• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 12:51 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

In Control?

Started by tomcat, Apr 01, 2011, 05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Apr 01, 2011, 05:19 AM Last Edit: Apr 01, 2011, 05:27 AM by tomcat
The hold out blaster fire struck the heavy trooper in the helmet, just above the eyes and seered through the white armor. The Imperial soldier had only just become aware of the threat to his life before his brains were burned up within his skull. The trooper clattered to the floor, dead.

With the soldier dead, Britton continued to quickly move until he made it to the entrance of the Control Room, his blaster out and leveled at the young officer who sat there. Both the engineer and the Imperial officer were wide-eyed with confusion and disbelief. Who would ever make an attack on a prison installation? Especially one so far off the grid?

The officer began to wonder if his commander's sick habits had maybe been heard somewhere out there and perhaps these attackers were here for justified revenge. No matter, he was an officer and he had a duty, but the blaster now aimed at his face made him take pause. He was not willing to give up his life and so raised his hands and stood from his console. Behind him, the engineer followed suit.

One level below, Falken Wright lifted his head. Was that blaster fire? The duracrete structure subdued sound throughout the whole building, but he thought he heard blaster fire. The ISBO pushed a button, "This is Commander Wright... is everything all right upstairs? I thought I just heard gunfire."

Sam reached the wall by Britton and looked down the corridor. It was empty and ended at a door that would have to access the prison tower on its second floor.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Brim smiled to himself as he thought, "Now that was a helluva shot"

Seeing that his other companions were taking control of the situation within the prison's nexus, he holstered his blaster and ignited his lightsaber. He proceeded to walk towards the gun emplacements, then looked back, "Am I taking these things out?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Apr 01, 2011, 06:32 AM #2 Last Edit: Apr 01, 2011, 10:29 AM by Jingo
Kaida cringed at the sound the blaster fire made coming from the control room. Blast! Someone must have heard all the firing. "Everyone alright?" she queried through the comm. "Hallway is clear for now, but move quickly in there! I doubt our presence has gone undetected."

Telcontar

"DO YOUR THING B."

"We are not pirates, you will be treated well if you do what we say. We are here for the prisoners, and dont want to shoot anyone else. Now, lock down all the doors to the barracks and bring up a prisoner manifest."

:ooc: If Britton hears the info request

"Tell him something was gnawing on boxes in the storage room and the trooper shot it. Mainteance is going to check it out in the morning."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

There was the sound of energy being waved in the air as Brim brought his lightsaber down, and into, anything that looked important on the gun emplacements. In a few seconds the first was wrecked, and the Rodian moved on to the next.

In the Control Room, "Commander... yes, it was blaster fire. We found a strange creature in the storage room. Eh... it was apparently gnawing into a container. One of my troopers had to fire to kill it."

"Creature? This is a dead moon, except for the nasty little insects. I will be up momentarily."

The Imperial Officer looked at Britton, his face an expression of 'Now what?' He spoke, "If I lock down the barracks, then they will know you are here."

:ooc: I need a Perception roll DC 12

Telcontar

Rolled 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

:ooc: you gotta be kidding me? Really?

"You did what I asked. But you want to make sure you stay useful."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: LOL! Sorry man. BTW, all PC's that are focused on the Control Room may make the Perception test.

Also, Tom, you have Force Points that you can use to increase a roll by 1d6, if you want to use one. You only get a certain number per level, but you decide.

There was apparent confusion on the officer's face, "Whatever you want, sir... but what do you want me to do about the lockdown? My commander will be on his way now."

Telcontar

:ooc: since i only missed by one i'll use the force point.

"How many guards are on each floor of the prison, we dont want to kill anymore than we have to, but one of the prisoners owes money to a hut, and a Hut always gets paid."

:ooc: take that bounty hunter d bags chasing us around the galaxay! A little misinformation can go a long way!
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Apr 01, 2011, 10:38 AM #9 Last Edit: Apr 01, 2011, 10:44 AM by tomcat
:csu: Your character sheet has been updated for the Force point.

As Britton spoke to the Imperial Officer, his eyes moved from the man for but a moment and saw the silver RA-7 droid hastily touching the console in front of it.

'Race', as the droid was known within the prison, was an Imperial programmed droid and its mandate was clear - protect the Empire and all of its personnel and assets, even at risk of its own existence. The droid was an asset of the Empire, but its programming was specific to not allow this definition to confuse it, and so Race did what he thought was best. Risking himself, the droid moved to a communication console and the emergency alert panel that was there.

:ooc: I will allow Sam and Britton to try and put an end to Race before the emergency klaxon is sounded, but it will have to be in the first shots.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Not sure if i qualify but heres a perception roll

Perception+3  DC 12
Rolled 1d20+3 : 20 + 3, total 23

tomcat

Apr 01, 2011, 11:57 AM #11 Last Edit: Apr 01, 2011, 12:01 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Yes, John, Logar is in a position to see the RA-7 droid beginning to fool around with his console.

A couple things... and I know that there is a lot going on in this scene:

1) Do you want him to lockdown the prison?
2) I will bring up the prisoner manifest shortly.
3) I will give you a guard count, too.

Telcontar

:ooc:Wait,  Did you see Lafours out there?

Britton saw the driod moving towards the console and didnt have any more time to play games.

"L man, game on!"

leveling his blaster he fired at the console, and then swung back to cover the imperial. He hopes that those behind him would take elimante the driod, or prepare to defend the control room. " The Prisoner manifest if you please."

:ooc: I figure the console maybe more sensative to blasters than the driod is and the miss margin greater. if the claxon goes off it goes off.

Rolled 1d20+8 : 16 + 8, total 24

Rolled 3d8+3 : 2, 8, 5 + 3, total 18
dmg
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: I am out of the loop on this one... who is Lafours?  :?

Telcontar

:ooc: BUtch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Lafours was the guy that was tracking them everywhere and ruining their day. Its also the last line in the movie.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear