consumption:

PCPrimary  |  Secondary  |  Weapon 3  |  Misc
BITsniper blaster rifle 6/30  |  hvy blaster pistol 0/200  |  jetpack 2/10
Brimlightsaber n/a  |  holdout blaster 0/12  |  frags 2/3
Cadenblaster carbine 2/50  |  hvy blaster pistol 5/200  |  frags 0/2
Faroklightsaber n/a  | 
Kaida*blaster carbine 7/150  |  lt repeat blaster 0/150  |  frags 0/3
Logar*blaster rifle 33/150  |  hvy blaster pistol 0/50  |  frags 1/8
Samblaster pistol 3/150  |  slugthrower 40/150  |  frags 0/3
Fett*blaster carbine 36/150  |  flamethrower 0/5  |  missiles 1/4  |  jet pack 2/10
*not all weapons listed
-amunition is either power packs (50 shots each), or energy cells (6 shots each) and are added together in your total - what is in the gun and the spare clips you have

Equipment:
Brim - hold-out blaster with 2 energy cells, lightsaber, 1 frag, 2 medpacs
Caden -  heavy blaster pistol with 3 spare power packs, hold-out blaster, 2 frag grenades, combat gloves, pocket scrambler, utility belt (3-day food supply, 3 medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), medical kit, all-temperature cloak, datapad, credit stick
Farok - lightsaber, baton, 2 medpacs, back pack, 2 blaster pistols
Kaida - blaster carbine, heavy blaster pistol, hold-out blaster with spare energy cell, light repeating blaster with 2 spare power packs, 3 frags, shadowsuit and helmet, 2 concealed holsters, all-temperature cloak (unless armor makes it useless), basic datapad, binder cuffs, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, 4 medpacs, mesh tape, pocket scrambler, 5 ration packs, 2 computer spikes (+2), security kit, credit chip
Logar - blaster rifle, DH-23 "Outback" blaster pistol, heavy blaster pistol, 8 frags, vibrobayonet 3 spare energy cells, modified clone trooper armor (+6 armor, +2 Fortitude, helmet package), field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 7 day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmosphere canisters, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak), 2 medpacs
Sam - blaster pistol with 2 spare power packs, slugthrower rifle with 2 spare rifle clips with Targeting scope, 3 frags, hip holster, Satchel shoulder, 2 medpacs
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Character hit points after first aid:

BIT - 21/75
Sam - 47/78
Fett - 8/87
Logar - 13/72
Farok - 39/72 CT -1
Brim - 19/72
Caden - 0/53
Kaida - 35/55

GandalfOfBorg

"We must go now if we are to keep them off-balance -- the signal jamming won't last long," cautioned the sniper.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

Farok accepted the fact that the majority of the time he would be on this planet it would be as a walking wounded member of this group. Approaching the door he looked at key pad and tried to judge the width of the door.

"Can we blast it down with the web blaster or a rocket? Perhaps I can cut through it." The one time jedi stepped back and looked up to see if there were any other openings in.

:ooc: How thick is the door? if the door is metal and set within the stone frame can I tear it out with my Move Opbject?
dc15 for medium, dc20 large
Rolled 1d20+10 : 17 + 10, total 27
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Tom, Sam has already circumvented the electonic controls of the door... just needs to be pushed and opened. I have just been waiting to see if the PC's had anything else to add. If I get nothing by the morning, I will move the story on.

tomcat

:ooc: Actually, I forgot to post this last night:

Tom, I need Farok to give me a UtF (Search your Feelings) DC 15

Brim's UtF (Search your feelings)
:00: DC 15 UtF +14
Rolled 1d20+14 : 19 + 14, total 33

Telcontar

:ooc:
Rolled 1d20+10 : 16 + 10, total 26
Feelings, Nothing more than feelings
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

May 01, 2012, 09:41 AM #9 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:48 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Okay, Farok and Brim have both sensed the danger of the door through the force. These two PC's may do a Reaction of any kind (JUMP for cover, USE THE FORCE to do whatever, etc.). Give me your PC's idea in the split second and I will translate it into any mechanics I need from you. Then, we'll see where the results land.

The Gran mercenary who had escaped from the oncoming attackers had passed through Sebolto's door but he did not intend to allow these intruders to have it easy. Inside the small cave behind the door was a limited storage of weapons, food, and explosives. The Dugs were none too worried about placing a bunch of high-tech equipment out in this jungle valley, but they had no problem supplying cheap deterrents.

