• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 11:59 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

In Control?

Started by tomcat, Apr 01, 2011, 05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Apr 01, 2011, 09:45 PM #15 Last Edit: Apr 01, 2011, 09:54 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Britton's blaster ffire easilty hits the DC 4 that it takes to hit a large inanimate object. The 18 damage is reduced by 5 (DR) to 13, but the damage overcomes the consoles hit points of 10 - disabling it.

The bark of Britton's blaster firing caused the Imperial Officer to jump. The bolt flew past Race and hit its intended target, his control console. The electronics and monitors blew and showered smoke and sparks everywhere.

"All right! All right!" cried the officer. "The manifests... here." He pointed to a printer unit behind him as it began to spit out paper listed with names and identifying codes, cell blocks, and numbers. It wasn't a large prison so it only took a moment for the five pages to finish. The Imperial Officer picked them up and handed them to Britton.

The soldier quickly scanned the pages for the name - Danjapa, A. 221.544.32 CB3C;C4. He pushed the paper under the Imperial officer's nose and pointed at the alpha numeric codes. The officer realized what Britton wanted, "Danjapa is being held in cell block 3C on the third floor and his cell is number 4."

Not far away, Brim finished desroying the second gun emplacement - and that was when things really began to happen.

Britton's destruction of Race's console had not caused the alarms to sound, but it had caused an electronic network break between stations, both in the Control Room, and the Operations Room on the first floor. This had the affect to make the two stormtroopers standing post there wonder what was going on upstairs. There was only one way to find out. One of the stormtroopers hit the call button for the lift that made up the central part of the Control Room floor. Britton watched as it began to hum and then descend towards the first floor.

Still sitting by herself, Kaida wondered what was going on around the corner, but then movement caught her eye. A white helmet suddenly appeared as a stormtrooper ascended the stairs that they had come up not too long before.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

Logar gritted his teeth, things were gonna come unglued soon. " Recomend we lock this place down. Weve lost what stealth we had. Lets lock it down and pull it apart one piece at a time, excoricise what control we have. And watch that damn lift."

:ooc: IF Kaida calls out or i hear blaster fire im gonna start moving to help hold that hall

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Is also wondering if it would be a bad idea to send a grenade down with that lift :) Do we need the lift to sccess the prisoner areas?

Telcontar

:ooc: I was taught many moons ago not to send a man where a bullet can go first. Recon by fire. there has to be a way to access the different prisons levels.

"Lock it down. You Engineer, control the driod. I really dont want to have to shoot you guys. I really dont, we have come so far together already."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

Kaida remained hidden and still behind the crate, her rifle trained on the trooper coming up the stairs. She wanted to maintain the element of surprise if needed. She called quietly into her comm to the team. "Got movement on the stairs at least one, possibly more troopers inbound on our position. Britton, should I take him down?"

Telcontar

Britton spoke into his comlink, "we are going hot, take him when you got the best shot. We have movement on the turbo lift in here."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Apr 02, 2011, 05:45 PM #21 Last Edit: Apr 02, 2011, 05:48 PM by tomcat
:ooc: John, this lift is not part of the prison tower. It is an access lift between the first and second floor of the control building. It literally drops from the second floor to the first leaving a large hole in the floor until it returns. I will attach the two floors so you can see what I am talking about, but these two floors make up Control. [See images attached]

If you have any questions, give me a shout.

I am starting a new set of combat rounds for the interactions with the stormtroopers. You may post anymore dialogue in this thread that you want.

The two stormtroopers waited for the lift to settle and then stepped onto it. As they did, Commander Wright was entering the comm center. He had waited for an answer from his junior officer, but none had come and he became impatient. Falken had been awake anyway, he might as well see why there was peculiar things going on.

On the second floor, in storage, Kaida saw the trooper complete his climb and then turn in her direction. She could see that he was not equipped for heavy-weapon capacity. His left hand let go of its grip on his standard issue rifle to activate his helmet's low-light system.

In the Control Room, the engineer moved to deactivate Race, all the while, the young officer prompted the computer system to lock down the entire facility - including the barracks.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

"Your both good men, our interest here is not to shoot good men. Your surrender was honorable when you were beaten. Dont make me have to shoot you, but i will if i have to to accomplish my mission."

To the group: "OK folks, the gloves are off otherwise. WE get what we came for."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

"L! Frag the lift!"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear