• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 11:03 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Docking bay encounter - round 6

Started by tomcat, Jan 12, 2011, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jan 12, 2011, 04:58 PM Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011, 06:52 AM by tomcat
Situation: Outside the docking bay environmental doors, the party is now confronted by the Sith assassin Shade, Fett and Corbin Sallo. Inside the bay, Kara is inside the Aegis with it ready to launch from Jovan Station.

Three of the companions are now in the speeder and are able to get away, but the speeder is smoking and making some nasty metallic sounds in its turbines.

Situational Modifiers:

Boba Fett is -1 on the CT (needs 1 more Swift action to remove)
Logar'Dan is -1 on the CT (needs 2 more Swift actions to remove)

Physical Modifiers: There are crates and other debris available for cover that will deduct a -5 to all attacks made at anyone using cover.

Initiative:
Fett (+14): 30
Kaida (+11): 28
Logar'Dan (+11): 25
Shade (+13): 19
Brim (+7): 18
Britton (+9): 18
Kara (+6): 12
Sam (+6): 11
Caden (+5): 11
Ulric (+7): 11
Sallo (+13): 14 (even though he beat out Kara's init, the nat 1 gives hims a last position)

:ooc: I will give narrative/dialogue in the next post with my attack roll for Fett.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

Kara looked to see if she could provide cover or support with the belly turret.

:ooc:

Perception +10

Rolled 1d20+10 : 1 + 10, total 11

watanabe

ZehnWaters

A new foe and a new friend?  The night was full of surprises.  Britton trained his gun on Corbin and laid down suppression fire.  He staid put to maintain cover.

Rolled 1d20+7 : 10 + 7, total 17

tomcat

Britton had drawn Fett's attention and the bounty hunter brought his blaster about. He fired a quick succession of shots and then jumped down to the back of the speeder to gain better cover from the soldier. Meanwhile, not far away, the two Force-users were in close proximity of each other and their weapons clashed.

Boba Fett
Swift
action to remove condition
Standard action - fires on Britton with Rapid shot (will use a Force point if attack roll needs a boost)
DC 23 Ranged combat +7
-------------------------
Rolled 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26

Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1
- Force point will be used only if necessary
Rolled 4d8+4 : 3, 4, 5, 8 + 4, total 24
- Damage if successful

Move action - to jump behind speeder for cover

Although I gave some narrative regarding Shade, I am going to hold off his and Ulric's confrontation until I see what Kaida and Logar do.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jan 15, 2011, 08:11 PM #5 Last Edit: Jan 15, 2011, 08:14 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Britton is hit for 24 damage  :csu: and is moved down the CT to -1.

donimator

:ooc: Sam is holding out for his init turn for the actions ahead of him to play out.

tomcat

:ooc: John asked me to post his first set of actions so he can get an idea of how SWSE works - having never used the rules before. So, I will post this round for him based on his description:

QuoteLogar is gonna draw his Hvy blaster pistol and fire on the CS guy while he runs to the cover that Britton is in

If you look at the first few pages of the Combat chapter in the book I sent you, John, you will get an understanding for how combat, movement and damage works. You will also see basic actions that can be taken in each type of action - Swift, Standard, and Move.[/color]

Logar'Dan
Swift
action - draws blaster with Quick draw
Standard action - fires on Corbin Sallo
DC 30 Ranged attack +9, Condition -1
Heavy blaster fire 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11

Will commit a Force point (if necessary to the roll above):
Force point 1d6 : 3, total 3

Damage if successful:
Rolled 3d8+3 : 8, 1, 6 + 3, total 18

Move action - six squares towards Britton

tomcat

Jan 16, 2011, 06:20 AM #8 Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011, 06:48 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Well that roll sucked, John. Sorry man. I am not going to expense you the Force point because the attack was not even close enough to warrant rolling the additional d6 bonus dice.

But to give you some explanation of my post above:

Quote from: tomcat on Jan 16, 2011, 06:18 AM
Logar'Dan
Swift
action - draws blaster with Quick draw
Standard action - fires on Corbin Sallo
DC 30 Ranged attack +9, Condition -1
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Heavy blaster fire 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11
Will commit a Force point (if necessary to the roll above):
Force point 1d6 : 3, total 3
Damage if successful:
Rolled 3d8+3 : 8, 1, 6 + 3, total 18

Move action - six squares towards Britton

Each PC can make 1 of each type of actions above. Move and/or Standard can be exchanged for a second/third swift, and Standard can be exchanged for a second Move - and they can be done in any order. Or in other words, a PC in a round can do:

Swift
Standard
Move
          Swift
Swift
Move
          Swift
Swift
Standard
          Swift
Move
Move

You can also do a Full-round action - which might be required for certain talents or feats, or to run (which doubles your movement from 6 to 12 in a round).