He had grabbed one of the explosive charges and ran a quick line of synthrope from its trigger pin to the door. When it would slide open, the trigger would be activated and the charge would detonate. "Too bad for any that were in the way," thought the mercenary. The potential blast was even higher if the charge caused the few remaining packs to go off, as well. To add to the harm, the Gran grabbed a couple of fist-sized stones and laid them on top of and in front of the explosive. He then turned and ran towards the opposite end of the cave.

Not long after, Sam deactivated the locking mechanism to the door and then hit the button to activate its release. Behind him, almost instantly Brim and Farok both shouted a warning.

Telcontar

:ooc: Without reading the entire post.....

Farok felt the unmistakable sensation of the force alerting him to immediate danger. As the door began to slide open the seconds seemed to crawl by. The one time Jedi reached out to the force to grab hiold of the door and use it as a giant shield from whatever blast or objects he felt were going to come hurtling towards the party.

While doing so he managed to yell, "Get Back!"

:ooc: Attempt to use my Move Object skill as I was going to in my previous post but instead of wrentching it away to use it as a barrier between us and the corridor.
UtF
Rolled 1d20+10 : 5 + 10, total 15
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

May 01, 2012, 11:51 AM #11 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:55 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Brim has no force powers to speak of to aid here and he is too far to pull someone back.

Here is how this is going to work out - the damage of the charge by itself is: 10d6

Because it is not a shaped charge it only has a 1-square burst, but because the Gran set it up with the rocks and that the energy is being released in a cave, and that there are more explosives sitting there, I am increasing the damage potential beyond the 1-square burst to a cone-shaped burst that will do:

Full damage within 2-squares
Half damage 3-6 squares
Quarter damage 7-9 squares
No damage beyond 9 squares

Also, damage will be increased by a degree of +5d6 (an additional d6 for the additional charges) plus +3d4 for the shrapnel.

I will roll the total damage in this roll. From that, I will deduct the amount of absorbed damage from Farok. This will be calculated based on Farok's UtF roll of 15, which would cause 2d6 damage. I will reverse that and say 2d6 damage is blocked. Also, the door has a damage reduction (10) and hit point value (50) which will also reduce the overall damage. Because the door is attached in its guided tracks and also the relatively weak UtF roll, I am only going to grant 25 of the hit point value of the door.

So the defensive potential from Farok is 2d6+35.

:00: Explosion damage:
Rolled 15d6 : 1, 5, 5, 6, 3, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 6, 4, 3, 6, 5, total 56

Rolled 3d4 : 2, 3, 1, total 6

:00: Farok's defense
Rolled 2d6+35 : 3, 4 + 35, total 42

Telcontar

:ooc: Awesome! that leaves me with a rockin 1 hp.

Farok tried to contain the blast coming from the cave, but his inability to concentrate on it for very long meant that he wasnt able to do exactly what he wanted to do. As he flew through the air away from the exploding passage entrance he knew that he had contained at least some of the blast. He was reassured that that would be of assistance to his friends as he crashed smoking and smashed on the ground as the door flew over and away from him as the blast took it from his control.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

May 01, 2012, 12:16 PM #13 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:20 PM by tomcat
It was as if thunder clapped directly within the valley.

The explosive charge burst causing a chain reaction with the other munitions and all of the energy was directed in both directions, but only one side of the cave had a release. Sam, Fett and Farok were caught directly and if it were not for Farok's Force-aided reaction, they may have all been dead. The former jedi grabbed the opening door with the Force and yanked it down as the trap was triggered. The door was peppered by shrapnel, allowing only a small amount to get through, and the energy of the blast shoved it out of its housing and tore it asunder. With Farok holding it with the Force, the door whipped up and over their heads, allowing the remaining energy to pummel them to the ground - all three were knocked back a good number of feet. Even at his distance, Logar'Dan felt the pressure wave roll over him and he felt like he was punched in the gut. Fett felt the pain from the explosion but it was minimalized by the Mandalorian armor that covered him - Sam and Farok were not as fortunate.

:ooc: No, Tom, I corrected my formula of explosives.

Damage to PC's
Farok 59/72 CT -2
Fett 28/87
Sam 67/78 CT -1
Logar 18/72

GandalfOfBorg

May 01, 2012, 03:33 PM #14 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:19 PM by tomcat
BIT shook his head a little to clear the cloud of the unexpected explosion.  "Really, that shouldn't have been a surprise," he thought given his previous experiences with them.  Regardless of his thoughts, he moved quickly over to the nearest of the fallen to inspect them to see if he could give any aid.
Gwaithlim Weapons