• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 02:21 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Control room attack - round 5

Started by tomcat, Apr 18, 2011, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Apr 18, 2011, 04:24 PM Last Edit: Apr 18, 2011, 04:31 PM by tomcat
Situation: The party is on the second floor of the prison and now troopers attack.

ISBO Falken Wright is on the first floor under the Control Room.

Team Alpha 1 - 1 Regular trooper, 1 Officer (engaged in Control room)

Team Alpha 2 - 5 Regular troopers, 2 heavy troopers, 1 Officer (unegaged on first floor of Admin)

Team Alpha 3 - 2 Regular troopers, 2 heavy troopers, 1 Officer (engaged in Prison)

Team Alpha 4 - 5 Regular troopers, 2 heavy troopers, 1 Officer (unengaged on second floor of Admin)

Team Alpha 5 - 5 Regular troopers (made up of the remaining troopers of team Alpha 5 and 1 - unengaged on first floor of Admin)

Situational Modifiers: Logar and Britton at -2 to attacks this round due to supression

Physical Modifiers: none

Initiative:

Kaida (+11) 31
Logar (+11) 27
Brim (+7) 27
Britton (+9) 24
Sam (+6) 20
Imperials (+3) 18
Kara (+6) 13
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Kaida ducked behind the wall just in time to avoid the spray of blaster fire from the trooper's gun. That was too close! She saw Kara shooting behind her, off to her right. She pulled a frag grenade off her belt, and as Kara gave covering fire, lobbed the grenade into the control room.

:ooc: She's trying to hit all three with the grenade blast (O2, O1, and S7), aiming for the vertices on the grid between O2 and S7. Is that how it's done? With blast radius 2 I think that'll hit them all.  ;)

Movement and Swift: Pulls form belt and arms it.
Standard: Throws it.
Grenade Throw: 1d20+7 : 17 + 7, total 24

Damage if hit: 4d6 : 4, 5, 6, 3, total 18

She will use a force point if needed to get it on target.
Force Point: 1d6 : 2, total 2

Jingo

:ooc: Hope our luck holds out. I've had some good rolls so far!  ;D Quick question about weapon damages: I only rolled 4d6 above since that's what it listed in the core book. But I noticed weapon damages have a modifier on the stat block? What do these modifiers come from? If you're using those I guess I get +3 to the above grenade blast.

tomcat

Apr 19, 2011, 12:39 PM #3 Last Edit: Apr 19, 2011, 12:52 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Hey Jared, the damage modifier comes from your heroic level - every PC gets a damage modifier equal to half their heroic level (see page 23 of SECR).

One more thing, can you do me a favor - and I know this will sound nitpicky - but do you mind doing your character actions in a different color than maroon? When I scroll down threads to make updates or enemy posts, I look for colors to see the actions you guys performed and the affects they might have. I have always done Navy for good guys, Red for bad guys, and maroon for just talking out of character.

Again, I know I am probably being very anal here, so please forgive me, but it really helps when I scroll up and down.  :-[  ;)

Lastly, Stormtrooper 7 and Officer 2 go down, dead. I will be moving Team Alpha 4 as a squad unit until they get close enough that they need dispersed.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: we need to start falling back to the kitchen to get up to level three.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Callowmoryne

Damn they needed to take these fools down Logar was thinking as team alpha 3 rushed from the lift, blasters blazing.  He dropped to a knee, and switched his blaster to autofire. Took aim on the heavy trooper, and squeezed the trigger.

:ooc:
Standard action
Atuo fire on H5
Rolled 1d20+4 : 11 + 4, total 15

Damage if successful
Rolled 3d8+3 : 3, 5, 8 + 3, total 19

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Force Point! id like to use a force point on that attack  plz. and thnks fort the tip :)

Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 19, 2011, 12:39 PM
:ooc: Hey Jared, the damage modifier comes from your heroic level - every PC gets a damage modifier equal to half their heroic level (see page 23 of SECR).

One more thing, can you do me a favor - and I know this will sound nitpicky - but do you mind doing your character actions in a different color than maroon?....

:ooc: Sure thing! Whatever makes it easier for you to do your job. :) 

Jingo

"Britton! Troops came up the lift in the control room!" Kaida called over the comm link once the ringing in her ears from the explosion cleared. She could hear blaster fire down the hallway and hoped her companions had been as lucky. "We're handling the threat for now. Worried about out flank though. If the assault team pulls up another level, we'll need to go with you, otherwise we'll get cut off!"

tomcat

:ooc: Really good posts you guys!  ;D

I just got done getting my ass kicked in Battlefield:Bad Co 2 and reading your posts, I can hear the fire from the game... kinda cool. Of course, you guys are having a better time than I did against the GODS OF $%^&ING WAR!

Who the hell designed this prison facility with only two accesses to the prison and only one way to the third floor (well, not including the ladder)!!  (-D

Anyway, in response to the fire that just occurred:

- John, I updated your character sheet for the FP use  :csu:
- The heavy trooper is hit for 19, reduced to 1 hit point and at CT-2

tomcat

Seeing Logar fire on the heavy trooper, Brim sighted in on the wounded officer - the Rodian could plainly see the blood on his uniform. If Logar could remove the trooper and he the officer, the remaining squad should be easy to take out.

Swift - deactivates lightsaber
Standard - attacks officer 3
:00: DC 14 Ranged +9
Brim fires 1d20+9 : 10 + 9, total 19

damage if successful 3d4+3 : 4, 2, 2 + 3, total 11

Move - moves back towards the kitchen

tomcat

:ooc: Officer 3 goes down unconscious (CT helpless)

donimator

Sam steps out from the corner and fires at the closest trooper (S15) before ducking back. He had a good view to the doors and was wondering what was keeping Kara and Kaida.

Sam's actions
Move: 1 sq. west, 1 sq. north
Standard: Ranged Attack (S15)
Blaster +8, +1 PB Shot = +9

Rolled 1d20+9 : 3 + 9, total 12

Damage, if hit (3d6+3, +1 PB Shot)
Rolled 3d6+4 : 5, 2, 2 + 4, total 13

[/i]Move[/i]: south, east, back to corner

donimator

:ooc: I'll try to throw a Force Point at that roll to try and score a hit

Spend Force point on to-hit roll (need 4+)  :csu:
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

tomcat

:ooc: Well that is a bummer result for a limited asset!  :(

Sorry, Don,but even with the Force point, the shot goes wide - their Reflex scores are 16.

Britton needs to go and then I will conduct Imperial actions.