Anyway, back to the above:

Let me explain the dice rolls - I use the dice roller in the posting window that does not display the results until I hit Save, and so I generally include more dice rolls than may be necessary so that it is all in one post - hence the FP (see below) and the damage roll (both of which are moot based on the attack dice result - again see below).

Logar does a Swift action to draw his blaster.

Fires it with a Standard action and requires a DC (Difficulty check) 30 to hit Corbin Sallo. His mods are +9 for his skill and -1 for his current condition, totalling +8. Then there is the dice roll (you can ignore the tampered icons), which was a 3 +8 = 11, which doesn't come close to 30.

The Force point (FP) - each PC has a number of Force points per level that they can use to gain a bonus d6 to any dice roll they want. Once used it is gone until the PC advances another level. Some force powers grant additional things when FP's are used in the action, but we will only worry about them as they apply to Logar, or if you read about them in the book.

But, because your dice result was only an 11, the d6 roll is unnecessary because even if the result was a 6, it would only mean a 17 and that is still a failure. If the attack roll had been 24 or above, the Force Point would have been pertinent and could have made the difference. Because the attack roll was so low (and the fact that I do not see the result until after the post is saved), I am not going to include the FP expense.

The damage roll is there, too, because I do not know at the time if the attack will be a success, and I want to make sure all the rolls are together. Again, because it was a miss, the damage is moot.

Finally, the move action. I moved Logar'Dan six squares up on the map towards Britton's position. You don't have to worry about marking the map, just tell me your PC's intent and I will update the map as the characters act. You may always interpret each map as: the top is north, bottom south, right side east, left side west. So when you tell me you want to go toa particular place you can say: Move 3 north, and three east. I can get it from that.

Any other questions, just ask!

tomcat

Jan 16, 2011, 07:06 AM #9 Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 07:55 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Hey Zehn, I need a clarification:

Are you using the Aid another [Suppressing an Enemy] action when you 'lay down suppression fire"?

-or-

Are you doing an Autofire attack on the enemy that you are targetting, thus getting a 2x2 square attack that hits for full, or misses for half?

Please let me know, but by looking at your weapon, it only has a Single fire action so I can eliminate option 2 above. I bring this up because looking back on it, I was damaging Hacks with each of your attacks as Autofire. I am not going to dial it backwards and bring him back, but I want us to be on the same page.

So, Corbin Sallo is -2 on any attacks for this round.

watanabe

:ooc:

Sorry, quick note on your above post about movement.

Actually the interpretation of movement with full round actions is different (p.155 core rulebook).

Because you can change your standard into a move, any player can do a "double" move and a swift in a single round.
Using a full-round action to run, actually allows you to move four times your movement speed.  However the full round action "run" must be in a straight line, as opposed to the double move which can be in any directions.

Also if you wear heavy armor or have a heavy load, the full run action will give you three times your movement.

Just wanted to note that, I've had to use the full action run before... that's when you really really need to be far away quickly.

tomcat

:ooc: Thanks for the correction, Nick.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Kool thnk you guys, i will get the hang of it, i just needed an idea of how to use my actions and what i could and couldnt do

tomcat

Jan 16, 2011, 02:28 PM #13 Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011, 02:30 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Going to go ahead and post for Shade, even though Kaida still has initiative.

Shade
Moves
- forward to attack Ulric
Standard - attacks with lightsaber
DC 24 Melee combat +12
lightsaber attack 1d20+12 : 14 + 12, total 26

Damage if successful:
lightsaber damage 2d8+5 : 2, 5 + 5, total 12

If Shade's attack is successful, and before damage is applied, Ulric will attempt to deflect
Reaction - parry Shade
DC - Shade's dice roll abvoe Use the Force +16
Ulric's parry 1d20+16 : 4 + 16, total 20

tomcat

Ulric brought his lightsaber up to defend, only to have Shade feint and spin, hitting the jedi just under his defenses. Ulric felt the flesh burn where the red blade struck him, cutting him open but cauterizing the wound at the same time. He cried out, and made his own thrust.

Ulric takes 12 damage  :csu:

Ulric attacks Shade
Standard - attack with saber
DC 23 Melee combat +13
lightsaber attack 1d20+13 : 19 + 13, total 32

lightsaber damage if successful 2d8+7 : 4, 4 + 7, total 15

Shade will attempt to Block if the attack is successful
Reaction - parry
DC Ulric's attack roll Use the Force +15
Shade's parry 1d20+15 : 2 + 15, total 17