• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 11:03 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Control room attack - round 3

Started by tomcat, Apr 05, 2011, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Apr 05, 2011, 09:25 PM Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011, 07:51 AM by tomcat
Situation: The party holds the control room, but now troopers attack.

ISBO Falken Wright is on the first floor in the Comm Center.

The facility is now in lockdown. All main doors are now secured (i.e. any door that will lead onto an access, out of the building, or out of the prison tower.

Situational Modifiers: none.

Physical Modifiers: none.

Initiative:

SEE ABOVE...

Kaida (+11) 26
Logar (+11) 23
Britton (+9) 21
Sam (+6) 16
Brim (+7) 13
Imperials 13
Kara (+6) 10
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

Sam was satisfied with the level of computer access, just as the blaster fire sprayed across him and the area. His sensors detected some superficial damage and he rerouted power to compensate without a thought. He took a last glance at the unlocked console to see if it had been damaged - it would have to wait.

He moves and fires on the troopers before slipping out of the doorway on the north side of the control room

Sam's actions
Move: Move 2 squares 'east'
Standard: Fire on Trooper 2 (or Trooper 3 if Britton takes 2 down first)
Blaster Pistol +8, +1 PB Shot, vs DC16(?)

Rolled 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22

Dmg, if hit - 3d6+3, +1 PB Shot
Rolled 3d6+4 : 5, 4, 6 + 4, total 19

Move.2: (Running attack feat) Move 'north' out of control room and 'west' behind cover of wall

Sam wondered if the Imperial officer and engineer would now join the attack. Hopefully they could end this soon before they lost access. Sam also wondered if he turned the kaf pot off on the Aegis - such was the workings of a droid's heuristic processor.

tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Britton stepped back and to the right looking for cover while he fired at the storm troopers.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Even though Logar and Kaida go first, I am going to move this round on. The two stormies are not well off at the moment and Sam and Britton have them in the line of fire.

Move - Britton moves as requested by Tom
Standard - Britton fires onto a trooper
:00: DC16 Ranged +8
blaster fire 1d20+8 : 13 + 8, total 21

damage if successful 3d8+3 : 5, 1, 5 + 3, total 14

tomcat

Apr 07, 2011, 07:35 AM #5 Last Edit: Apr 07, 2011, 09:30 AM by tomcat
Sam and Britton both fired on the troopers and each found their mark. The white-shelled soldiers crumpled to the ground dead. Sam turned back to the console to see that it was wrecked by the auto blaster fire a moment before.

:ooc:  Going to wait until later today for everyone to chime in for this round that want to, even though there are no enemies left at the moment.

Brim makes two move actions.

tomcat

Apr 07, 2011, 08:31 AM #6 Last Edit: Apr 07, 2011, 09:24 AM by tomcat
Falken opened a channel to the barracks, "This is Commander Wright. I want all trooper teams assembled and ready for counter-insurgence immediately. The prison doors have been locked down by the Control Room and all communication to the nexus has stopped. I can only assume the control room has been compromised by an enemy. Use charges to blow your way out of the barracks if need be. All non-military personnel stay where you are. If you are out of your department and are unrecognized you will be shot on sight."

A trooper voice came over the channel, "Commander, we are still at station within the prison. What are your orders?"

Wright thought for a moment, "Return to me on the first floor admin. they may have found a way in, but we will remove all ways that they may leave. Trooper team commanders report in immediately."

Other officers started to chime in, "ALPHA 1, responding! ALPHA 2 responding! ALPHA 3 responding!..."

Inside the Control Room, the Imperial officer, droid and engineer remained quiet and pensive.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Logar moves to a position watching the door to prison level, one square north of sam.

Disaster was watching them all Logar thought. Waiting for her chance to run free in a bedlam of chaos. They were very nearly in the shit, and he couldnt remember feeling more alive. He looked to the steaming pile of stormtroopers in the control room. All red and white and black. They reminded him of snukbugs, a white-shelled dung beetle common to the slums of his homeworld. A chuckle escaped his lips at the thought. "Eyes forward Katherine." he mumbled as he turned to face the door to the prison. If they were going to be ambushed by disaster, he would greet her with a warm kiss of steel.

donimator

Quote from: Callowmoryne on Apr 07, 2011, 03:17 PM
... If they were going to be ambushed by disaster, he would greet her with a warm kiss of steel.
:ooc:  (-D Nice. You talking to a knife is the best conversation I've heard all day!

Telcontar

:ooc: Tomcat, no alerts on the boards now, curious...

Britton looked at the Imperial Officer before him, "You're doing well. We will have to restrain you of course, and in the interast of both of your careers we can slug you if it will help your story latter. Sam, see what you can do. Try and lock this lift down and see if we can get the prison cells open, or communicate over the loud speaker into the prision or the compound as a whole.

Ok everyone take up defensice positions, good job. Now things are about to get Outer Rim."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Apr 07, 2011, 09:01 PM #10 Last Edit: Apr 07, 2011, 09:05 PM by Jingo
:ooc: She'll watch the hallway for a few more moments, assuming no one comes up the stairs this turn, she'll do this:

"Cover me!" Kaida called out to Kara. Jogging down the hallway, she quickly grabbed all the gear she could off the dead trooper by the stairs, covering them as she moved. Returning with the rife, she tossed it to Kara. "You might be needing this!"

:ooc: Assuming this trooper has the same loadout as the other, she'll take his power packs and grenade for herself and toss the rifle to Kara. 

Telcontar

"How many guards on each floor?"

Britton motioned the two officers over to a side away from the controls and other equipment and relieved them of any weapons they had.

Britton spoke into the comlink on his jacket, "B-man we are moving into cell block two and then up to three. They know we are in the control room and will try and retake that first to get access back to the prison."

"Sam, see if there is any access to the roof on the third level as well. Speed is security at from here on out."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

donimator

Sam looked to find another, undamaged, console and punched in the access code again. Luckily he had a head for numbers. If possible to connect with the machine in binary he would do so. The I/O human interface was so inefficient. He tries to do the following (in order of interest):
1. Restrict access to control room level
2. Disable override codes
3. Prepare a route to the prison cell
4. Locate an escape route (roof may be a good idea)

:ooc: I'll throw a test in here. Not sure if there will be extended tests, or sequential.[/color]

Use Computer +10
Rolled 1d20+10 : 9 + 10, total 19

tomcat

:ooc: Okay... round 3 is going to be longer than a normal 6 second round, obviously due to all of the activity that will be posted in it, but when we next engage I will create a round 4.

Now in regards to the computer system, Sam is able to connect with the full access codes from the Imp Off, but Falken is trying to override control with his access level. Unfortunately, Falken is working through a different interface and will have to work through 'backdoors' - I will simulate this by giving him a -5 to his Use Computer skill.

How this will work is by making an opposed Use Computer skill. Sam has rolled a 19... I will now roll for Falken and then I will make a new post from the results.

:00: DC opposed; Use Computer +11, Non-standard interface -5
Falken's computer roll 1d20+5 : 20 + 5, total 25

tomcat

Apr 12, 2011, 01:28 PM #14 Last Edit: Apr 12, 2011, 01:31 PM by tomcat
:ooc: OUCH! A Nat 20! Looks like Falken knows his facility well! Sorry guys.  :|

Hey Tom... which character is B-man? Is that Brim you were talking to? Let me know.

Kaida ran to the body of the dead trooper and relieved him of his things. She was pleased to find another frag grenade, medpac, and a blaster carbine with loaded power pack and two extra. She heard no movement from the stairwell but still she hurried back to her position by Kara. The noblewoman handed over the weapon.

With Logar in a position to cover the entrance to the prison second floor, Brim ran into the control to assist with the prisoners. He secured the officer's weapon per Britton's instructions and then began to bind their hands. While he did so, the Imperial officer began to answer the soldier's questions.

"You do have the ability to open all cells from this control room, though I would not suggest it. There are... things... in there which might best be kept locked up. As for guards, at this hour, I have a seven-trooper team walking the facility." He thought a moment, "Well... with those now dead, I can only assume a two-trooper team. But with the base now on alert..." the officer partially grinned, "you'll have four more seven-trooper squads along with their immediate command officers."

Sam was also busy. He interfaced with the computer system in binary and was able to compute much faster. He began to isolate command codes and remove them permanently so no other person could login to the system. The droid was able to multi-task in this manner, too, and he locked down the lift, processed commands to open channels of communication, and internally mapped the facility's exits. There was an escape hatch to the roof of the prison. Finally, Sam began to run a collation of prisoner data - their locations, well-being, et cetera - and focused in on Danjapa. He was alive and well and in his cell.

If confusion could be experienced by a droid, then Sam came close as he suddenly discovered another line of code regarding a prisoner by the name Katan, Kilstara. The prison record only stood out to him due to the last name, but the woman was not in this facility. She was located in another Imperial prison in the Mid-rim on a planet named Haruun.

Suddenly, Sam's console went dark, as did the rest of the panels and camera monitor screens within the Control Room.

Falken smiled to himself as he attained full facility control throuh the backdoor program that was embedded within each separate computer console. A safety measure he had had engineered in case there was ever this very sort of event. He punched in the command to shutdown the Control Room. He then processed the command to release all interior locking systems, save the prison cells, and secured all exit locks.

"I have you now," he whispered.

Two stormtroopers clattered into the Communication room and he pointed at one, "Take position at the lift into the Control Room. Do not bring it down, just make sure if anyone starts to come down, you change their mind." To the other trooper, " Take a position in the hall... let me know if anyone comes out of the second floor stairwells." Wright then opened a channel to the barracks, "Alpha 1 and 2, report to the Admin level 1. Alpha 3 report to the prison and 4 to the main hall to maintenance and engineering. I want all teams to take up defensive positions to keep whoever we have in here contained... then we will start to move in and trap them."

:ooc:
The blaster carbine is an Auto and Single fire weapon.
It does 3d8 damage and each power pack has 50 shots.
It cannot be braced while in autofire mode.